Anyone remember visiting Bill Mitchell's "man cave" on Hamilton Road in Birmingham? | FerrariChat

Anyone remember visiting Bill Mitchell's "man cave" on Hamilton Road in Birmingham?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, Jul 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Back around 50-60 years ago I was invited by Bill Mitchel, ex-styling VP of GM, to see his racing memorabila, trophies, photos, apparal. Anyone notice anything odd about the collection? (Or is it just my memory?) i want to know because i am writing a fiction story about it and want to know if anyone had the same reaction.

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The sharks were actually painted? ;)

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Yeah everybody knows they couldn't get the Shark (later Mako Shark) prototype to match the stuffed shark in Bill's office (I think that was his work office) so word is some designers snuck it out and repainted it to match the color of the car and finally to Bill the car looked like the Shark on the wall. I'm talking about the car parts and clothing enshrined in the plexiglass boxes on stands at his home .

of2worlds likes this.
  4. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    of2worlds likes this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  6. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    OK, the "secret" (which maybe only creeped me out) was the racing souvenirs from famous drivers had blood on them. Imagine back then, you're a race driver. you hit hard and get thrown out of the car and you see a hefty man running toward you...and all he wants is your helmet, gloves or shoes, something with your blood o it...