Ferrari ROMA | Page 117 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    elmadi, egt1165A, of2worlds and 3 others like this.
  2. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
  3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  4. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Man this is a head scratcher. I was in a couple of weeks ago and was told that I am 10R but when I log on I still don’t have a VIN. Didn’t have one on my GTS even when I was getting photos. Anyone have production line photos yet? Was guessing our cousins across the pond will be taking deliveries before we do.

5. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    You are using the app?? Not trying to use a standard browser??

It showed up app for me. But I’ve only heard from the dealer it was locked...

SV

Only other thing I can think of is your account isn’t tied in correctly. Might talk to the dealer to check for you...

6. fastfxx

fastfxx Rookie

Sep 27, 2017
    Full Name:
    LALAUT
    vcappp, Maggio23 and of2worlds like this.
  7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Ahhh...that may be the issue. I have been logging via browser. Will check the app shortly. I did ping jason to see if he had an eta. You going this weekend for a drive?

8. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Doing cars n coffee Saturday at rosewood.

SV

9. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Check that. Rosewood is next Saturday (17th).

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Ralph Both

Ralph Both Rookie

Oct 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    Hi, i am now driving a 911 (911.2) Turbo s and looking into the new Roma. The 911 is a great fast car but i miss something special on the car. Does anyone now how these cars compare to each other in handling and driving?

11. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    They posted my first photo this morning. A body in white front shot on the line. Welds all look good.

of2worlds, SVCalifornia and tomc like this.
  12. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Download pic post it up!

Looks like you’re the first!

SV

13. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    When I go to the app and select download picture, it tells me it’s unable to download. Is there a trick to it or something I need to do first?

14. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome: difficult to answer since we are still about three months from any customer cars and there have only been the short test drives already described here

15. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Couldn't say for sure as I don’t have any pics to download.

However you can just do a screen capture then edit the pic with a little cropping to remove everything around it.

SV

Wheels1 likes this.
  16. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I was fortunate to have an opportunity to test drive the Roma this afternoon at Ferrari of Atlanta. Thanks to sales rep Michael Mills for arranging the drive and for chaperoning me as I sped through the Alpharetta area! Super guy! Also, a quick shout-out to ScudMissle who was also on site for a drive. I met and spoke with him for a few. A true gentleman. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login As for the drive, what a car! As I previously reported from my visit to FoA for the unveiling, it is gorgeous in the flesh. There's no need to further rehash that fact. The Roma is very comfortable, and could easily be taken on an hours long drive without fatigue. The nearly-all touchscreen controls take a few minutes to figure-out, but then seem fairly intuitive. I found the start sequence to be interesting as the car seemed to need to boot-up before I could hit the engine start (this only happened the second time I started it, and may have been caused by me inadvertently putting it in carwash mode prior to cutting off the engine). The seat controls are pretty neat. They're displayed on the center console, and each part is highlighted when you are selecting your bolstering. The mirror controls are also fascinating as they're run off of a touchpad. The Roma's sound is really nice, especially when heard from the outside. Ferrari has done a nice job giving it an aggressive tone - more so than I expected. It does sound great inside, too, when at speed and while shifting through the gears. No one should worry about not having enough sound. I kept the car in Sport mode the entire drive. I started off in automatic and then switched to manual half way through the drive. As expected, the shifts are lightning fast and the car has no discernible turbo lag. I was not able to get on the highway, but was able to get up to a decent speed a few times on the side roads. Acceleration is quite brisk, the car feels very tight and responsive - nimble, to be exact - and would undoubtedly be quite fun on a track. What I found most interesting about the drive was how small the Roma feels. Though it looks long and low-slung, it seems very compact from the driver's seat on the move, and the sightlines defined by the high, sculpted finder flares make knowing your position on the road immediately instinctive. When finished driving, it was easy for me to imagine this as a true daily driver Ferrari should that be your ambition. Comfortable, Capable, Beautiful, FUN!! The Roma is a clear winner for Ferrari, and makes a fantastic case for the space it now occupies in the line-up.

elmadi, vcappp, inox and 10 others like this.
  18. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    The pleasure was all mine! This is what I love about Ferrari...great cars and even better people.

Couldn’t agree more with your assessment of the Roma. You saved me from typing it myself.

As a result of your “spirited” drive, we decided to hit the highway instead. At full on acceleration, the back end wiggled a bit in 3rd gear, but the car recovered quickly as expected. Very smooth power train and gearbox.

This is a very solid platform for a spider version to replace the Portofino in the future

vcappp, of2worlds, Bundy and 3 others like this.
  19. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Got it. I checked the app and have the VIN...now red 30. Looks like a nov build slot and should have the car end of Nov first part of Dec. Jason thought I might be really early for stateside but 008 seems to be the lead horse. I may be around next weekend and if so, I will swing by

20. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Good news!

Mine is still in waiting mode. Good to hear the app worked for you!

Unfortunately got word today the C&C next week was cancelled. No word on a new date...

SV

21. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Hope yours moves soon and thanks again for the tip .

Bummer on C&C...maybe he next one.

22. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Sorry. One last question.

Your app shows red 30??

SV