F8 vs 720S 1/4 Mille | Page 9 | FerrariChat

F8 vs 720S 1/4 Mille

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariFR33458, Sep 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    What is your opinion regarding acceleration, handling, and smoothness at speed?

I am blown away by the performance and the fun it provides. The silence or spaceship sound adds to the futuristic nature of the ride.

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I agree with much of your assessment except that I believe they did a great job managing the weight. If you compare to a sports car then of course not but otherwise it felt decent. I got lucky to get out of mine without losing a ton of money, they are way overpriced.

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I compared it back to back with a Lusso. Felt a lot heavier. The Lusso I find hides its bulk pretty well.

Gh21631 likes this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yeah, I had an FF for a while and enjoyed that drive much better.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I guess you may be right on that. I criticize Tesla for their sticker price, because they have subpar quality but they are the ones who have developed the technology the best. Porsche came out with the Taycan saying it was going to be competitive with the Tesla. When you say competitive, you have to mean it. They, of course, added the Porsche shield and automatically added 40-60k, in addition to a better looking interior and perhaps better performance. But they didn't keep their promise of being competitive. Exorbitant price difference. To make matters worse, continue with the ridiculous bastardization of the line 4s, Turbo and Turbo S. How about dropping the Turbo, because it just isn't at all and just have to models; 4 and 4S, makes more sense. Does it not?

I am a petrol head and will always be. I once considered an electric vehicle, and it was going to be the Taycan, if I were ever to consider one. However, the issue that it was the initial model and the price. I decided against it and to be honest. Maybe never will.

The fallacy of EV being green or clean air is hypocritical. There is massive exchange in pollution. The pollution of the EV is heavy upfront (mining, mining equipment, transportation, build and then towards the end of the life of the vehicle; batteries being shipped back to be recycled. The funny thing is that US and some other few countries adhere to (or try) the green movement but who regulates China and India, among other offenders. The pollution control can't be dependent on a few to make it count and work, it should be a blanket. We all share the same air and earth. We make US follow more green strich rules, lawws and guidelines but hypocritically have others do the dirty work, increasing and allowing increased pollution in their countries/backyards.

Igor Ound likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    My top of line P100D is $70k cheaper than comp Porsche EV. The latter has MUCH better interior, but not worth that crazy price gap.
    I would easily pay another $10k to Tesla for better interior ergonomics/features/layout (the materials are fine IMO).
    Honestly, after having two top S models, I would just get a Model 3 Perf and call it a day, plow the money into another CS!

7. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    The US has 5% of the population, consumes 30% of the energy/resources and produces 30% of the waste.
    If every country did the same we would be extinct so look at your own belly first before throwing rocks at the other countries.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Who has the highest GDP in the world? Asking for a friend.

greg328 likes this.
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    No offense but the P100D is ugly as F. Looks like an ostrich egg. In fact all of the Telsa's are ugly and poorly built. It would be nice if one of these mnfrs came out with a better total package.

stavura, GT2goneF and Shadowfax like this.
  10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They need an electric car with the technology of a Tesla and the looks of a Pagani.

Gh21631 likes this.
  11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Completely disagree. One of the better looking big sedans on the market, sans last years S class. The BMW is hideous. Audi is bland. All have a much better interior than the Tesla.
    In fact, the quality for both my purchases, and my co-owners and employees where we have over 15 of these cars, has been very good.
    But you are entitled to your opinion. Mine is as a multiple repeat owner and operator.

Ash Patel and tekaefixe like this.
  12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Would love this!

greg328 likes this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    But you sold one of the hottest Pista's I've seen, it hard to agree on styling with you.

GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Do you know that China has double the Carbon footprint that US has????

Image Unavailable, Please Login

And this was just updated August 2020

In addition, here are the top 3 countries that emitted most CO2 in 2018

CO2 emissions (total)
    1 China 10.06GT
    2 United States 5.41GT
    3 India 2.65GT

So... If USA spends more energy, I guess they/we are doing so more efficiently and/or "cleaner".

Your friend has answered.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I made that Pista...my style!
    Dont confuse boring car with lack of hot style, because the Pista is one beautiful rig.

16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’ve been waiting for something to post this. EVs aren’t saving the world....

Ash Patel likes this.
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Let’s take the politics out of here folks. I don’t know why tekaefixe keeps injecting it here.

Jo Sta7 and Igor Ound like this.
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Funny!!!!

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am not into politics. I am one to not talk about politics... This is not politics. These are energy facts.... I am sorry for the uncomfortable post but facts are facts. With that said.. I leave it to rest....

tekaefixe likes this.
  20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The Mac has a different approach to intercooler being water/air whereas Ferrari being air/air. If what you are saying is true maybe the Mac is getting to the point of heat soak. Anyone with a Mac : do they have any data on the air temps ? I wish Ferrari did.

greg328 likes this.
  21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    You are 100% correct on that.

22. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Europe

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Good one....?

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    awesome. The same Europe that has a si foe president and currency?

25. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Jo Sta7 likes this.