Harris and the SF90 | FerrariChat

Harris and the SF90

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Gh21631, Oct 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Here you go:

4re308, SpeedExceed, F2003-GA and 6 others like this.
  2. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Having hard time with everything off?
    That’s disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Manda racing likes this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Looks like it got his attention with all the nannies off...T

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Hes getting old

mobiledev22 and mkultra like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    dhari and Shadowfax like this.
  6. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    My goodness, to my eyes the styling of the rear of that car is a mess.

Jakuzzi, 06viper, WM458 and 7 others like this.
  7. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    I think, when looking at it from the rear, a contrast colour roof and the antenna add two more elements that really do not help. A smaller and better placed number plate might also help but that depends on the length of your registration number (in the UK anyway).

Looking forward to seeing the SF90 spider with the antenna moved off the roof and body colour roof.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeh still mystified on how that got signed off on. It's a shocker.

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The contrasting roof is very important. The car was designed with this in mind. At the atelier back in Feb, it was stressed ad nauseam that the car should be configured with it. Saw an SF90 without and that was no good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Why would the assumption be that this car would be easy to drive with all the systems turned off? This is a car that can only be great because of the electrical systems functioning, not despite them.

galt, Shadowfax, Thecadster and 3 others like this.
  11. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Let’s see, mine doesn’t have the contrasting roof! I also disagree that the car should be configured with it

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think McDaddy Harris won't be pleased no matter what. He has been negative about the SF90 since its presentation, and it is not wearing his favorite badge.

TheF1BOB, mkultra, Tommy Boy and 3 others like this.
  13. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    Umm, one of the launch cars was body coloured roof, albeit with stripe / assetto package so not sure how that stands up.

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    There's a difference between a car with a big stripe and one without. I was not talking about AF cars. Like I said, to each their own. When at the atelier back then, they were very keen on keeping a non-AF car two-tone.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It's your car. I don't recall your spec.

I'm normally not into roofs in different colours, but I think an SF90 without AF needs it, unless it's black or Blu Le Mans.

16. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    For anyone who doesn't get Top Gear in their country, unfortunately, no lap time.

PS: Not my channel, I just found it on YouTube.

Maggio23, BJK and Caeruleus11 like this.
  17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #17 Lukeylikey, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    Agreed. I drive in CT off or race, or wet if it’s wet. Literally never use ESC off on any Ferrari. Not worried about drifting! It’s part of the car, ESC off is only significant for journos who need to get the sideways cover shot and can have fun with someone else’s tyres and drivetrain.

I’m out of the UK again (another Italian road trip in our 812 GTS :) ) but my family texted me that the full length version was aired last night on top gear. The car is blisteringly fast - did the top gear track in 1.11.4 versus 1.12.7 for the Pista, a whopping 1.3 seconds faster on a short, twisty track where extra weight should be a penalty. Overall he wasn’t entirely convinced by the car and is not a hybrid fan, sort of gobsmacked by how good it is but doesn’t love it as a driver’s car. Fair enough. I’ll make my own mind up about that but he might be right. All my family loved the car though.

In fact, the only people I can find who hate the car are on here. None of my family or friends/people I know - Ferrari owning and not - hate the car. When it was revealed in Maranello I was really impressed and spent a whole evening with other people talking about it. Nobody hated it, from a room full of VIP Ferrari customers. Some were indifferent, a very small number were not keen, most loved it, some enough to order it. I guess that’s why they signed it off. It looks better in real life than photographs. The AF pack is comfortably better looking and most were commenting on that car, generally ignoring the non AF car.

By the way, just saw the clip above, no lap time, however, a Mac devotee friend of mine texted it to me last night, not sure where he got it from or if they announced it on the show but he is well connected and I trust him.

18. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    jo_ker, stavura, Thecadster and 3 others like this.
  19. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I could not agree with you more. I think what a lot of people fail to mention here is that SF90 is not the next 488. It's a whole new segment by itself with a much higher pricing and the 500K+ bracket operates on slightly different design principles. If you look at all the cars in this bracket Aventedor, Senna, Pagani, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, they all are not elegant and svelte but rather more focused on presence (and/or shock and awe). I think SF90 has presence in spades and will find many happy homes with people that operate in this bracket. I think it looks much better than its closest rival, the Aventedor SVJ. If Lamborghini can sell 1000 SVJs and 800 SVJ roadsters then Ferrari can easily sell 1000 SF90 Stradales and 1000 SF90 Spiders. This car will be a hit similar to the Porsche 918 Sypder, many panned it initially for its weight and slightly boring looks but Porsche sold every one of them and they still command very healthy premiums . If you compare the numbers produced vs the P1 I would go as far as to say that 918 has done better than the P1!

20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    WOW! That is insanely fast. That difference compared to a Pista is huge on that track. It is only about half a second slower than the FXX Evo driven by Schumi. It's also a lot faster than the La F which had a 1:14.2 time on that board. Bravo!

stavura, Lukeylikey and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure you are entirely correct on the ESC OFF prerogative. ESC OFF is also useful on track in general, so it does matter for those who track how it feels. What I see is that they might need to hone the way the front and rear power delivery is done, but that should be okay. My guess is that this is more than likely a pretty early car, so cars further down the line might be better. Remember the early FF? That 4RM system was a pretty odd fish to say the least, but later it became completely seamless. It is nice to see though that it seems to run really well in CT OFF as that is great for spirited street driving.

22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Two Ferrari’s on the top of the Top Gear lap board is interesting. First time ever?

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sport is great for traffic and around town. Gear shifts are seamless where in Race they can be jerky at slow speeds. Ferraris Mannetino is the best mode selector in the business by far.

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Whether shifts are jerky in race really depends ob the model. Don't find the 488 and Pista very jerky in RACE. The 458 is very jerky in RACE. I'm really looking forward to it as it generally seems like they have made a very fast and nice car:)

25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    No I think they have done it before.