Questions about Blu Elettrico | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Questions about Blu Elettrico

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Glenn Quagmire, Feb 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    It was Blu Caelum

purexotic and of2worlds like this.
  2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
  3. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
  4. Mahesh K

Mahesh K Rookie

Sep 25, 2019
    Blu Elettrico is 2 layer special paint. In face I know this because I ordered my F8 in one with Rosso interiors.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    let me summarize, please pay more so that after you parked, you will turn back and stare at the car. If it requires 30k to do it, please do it. And I think most people here agree. The only question we had is why on a F8 though.

GT2goneF likes this.
  6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
  7. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    Gh21631, LARRYH, bwshihtzu and 4 others like this.
  8. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    I have a Blu Elettrico Pista. To the OP, I believe, recalling from memory here, it was ~$26,000 USD for the paint. Yes, triple layer like the yellow Giallo Triplo Strato. Very deep looking color with a lighter blu metallic looking fleck. I would describe it best like a royal blue/Dodger blue with lighter cerulum blue (McLaren color) metallic fleck in it.

Let me see what phots in the sunlight I can share - for some reason, a lot of my photos will not post on FerrariChat.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    So, now the pics will post and they post three times - my apologies. I also have a few photos of a 488 in Blu Elettrico out in the sun that may help as a reference for you.

10. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
  11. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
  12. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Blu Elettrico is a stunning color indeed. The question comes with its price and the concern over ability to match and repair chips/paint later on. It’s a $28k option on the F8.

Need4Spd likes this.
  13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I should have asked here or you before I made my build. Unfortunately my order was already accepted after I joined. I sat in a 488 racing seat (may have been a PIsta, I can't quite recall) and on electric seats of a Portofino. Although, I was skeptical of the Portofino seats being or feeling the same as the 488/Tributo. The sales representative assured me that they were the same. The racing seat felt very comfortable and ergonomic but lacks padding and I felt that I wouldn't like them for a long drive. My GT2 has bucket seats and although they are "comfortable" until you are in them for a while. In addition, they are Alcantara and they get really hot, regardless of A/C being in the coldest setting the car is freezing but my back is sweating. The Portofino electric seats felt very comfortable.

For this reason, I selected the electric seat. Maybe I made a mistake. I don't know. This is my first Ferrari. I have been in my Uncle's Ferraris but it isn't the same when you get in one a few times versus owning it a frequently driving one.

I don't have any exterior CF (I hate the yellowing effect and the additional care it requires. However, I did include quite a bit of CF in the interior, what I consider tastefully done. Too much CF makes it look odd. I am not too worried about yellowing in the interior as I will be tinting windows with Huper Optik Drei and direct sun exposure won't be an issue anyway.

I hope that I didn't make a mistake that I will regret... We'll see.

14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Indeed. That is why you have to wrap the entire car. It isn't easy to repair any paint chip on double or triple layer paint and it will not be cheap either. A chip will require painting of the entire panel or part involved, which adds two major problems, besides cost (which I already addressed). One, who is good enough to do it and two, paint color matching... So it is cheaper to wrap than to repair.

I am in agreement with you. It should be like a woman. When she or you walk away, it should make you want to look back and stare. Otherwise, why even do it? I ordered mine Bianco Italia with Nero top, total about 48k, alone in paint with some additional out of book paint options approved by Ferrari.

Why on an F8?. Simple. I love its looks. Just like others love the Pista, 458, F40/50, La Ferrari or even the ugly looking Enzo..., etc... It isn't that I don't like them. (Except the Enzo, that car has always been hideous. (I apologize to those that have one) But I prefer the overall looks of the F8 even over the Pista.

Modulo_B and IloveGT like this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Not a blue kind of guy but Blu elettrico is quite impactful, especially with the yellow lines and accents... Also perfect for a Rams fan (I do not follow football, just in case, somebody feels a false connection)

16. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You didn’t make a mistake. It will be fine. Exterior carbon on a limited car like the Pista or TDf makes sense. Not so sure it’s necessary on an F8. As far as electric seats- lots of folks like them as they give you more adjustment options.

don’t sweat it. I’m sure your car will be great.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    D11 and GT2goneF like this.
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Made me laugh... Of all the nice things... The floor!!!, With that said... very good observation... It is nice.

19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Ryan13, tickerhound, LARRYH and 2 others like this.
  20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    yes. once you are on the forum long enough, then you start to pay attention to things that are not Ferrari in the picture. Lol.

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Please don't get bored with the repetitive questions and posts. We need experienced ones here. I too can appreciate the flooring and garages and indeed have commented on them as well.. Not for lack of interests of the cars but as a whole package.

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    IloveGT likes this.
  23. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Did a similar kind of floor. It is epoxy (well, at least ours is)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    looks very good but I don’t want to do epoxy. Either tile or polished concrete.