F8 vs 720S 1/4 Mille | Page 8 | FerrariChat

F8 vs 720S 1/4 Mille

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariFR33458, Sep 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Play nice... There is plenty of space in the sand pit...

2. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Which Ferraris do you own?

Shadowfax and Gh21631 like this.
  3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Are you some kind of tax inspector? :oops:

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You should have kept this one. One of the best looking Pista's I've seen. It truly is a fun car. I plan to keep mine even with the 765 coming.

5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Electrics and hybrid electrics are two very different things. Not sure why we should think Ferrari will not be good at hybrid electrics. LaF seemed to be ok?

x z8 and Igor Ound like this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Was far too reminiscent of the 488, which I couldn’t stand.
    I dont have much hope in the 765LT TBH, but I’ll give it a try.
    Have been enjoying the CS a lot. Way too fast for the canyons, yet makes all the right moves and tons of drama!

Ash Patel likes this.
  7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    And that’s the least ridiculous part of his post...

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    To understand the post you firstly need to own a car. Scooters and skateboards are not applicable.

Gh21631 likes this.
  9. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Of you don’t own any of the new models you like to talk so much you should shut your trap and listen to what actual owners say about them.
    Kids are welcomed in the forum (plenty to learn here) but not trolls!

BJK and Gh21631 like this.
  10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #185 Igor Ound, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Very classy Who’s the troll again? All of this because I said the 765 will depreciate faster than the SF90?
    And do you two always reply together? are you an item or something? Well done both of you. Not gonna make mclarens any better

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'm not sure what the trigger was for a few of the members here to question you - which was what aroused my curiosity - but when the hounds get the scent they are on to something history has shown they are usually right. So is there is there any truth to the suspicions? This is the question that needs answering now. Failing that the hounds will be unleashed forevermore until the truth is spoken. And i'm not talking about "ounds".

tekaefixe and Gh21631 like this.
  12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    ??? Mate it wasn’t the members. It was you and your girlfriend! And now you don’t even know why you attacked?

13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #188 Shadowfax, Oct 4, 2020
    Going by the general evasiveness in your responses i'd agree with member takeafixe 100% it's time to put up or shut up. Nobody likes being played and legit members/owners of these cars have been played by a couple of members here who were found to own nothing and have managed to sail under the radar for a long time making out they actually knew something when in reality they knew sweet FA other than what they may have read somewhere once upon a time. So the hard question here is are you another one, because it's sure starting to look that way.

And to give credit to noone1, - who established the benchmark around these parts - for all of his alleged misgivings he was always upfront about not owing a car and admitted to basing everything he said off what he'd read and, at least he did own cars at one stage and produced pictures when asked. So he is a long way ahead of your game at this stage in play. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but when someone doesn't even own a car and wants to make assertions then I think it's time to put it to bed.

PS It's starting to look like noone1 has been outdone by 2 members here from what I can see so far. I mean 7763 posts over 8 years is getting up there and may take the golden Oscar if the hounds are right.

BJK, tekaefixe and Gh21631 like this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The concern is more about how they handle batteries & electronics, as a Ferrari owner I am sure you are well aware of all their past and current problems. Not to mention their in-car technology is antiquated but maybe they surprise us - hopefully they will.

Shadowfax likes this.
  15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Don’t know where to start with your great arguments, you’re obviously just looking for a fight at this point. Good bye. Say hello to the hounds. Back to topic

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #191 Shadowfax, Oct 4, 2020
    Ok thank-you got it. The hounds were right again - no need for any further commentary. Stay tuned - you may be in line for an Oscar. It's been a long time in the waiting by look of it.

Let's hope you're right with Sf90 Lukey. Ferrari generally make a good car and I'm sure Sf90 will drive very well, but sadly the electrics have not exactly been what I could call a strong suit based upon my own personal experiences to date. But we live in hope of better things to come.

17. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Ok you go on ignore as one does with trolls

Igor Ound likes this.
  18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Guys, If you don’t like each other just ignore each other.

Igor Ound likes this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Hence my advice... Play nice, there is plenty of space in the sand box, in this case sand pit... Don't like the music, change the station, track or just simply turn off the radio. The noise will go away... As 3PO once said... If you get my meaning...

Igor Ound likes this.
  20. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    People aren't discussing the lakers vs. the celtics from a fan and entertainment stand point. (that's a different type of sandbox).

People who have the cars or are interested in the cars (silent observers, other posters); like to hear/read opinions from people who have the cars and/or significant experience with the cars or getting the cars...

not some random people who gave way outsized opinions/information that doesn't correspond with how things really work (the same types come to the defense of each other). These types should ask questions rather than giving outsized opinions for the sake of participating. Eventually (which has already happened); the people with the cars and the information that others seek will just disappear and its only the people who don't have the cars or not getting the cars just discussing amongst each other and creating more fake news).

Shadowfax and Jo Sta7 like this.
  21. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #196 Igor Ound, Oct 4, 2020
    What kind of logic is this? So if I don’t like a brand/car (and it seems I’m far from being the only one) I still have to buy it before I can criticise it?
    I’m not on mclarenchat am I?

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I get your point as well as the others that have been honing in on the target. I really do understand their frustration. Having people without the actual experience of any given item make comments or give opinions based on reading and not because of the possession of the item shouldn't be an issue, in my opinion, as long as it is backed up with a reliable source of information. Such is the case with all journals of different professions. However, I agree that it should be disclosed... pretending to have something that you don't is not a punishable offense but it makes you look bad, more so if you talk as if you do.

I look at some of these people with pity and others with hope... One may be a jealous one, the other can be a hopeful dreamer that is working hard to get there. The problem lies in the difficult task of defining "who is who". This is why I say, play nice in the sandbox, it is plenty big.. if you can't play with a certain person. Just move to a different area, leave him/her/them alone... Eventually they will assimilate or they will play alone until they figure out that they aren't part of the group and leave. Same goes with my radio metaphor... Change the station/track and if it doesn't work, turn off the radio, the noise will stop.

There are always better ways than keyboard "warrioring"... to me, the ignore or block button is a great tool.

Igor Ound likes this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I do have to say, it makes up for great entertainment and boy are there some funny people here...

Igor Ound likes this.
  24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    :). agree. Most people here stay classy.

D but the ignore feature works great when you need to mark some complete fool out.

25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Are you saying the Taycan hides its weight? I spent 4 hours with a Turbo S and it did not hide its weight what so ever. You felt every single one of those 2400 kg. From the classic "Heavy car double bounce", to the 60 km/h railroad crossing that banged its fat belly on the tarmac, to the delay in direction changes. Quick yes, and crap tech to say the least, and the bouncy Taycan is the first car ever to make me physically feel bad. Oh, you forgot to mention the crap interior materials. The one I tried, had "Club Leather". What the hell kind of club is that? I'd take a Tesla and feel less shafted, the price is just stupid.