Ferrari Omologata | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Omologata

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by isot, Sep 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I think it is gorgeous. I love the TdF and this has similar tail end. I like the smoothly scalloped sides better than the zig-zag of the lines on the 812 coupe (and arguably my favorite part of the 812GTS is that it deletes that awkward angle, and the tail is much better as a flat deck.

Veloce12 likes this.
  2. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Agree on some accounts but I despise the flat deck (and monstrous eccentric buttresses) of the GTS. Very interesting how we all see designs differently. I’m grateful I don’t have to do Manzoni’s job.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Frank_C likes this.
  3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Are you going to get the 'VS' 812?

4. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
  5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    That's my opinion too ;)

ciao

6. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I’d love to have one but I doubt I’ll get an allocation. Have said “no” to Ferrari too many times in the past year or two. We’re so happy with our TM 812SF that we don’t want to part with it. I’ll probably regret it in the long run, but we’ve stepped off the allocation treadmill to focus on the older models moving forward.

7. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
  8. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    These two are not SP cars. The 612 Kappa is from before 2009 (and would anyway not count on the « 10 V12 SP projects »), and the 612 Pavesi is from Pavesi, not Ferrari.

isot and F140C like this.
  9. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I like how it has reverted back to single tail-light for each side.

9nb and Igor Ound like this.
  10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    NürScud and SVCalifornia like this.
  11. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    What’s this called?? The Nutcracker?

SV

sampelligrino likes this.
  12. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    It is a well designed car of course. I wouldn't call it stunning. Some design elements are simply amazing but, for me, and it is a personal opinion it is something that it is based somewhere. I know about the rules that every SP has to be based in a production model due to safety measures etc etc but is so 812. Reminds me the Ferrari SP12 EC. It is also so 458, with different headlights (Enzo), different front and rear grille, rear lights etc etc. On the other hand i love, i mean i really love the Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina. There is nothing to remind that this is based on a Ferrari Enzo (except the interior and the engine compartment). The car looks amazing. For me, this must be the whole idea of a concept or a one-off car.

Of course this is something that reflects my view.

13. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    At a first glance the Omologato already looks different from the 812 SF. I put together some pictures of both cars in order to try to spot the main design differences. The bonnet views show that the head lights are identical in both models. However, the air intakes are completely different in design and position and on the Omologato’s bonnet we can see that the 812's upper radiator air vents have been eliminated.
    The side design of the Omologato from the front wheels to the rear shows that's more classical than the one of the 812. Despite being more classical the absence of aerobridges also makes the Omologato's side look very different from the one of the F12 .

To my eyes the Omologato’s rear design looks much better than the one of the 812 but I have mixed feelings about the louvers placed where is located the 812 rear window. From a low rear angle view I like them but from a side rear view they seem rather vulgar missing the integration and the sophistication of the ones on the SP 38. Despite not liking so much some design details of the Omologato, in general I think is a good design with an elegant classical look that reflects the owner’s personal vision of what a Ferrari GT V12 should be
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, tomc and C50 like this.
  14. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Nothing beats an F12 (in terms of looks).

Marcel Massini

15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I would be pretty ticked they left that paddle on the back. At least they made it all black so you can't tell its tilted.

16. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
  17. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    A really radical design. Totally agree Mr Massini.

18. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    To my eyes is that correct for the F12 tdf - the back of the standard F12 reminds me always of an uterus with illuminated ovaries :p

tickerhound and gliazzurri like this.
  19. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The rear of the F12 spoils the whole car for me.

I´ve seen around here a photo of a test car with a more conventional rear bumper, pity that they didn´t go that way. Unfortunately I´ve lost the picture. If I ever buy a F12, I´d ask someone to make a custom bumper like that and throw the uterus in the trash bin.

Dubaicity and gliazzurri like this.
  20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The picture below shows the rear side views of the Omologata, 812 SF and F12 Berlinetta from an angle that rarely favors any car. I know which rears I like more and less but I leave to each one their own judgement.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  21. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    of2worlds, doc76, F140C and 2 others like this.
  22. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    matthis, of2worlds, ryalex and 8 others like this.
  23. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Thanks for sharing an actual photo. I like it but might prefer the side profile and even front of the 812 SF. And the lack of graphics.

The Omologato rear looks pretty cool. I’ve always liked the single larger taillights used on the FF, F12, tdf...

24. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    This and the gift ribbon around the front. Looks really weird

MDEL, Bundy and Altoria F like this.
  25. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    From the rear my favourite is the Omologata, but only from the rear.

MDEL, ppg70 and Bundy like this.