Rank 458 Exhaust Mods For Me | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rank 458 Exhaust Mods For Me

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FFan5, Sep 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ajc

ajc Rookie

Aug 8, 2005
    uk
    Full Name:
    AJC
    Hi Also picking up on this last post “the stock exhaust essentially bypasses the muffler once valves are open”

Brings me onto a similar question more on the pitch, I have IPE headers and sports cats and kept the standard muffler with remote valve control for this very reason seeing no value in changing the muffler.

Taking on the point raised by obbob Muffler x pipe primarily determines the pitch, I would like more F1 pitch like my 360cs and less bass.

So, changing the muffler keeping with IPE will change the pitch and will I notice the difference and the best option??

Note I also have BMC airfilters and ecu tune.

Thanks

2. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    This thread comes up every week or so. Hate to be the guy saying search, but there’s a lot out there.
    Here’s a summary if it helps - do the whole thing, you won’t regret it, have fun. If you’re concerned about straight pipe level noise, then just keep the cats or get 200 cell or a custom cat made. These cars are meant to be piped, just do the full deal and enjoy. If you want high pitched F1 the best it can be, there is nothing better than Novitec. Understanding it’s pricey, Kline and s-line are good substitutions, but there is nothing like novitec inconel.

wthensler likes this.
  3. ajc

ajc Rookie

Aug 8, 2005
    uk
    Full Name:
    AJC
    Thanks yes as you say Rory search thats how I came up with the combination I have, but dont recall seeing the clarity to my question I am looking for hence further comments specificly still appreciated.

Rory breaker likes this.
  4. TUTTSF

TUTTSF Karting

Sep 21, 2018
    So. Cal
    Brands I've personally heard, of course mine IPE, S-line, Capristo, FI, other than the S-line I do not know their full set up of what else they have.

S-line car has test pipes and headers highest pitch and loudest I've heard all the rest are similar in pitch would have to have them all lined up together to tell the difference in pitch highest to lowest.

I went with IPE as I thought it was slightly higher pitched than FI and Capristo but not knowing if they had test pipes or cats it was just a guess on my part.

I am very happy with my set up (Fabspeed headers, 200 cell cats) IPE stainless w/valves

Some long haul stretches of traveling I do get tired of the same pitch sound but would never give up the way it sounds getting to 9k redline

5. jjp11

jjp11 Karting

Sep 1, 2013
    I originally was going to just do 200cell cats and muffler, while skipping the headers. Knowing myself, I knew I'd be constantly wondering how much better the car might sound with headers. I didn't want to play that "what if" game in my head every time I drove the car, so I just decided to bite the bullet and do everything at once. I settled on a stainless steel Kline system consisting of headers, 200cell cats, and muffler. Couldn't be happier. I never do test pipes on my cars because the smell is annoying, CELs, and the exhaust note always sounds raspy... So that was never a consideration.

Sent from my SM-G981V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Here is my IPE headers back on my S vs S line exhaust alone on my 16m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    They sound awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    Do you happen to have video that captures the sound inside the cabin?
    Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    That 16m and S video is super helpful for people that’s a killer vid. Here’s a Novitec video on YouTube from inside cabin: