Traded 2 cars for an '18 Lusso | FerrariChat

Traded 2 cars for an '18 Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Yellow355, Oct 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yellow355

Yellow355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    It's been almost ten year since I had my last Ferrari, a Challenge Stradale, but this week I was able to find the perfect spec (to me) Lusso so I traded my '19 GT3RS and a '19 Z06 for it. Just have too many two seater and now with a family need a roomier backseat than what's in the 911's.

Question for you guys as for the life of me, I can't find any information from the Owner's manual.
    1. How do I keep the central touch screen on while ignition is on? Right now it only comes on when car is moving and goes dark when car stops.
    2. How do I silent the backup beeps, it reminds me of my driving school bus days?

And man, the interior is nice and I'm so glad I got this instead of a Bentley CGT.
    And owning a V12 was one of my bucket list items, now I can cross it off.

Stay healthy everybody...

otakki, Boomhauer, SECRET and 4 others like this.
  2. Jlee504

Jlee504 Karting

Apr 8, 2017
    So funny, I I just sold my 19GT3RS so I can get a lusso too! would love to see what you bought and from where?

SECRET likes this.
  3. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    how does the GT3RS compare to a Lusso? is it slower?

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Pics or it didn’t happen.

5. Yellow355

Yellow355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    RS is a LOT faster, but it's a track car and my Black Beauty is the new family car. The Carrera T was the family car but the rear seat was getting too cramped for my 9 year old, thus getting a "wagon" now. ;)

Too hot outside today to take pictures, this will have to make do for now...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

KY _Soldier, otakki, SECRET and 3 others like this.
  6. Yellow355

Yellow355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Hey guys please some show me how to keep the center touchscreen on all the time. Can this be done???

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Excellent. Great spec.

8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! The central screen will go on when you turn the car on and off when the car goes off. If the ignition is on the screen should be on. I think there is something wrong. Not sure about the beeps but I think in some menu there is the option for beep volume- not sure if you can turn them off though.

9. Yellow355

Yellow355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    My central screen only comes on when car is moving and goes dark when car stops so there's got to be a setting that controls it but I just can't find it. It's driving me crazy.

10. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Hey, not sure at all the RS is faster: my bone stock FF is slightly faster than my buddy's 991.2 GT3RS with catless Akrapovic and tune; at least in straight line, we did some rolling starts from 50 to 280 kph.

11. Yellow355

Yellow355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I don't drag race, only road race and autox and the Lusso doesn't stand a chance against a GT3, not to mention an RS.
    FF is maybe faster from a dig to maybe 30 MPH to 40 MPH due to the 4WD, but the RS can still do 0-60 around 3.0 to 3.1 second.
    I'm not knocking the Lusso, it's built for different purposes. It's senseless comparing the two cars.

12. Yellow355

Yellow355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Found the issue... if the Parking Sensor to come on under 6MPH option is checked, then the display goes out. I unchecked this option, the display stays on while ignition is on.

13. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    I never launch my cars, only rolling starts on "german" highways.
    I was myself surprised the FF keep ahead the buddy's RS, and did at least 5 times...
    That said I agree the cars are built for different purposes but when 6-7AM on a empty dry highway and 200 miles to drive to destination the temptation is huge to check the toys with friends...

14. Yellow355

Yellow355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Probably a repost but have you guys seen this drag race?

15. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats!!!

458 to Lusso here and just sold my 16 RS with no replacement. The car is amazing and with 2 little ones there is no substitute. As far as your question goes I’m not sure. And to the question on what’s faster. It’s not even close. The RS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Congrats!

Hmm...I have that low speed parking sensor function on but I don't recall the center touch screen turning off when the car stops. Oh well, maybe it's different for a FF.