Anyone have a cool vespa they might sell? | FerrariChat

Anyone have a cool vespa they might sell?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Sep 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Little woman wants one to go with the Isetta to keep it company. Vintage but might consider newer.

2. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I've got a lot of experience in vintage Vespa/Lambrettas.

There are some beautiful restorations out there, but a LOT of crap, that is not only a ripoff, but downright dangerous. The biggest thing to look out for is "restorations" done in Vietnam that look pretty (paint job and unnecessary chrome) but hide a ton of shoddy work that can fall apart on the road.

The best site on the 'net for legitimate scoots is http://scoot.net/classifieds/

If you see anything specific that piques your interest and you'd like a quick opinion, or if you just want to tap into more info in general, I'd be more than happy to help. Feel free to message me here for my contact info (Lord knows I enjoyed myself at your Memorial Day events for a couple years, and would be honored to pay it back!)

3. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If she's going to ride it, I'd buy a newer one. I just sold a GTS300 and it was a really nice scooter. Reliable, no smells, good drivability and good brakes. It's it a garage mate for the Isetta I'd go vintage for sure but if you really use them the new ones are just so much better. A Primavera with the Uno seat looks great and drives great.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Island Time likes this.
  4. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks man! Of course we miss seeing everyone since the fire. Had no idea you were a scooter expert. There is one here in Jacksonville. I think someone said thic company in Nam might be ok? In the US now, Jacksonville. Cool garage BTW.

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/d/jacksonville-1961-vespa-vbb-standard/7200578193.html

5. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Have Julie take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Rider Course. Buy her a helmet too; and no sandals and pedal pushers while riding!

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Call Ferrari of Houston as Mr Risi has a bunch of limited editions in the Body Shop Lobby.
    They were a dealer for a time.

The Coach Edition comes wit matching sunglasses....