FF to GTC4 | FerrariChat

FF to GTC4

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by stan996turbo, Sep 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Can anyone share their thoughts after moving from a FF to GTC4 or T. From what I’ve read it seems that the Lusso is more refined and faster but not necessarily more engaging. I’m looking for a fun weekend car with the family and not a DD. Thank you.

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Tough one. Overall I think the Lusso is the better car, but the FF suspension is a bit stiffer and spirited. As a daily, there is no contest, but that is not what you are looking for.

But here's what sets the Lusso apart.
    The ESC system in conjunction with the 4RM system is miles ahead. The gear changes are much crisper and noticeably faster. The power difference is noticae too, and combined with a more sporty header design also sound better.

So where does this leave the Lusso? Simple. If you disregard the suspension, n every single possible way the Lusso is the better car. If you add a set of Novi springs you get back the rawness of the FF suspension. The rear wheel steering is nice, the interior is just on a different level. So yes, the Lusso in a heartbeat, and as a weekend fun runner, just add the Novi springs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

-K1- likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    lusso is too soft for me. def not worth the premium. get an FF and put a novitec on it and be done.

otakki, LeoBRK and Fast Poke like this.
  4. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    "Refined " and Ferrari should never be used in the same breath. FF .

timjen88 likes this.
  5. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Thank you guys

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Of course it should. Refined does not only describe something that is softer or less aggressive. Refinement describes precision, focus and purpose. It describes attention to detail. A TdF is a refined F12. A Pista is a refined 488/F8. Raw is not always better, nor does a narrow focus mean less refinement. Take the 812 vs. F12. The 812 while being a new model, could also be described as a refined F12. Is this worse? No. It does everything the F12 does, but all of it better. It is developed, it is honed, it is refined.

To say that the word refined should not be used in the same sentence as Ferrari, is just a really strange form of exotic car snobbery. The FF is very refined, and refinement has been part of exotic sports and GT cars since day one.

You want simplistic and raw? Get a Caterham. Every single street Ferrari since the beginning have been a refined luxury item in one form or another. An FF is nof more pure or better than a Lusso, it is just older and different. Tighten up the springs on a Lusso a bit, and it will do everything an FF does but it will do it better.

7. brent95m3

brent95m3 Rookie

Nov 19, 2013
    Austin
    I drove both back to back. I prefer the styling of the FF but the interior of the Lusso is another level compared to the FF. If springs tighten up the Lusso enough so it’s firmer, I’d take others word for it. There’s also the significant price delta you have to factor in however. Ultimately I chose the FF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    I ran also the both back to back (V8 Lusso only), to compare with the Porsche 911 the FF drive is closer to a GT3 and the Lusso more like a Carrera GTS; mho.

sandstrs likes this.
  9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    FWIW I found the FF to be too hard to be a good GT and too soft to be a good sports car. The Lusso for me is just right as a GT. YMMV

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  10. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Agree 100%. Both FF and Lusso are big heavy GT cars first and foremost.

I do love my Lusso for what it does though: a very fast, comfortable GT supercar that seats 4 adults in luxury.

Il Co-Pilota, vraa and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Completely agree. The FF is great, but it is not without flaws. Two things I did not like was these.
    The low speed firmness was way too rough and the noise levels in the backseat was borderline ridiculous.

vraa and Caeruleus11 like this.