VW sells Bugatti | Page 2 | FerrariChat

VW sells Bugatti

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by jm2, Sep 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    in other news patek philippe has been sold to casio...:D

2. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    The Next Bugatti (which will be presented this year) will not be EV.

Igor Ound likes this.
  3. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I thought the rumors were the next Bugatti is a track only EV? Has anything changed?

4. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I can't say too much, but I guarantee that the Next Bugatti (which will be presented this year) will not be an EV, the Car uses the W16.

Igor Ound, j09333 and 9nb like this.
  5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Production car? A one off track car does not count. Chiron production probably has 3 or 4 years left.

6. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    If you are asking me is there going to be more than one then the answer is yes. The car I'm talking about (the one to be unveiled this year) is not an EV, it's not even close to that.

Igor Ound and j09333 like this.
  7. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    The new Huayra R was recently teased and due in November so it’ll be exciting to see the Pagani and Bugatti track only cars. Also rumors are Koenigsegg are cooking up an ultra limited car that might be the same concept but I’m not sure.

Pagani teaser, @36:50
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFjToJpnwgp/?igshid=1ag8dmluf679w

Jonathan19 likes this.
  8. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    For the Huayra R I had already heard about it I can't wait to see it.

For the Koenigsegg it's already been 1 year since it was revealed to VIP customers at Pebble Beach, from what a friend (who saw the car on the RV) told me it's super wild.

9nb likes this.
  9. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Exciting times before the full EV revolution and everything gets super quiet.

Boomhauer and Jonathan19 like this.
  10. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I believe we have a long time ahead before this.

BJK, Boomhauer and Jonathan19 like this.
  11. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I hope you’re right, my money is still on synthetic fuels and hydrogen rather than BEVs.

gougoul likes this.
  12. FakeAwake

FakeAwake Rookie

Sep 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    JB
    Bugattis issue is they don’t have a visionary at the helm and IMO they missed out on a 700k (just above RR) large coupe/convertible/sedan in the early 2010s. And now theyre missing out by not having a 1m cullinan answer.

Forza_CP likes this.
  13. Il Cavalieri

Il Cavalieri Karting

Jan 31, 2007
    Ferrari with Fiat before, now with Chrysler

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Ferrari is "independent" now, as a public company - even though some of its significant shareholders are also significant shareholders of what is now Stellantis (Peugeot-Citroen-DS-Opel-Fiat-Chrysler-Jeep-Maserati...)

Back to Bugatti, latest news is that it is put under Porsche umbrella (similarly to Lamborghini being under Audi), and VW is working on a joint venture with Rimac (read from different sources, here is one https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35865670/bugatti-porsche-rimac-tieups/)

15. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    When Bugatti was first acquired by VW Piech was not sure what he would do with the Brand. Then came the worlds fastest etc.. and it was uber exclusive top range market.

at the time it was thought that there would be more of a Porsche approach but a cost level higher - ultra expensive Veryron / Chiron... then next level at the $600K - 800K and then one below that at $150 - 250 K .... with larger production. obviously that is not going to happen, but if they do go EV - I think it would make the most sense to do it in tiers - W16 petrol/ Kers at the top, smaller engine middle with HYKERS, and then Full EV with tiny engine to provide range. all done in a mix of sports exotics, I doubt that will happen, but if you wanted to cash in on the brand that is the way forward. RIMAC has no name ... so badge them as Bugatti ...