Did I find the holy grail ?..... | FerrariChat

Did I find the holy grail ?.....

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by theunissenguido, Sep 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #1 theunissenguido, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    I did find a replacement for the water level sensor on the coolant reservoir.
    Ferrari Warning device for liquid level. Part No: 118966
    Replacement whas used by Alfa Romeo and has serial number 70060, produced by MTA Italy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Its works with a different principle. With magnet instead of direct contact between float and sensor. You just need to change the float part, put the metal piece with plastic on the metal rod and put it on the new sensor.. Rubber and sensor have the same diameter as OEM. Prices vary between 35 and 60 euro

i did cut 2 mm of the metal rod, to have the same length as OEM counting from the sensor.
    Guido

afterburner and DocBasilone like this.
  2. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    My original part (3.2) is magnetic as well. The Alfa part looks to be an exact replacement. With Alfa PARTICOLARE 60526200. You can find these on the European ebay sites.

The only component that looks to be failing is the metal rod. This could probably be replaced with nylon, or some plastic. And they also get damaged by removal.

Now go find some new washer bottles !

The bottles may have also been used on some Fiat or Lancia models.

3. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    I have to dissapoint the QV and mondial 8 owners. This sensor is working in reverse of the original. When float is high, this sensor give no contact. The original give contact when float is high. You can solve this by cutting the plastic like on this picture.

4. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL