Testarossa Picture Thread | Page 28 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ARTNNYC, Oct 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

2. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
  3. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I like it just the way you own it. A job very well done and with much class!

c4b4the04 likes this.
  4. TestaDDS

TestaDDS Karting

Sep 6, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    RM
    Nicolas21 likes this.
  5. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
  6. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    FYI, the PO installed spacers on all 4 corners. I was not aware of until I installed new rubber, but I left them on because I think it gives the car a great stance!

MOSS likes this.
  7. dkyranakis

dkyranakis Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    I need the euro fog lights for my US spec 512 TR. they look so much better. Does anyone have any info this conversion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I agree, the euro light are much better looking, even if you found them the electrical would be different! Not impossible but a pia!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

dkyranakis likes this.
  9. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
  10. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
  11. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I have to ask, Can you give us a owners perspective on driving the 2 cars back to back! In your opinion, is the 512 worth the 50% premium? I own a 512 now, and I previously owned an 88 1/2 Testarossa but there was a 10 yr gap.

12. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    the 928 - TR together is fantastic!!!

JLF and Grease Donkey like this.
  13. Grease Donkey

Grease Donkey Karting

Jul 5, 2018
    Zurich, Switzerland
    .... and it's the same color combo.... :):):)

14. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    This was a few weekends back, friend that actually understands cameras took this one. Really love the hips on this car, timeless to me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

MGJBLKTR, VColin, TestaDDS and 2 others like this.
  15. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    blkdiablo33 and c4b4the04 like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

50% no but 30%...yes! Drove a 512 recently and it felt faster and more planted than the TR. Better car for sure but quite a price of admission though;)

17. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Back to Back.....

I have owned my white/white Testarossa 81408 since 2014.. I LOVE this car. Purchased w/ 14k miles. Currently has 17900 miles so I put on approx 3500 miles in the 6 year period. The car has always run well for me with very few issues. It has a custom exhaust with no cats. Amazing sound!!! no drone. I could listen to it all day! It really makes this car special. I added 512 TR wheels back in 14 when I first bought the car which I feel improved grip and handling.

My 512 TR white/red 91725 I purchased a few months back. It has 16k miles currently of which I have put on a few hundred. Major service just completed by Scuderia Performante in Malvern PA. It has a Stock exhaust which I will upgrade to either Tubi race or Kriessig this spring! Feel free to comment on exhaust choice please :)

First impressions when driving back to back:

512 TR is much faster... engine has a higher redline and a different sound, however the stock exhaust is far too quiet for me. (can’t wait to upgrade).

512 TR suspension is Stiff in comparison with the older Testarossa which actually is more comfortable in areas where the roads have imperfections. The 512 TR’s improved suspension geometry and more rigid chassis make the car feel noticeably more solid, with Steering that has greatly improved feel and is more accurate. The 512 TR sits lower and looks amazing with a more aggressive stance. When you attack corners the 512 TR feels completely different with its lower center of gravity. It’s Lighter on its feet, more nimble. The Smaller steering wheel and different suspension geometry, offer quicker turn in and better grip. Really, really good! :)

Interior on the 512 feels more open as it’s intended, with different center tunnel that does not connect with the dashboard. The seats are excellent with a more simple design. Less adjustment and moving pieces, I’m sure they will wear better over time. That being said I still like the wrap around feel of the Testarossa dash and actually prefer the italics on the original gauges over that of the 512TR! The numbers and the style or font in which they are written is more appealing to me. A small detail I had to share...

The Testarossa is a car I always wanted and after 6 years of ownership it keeps getting better for me! It has iconic style that I cant stop staring at and a symphony of sound that is addictive!!! Its comfortable and easy to drive (with the exception of low speed parking) with great visibility.

So is The 512 TR is worth the difference in price to me? YES! While the Testarossa is amazing and always will be, the 512 TR is better in almost every aspect. In my opinion, The more you know and love about the Testarossa the more you will appreciate the 512TR and the price difference that comes with it. It’s the evolution of the car most of us here are in love with . Add Rarity and exclusivity (especially in white over red ) and you have the ultimate Testarossa (other than the 512M)! I plan to keep my 89 Testarossa in south Florida starting this winter and keep my 512 TR in the Mid-Atlantic states. For now, I am extremely fortunate to be able to enjoy both together back to back! Working on a you tube video in the near future of the two cars together. Stay tuned.

Demetri

18. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Is there any difference in low speed steering?

19. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    It feels similar to me at low speed. From memory.

EZORED likes this.
  20. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
  21. Jonny English

Jonny English Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
  22. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    the car is too wide for this gate ;)

c4b4the04 likes this.
  23. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Makes me want to remove the black US bumper box on my car. It's only four bolts and a paint job.