Seat Belt Sleeve/Cover Solution | FerrariChat

Seat Belt Sleeve/Cover Solution

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by dmarti02, Sep 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmarti02

dmarti02 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Haverford, Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I noticed that both my seat belt plastic sleeves were damaged with the passenger side completely cracked and collapsed. This is for a 1986 3.2, but likely affects many models. The part doesn't seem available individually, however the manufacture and model of the seatbelt system is Klippan Model 4583.

A good source for this turns out to be the Alfa Spider of that vintage. I ordered one from a 1987 and another from a 1992 Spider. They are about 1/2 inch longer but idential in every other way. You can swap the belt and make a quick mofication on the bottom which is hidden by the console.

Very pleased indeed and priced dramatically cheaper than those listed under the Mondial. Hope this helps someone in the future!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

swong46 and Cadillacbart like this.
  2. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    Beautiful article. When I get mine back from engine rebuild....I will be doing this. Thank you

3. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    Who was the source for the cover

4. dmarti02

dmarti02 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Haverford, Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Purchased both from ebay. Thanks to the volume of Spiders, they seemed to be relatively plentiful and in excellent shape. I think the way they are used on the Spider made them less prone to bending and degrading the plastic.