458 - MyRicambi - 458 Carbon Door Panels | FerrariChat

458 MyRicambi - 458 Carbon Door Panels

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Drewcati, Sep 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drewcati

Drewcati Rookie

Jul 9, 2014
    Texas
    Shout out to Denis and Ian at MyRicambi for a great product and prompt customer service. I had some apprehension about ordering these carbon door panels because they were half the price of some other retailers.

My installer had no issues, fitment is excellent, and weave matches OEM. My only complaint was the high cost of shipping. However, the panels were packaged very well and I felt confident that, like others have said, if there was an issue with the panels, they offered a 100% guarantee.

These are a really nice upgrade to the 458, especially if the foam behind your leather is starting to degrade causing ripples in the panel.

Hope this helps some of you!

Attached Files:

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    It never ceases to amaze me how often a member with a really low post count comes on here and raves about MyRicambi :rolleyes:

Flavio_C likes this.
  3. Drewcati

Drewcati Rookie

Jul 9, 2014
    Texas
    #3 Drewcati, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    It seems as though there's some kind of negative history with Denis? I had a great experience, emailed him and Ian to thank them, and was kindly asked to leave a positive review here. They earned and deserved it.

My rippling panels were a major aesthetic issue, specifically my driver's side. I'm thrilled that there was a cost-effective option for me that met my personal standards.

Whatever the beef is with Denis, I have nothing to do with it. I'm a satisfied customer who has been a dreamer since 2009, member of this forum since 2014, and finally, a 458 owner in 2019.

I'm a business owner who burned some bridges in my early years that thankfully I was able to mend. Maybe people change and grow? Denis treated me well and I would do business with him again.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

turbokraft, Monsieur Yoge and Dicecal like this.
  4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I give this guy full credibility just based on the car in the background of his avatar....nice....

Drewcati likes this.
  5. Drewcati

Drewcati Rookie

Jul 9, 2014
    Texas
    Paris 1994, 11 years old!

Sure would love to have a Diablo but I want my next car to have CarPlay. Sooo, Performante it is!

Attached Files:

6. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    This mod looks great to me. Adding carbon fiber to the door panel adds an extra bit of bling. When it is well made and matches the oem stuff, it can't get any better.
    Glad to hear that you had a good buying experience and I hope it will help somebody else who might want to do the same project on their car.
    I did the carbon engine compartment mod on my Spider last Summer and enjoy looking at it every time I open the engine compartment.
    I hope to add more pieces to my car this Winter when the weather turns and I need some fun time in the garage.

Great picture of you in Paris.
    Must be a great memory.

Best wishes,
    Gene Greer

Drewcati likes this.
  7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    blkdiablo33, IloveGT and Drewcati like this.
  8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    If the car has factory Carbon interior trim, then it is important to have the door panels match the Ferrari weave.

Glad to hear that it does!

An additional benefit with the door panels in Carbon is that it actually improves the audio a bit. The sound from the rear speakers are reflected off the carbon panels like a soundboard.

9. Drewcati

Drewcati Rookie

Jul 9, 2014
    Texas
    Completely agree. I'm so happy with the completed look. Never really thought of the added benefit of sound being reflected. Win win :)

Graz and RayJohns like this.
  10. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I have a very similar interior. Carbon drivers zone, dash inserts and air vents, center console and door panels

Also did carbon fiber front winglets, rear bumper trim and fog ligh surrounds

Doing the same carbon fiber trim with my upcoming F8 spider too

11. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    Mine was spec’d with OEM, so cant speak to the ricambi panels, but can to the panels generally. I love them personally, with full CF interior it’s difference maker. People compliment/comment on them specifically all the time, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Graz and bball16 like this.
  12. Drewcati

Drewcati Rookie

Jul 9, 2014
    Texas
    #12 Drewcati, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Is the rear bumper trim a snap on piece? How did you affix it? Do I need to purchase another Ferrari emblem? Are the holes for the Ferrari emblem pre-drilled so I don't need to eyeball/match the location? I've always loved that look and would consider doing it if it was relatively easy and wouldn't damage the paint underneath.

For the fog light surrounds, does the bumper have to be removed to install them? Or can they be replaced after removing the diffuser? I think I can do the job myself if I don't have to remove the bumper. I'm that guy who would break some tabs, which is why I didn't even attempt to touch my interior.

Totally agree, full CF interior + Panels is a significant improvement. The carbon wraparound side to front to side is a joy to look at. I've been going to the garage to admire as if I'm a bystander at a car event.

13. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Great photo!

11 messages in 6 years or not, welcome to the forum! :)

Ray

Drewcati and dustman like this.
  14. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano

Agree 100%. Ordered and installed the same panels on my 458. Service from Denis at MyRicambi was great and panels fit perfectly.

Napoli, dustman and Drewcati like this.
  15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #15 MalibuGuy, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    The rear bumper is only available from Ferrari, and the Carbon bit is the central zone. You need to buy a new bumper and the center trim. Since your car is red (?) the center carbon trim will transform the look. Look around for pictures on the internet and that will give you an idea about the look

Not exactly sure how to install the surrounds, but suspect one needs to remove the rear bumper.

16. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What's your beef with them?

dustman likes this.
  17. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007

I also recall reading that the trim piece is thinner and transfer heat from the engine compartment more efficiently than the standard bumper material.

18. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    It is correct that the rear trim piece is part of a different rear bumper assembly. As for 'more efficient heat transfer' that is the kind to total nonsense you find on the internet. The carbon trim is a very nice aesthetic modification and nothing more.

As for the fog light trims, replacing them does require the removal of the rear bumper. As it happens the bumper on the 458 is pretty easy to pull. Any knowledgeable tech can have it off and on in less than an hour.

19. Drewcati

Drewcati Rookie

Jul 9, 2014
    Texas
    Great info from you both, I really appreciate it. I think I'll probably be replacing the fog light surrounds but, as beautiful as it looks, I don't think I'm up for a full bumper replacement and paint. Was hoping the part below might be some kind of snap-on/over piece. Thank you fellas!

20. Eds458

Eds458 Karting

Jan 24, 2020
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Edward Lagunte
    If you’re wanting to put the factory trim piece on then you would have to replace the whole bumper. The 1 from Myricambi goes over your existing rear bumper and is held on by silicone or some type of adhesive.

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MalibuGuy likes this.
  21. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Thanks !
    This is not the factory bumper which I have.
    Obviously a thin piece which lays over is actually a little heavier and add more thermal insulation

22. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Here is a YouTube which shows some of the Carbon exterior trim options on both the 458 and 488
    On the 458, the car has the front winglets and the rear bumper center trim done in Carbon by the factory. And the 488 has a front internal opening and rear taillight surround done in factory carbon.

(Oh don’t worry about having your window crack. The fast approaching car caused the drivers side window to break.)

Drewcati likes this.
  23. Drewcati

Drewcati Rookie

Jul 9, 2014
    Texas
    That's what I needed to know, thank you Ed!

Eds458 likes this.
  24. Dcraig77

Dcraig77 Rookie

Aug 20, 2017
    Atlanta
    how difficult are the CF door panels to install yourself? Drivers side door looks simple, but the passenger door with the pull handle looks more challenging. how does the pull handle attach? I have the CF rocker panels from MyRicambi and having them installed this week. Considering ordering the door panels now.

25. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Are the pins attached to the back of the panel metal like OE or plastic?