FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2020.....RACEDAY ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 7 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2020.....RACEDAY ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Sep 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes we now see some FA type capability in Charles potentially. Ferrari need to slow-pay Vettel. What is he doing to 'earn' it. He is not at all helping the team it seems. Is Racing Clone wondering if they can back out of his new deal lol

ingegnere likes this.
  2. DF1

Ricci - showing LH how to digest bad news into performance. SHUT UP LH!!

Renault
    Penalty "lit fire under my bum" for rest of Russian GP - Ricciardo
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Renault driver Daniel Ricciardo has claimed his five-second penalty in the Russian Grand Prix "lit a fire under my bum" that sparked his superb fifth-place finish.

The Australian was penalised for leaving the track at turn two at Sochi Autodrom and not taking the designated escape route, as had been instructed in the event notes provided by FIA race director Michael Masi.

On lap 25, Ricciardo was allowed past by team-mate Esteban Ocon for eighth place, but missed the braking zone, locked up and ran fractionally wide.

Reflecting on the incident, Ricciardo explained how he took the penalty in his stride and fired him up to deliver his latest solid result.

"It was actually quite good in hindsight, it lit a bit of a fire under my bum and I just got on with it," confirmed Ricciardo.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/57377/penalty-lit-fire-under-my-bum-for-rest-of-russian-gp-ricciardo/

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

The penalty points have been removed from Lewis Hamilton's super license and Mercedes have been fined €25,000 for instructing Lewis on where to perform his practice starts.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ricksb likes this.
  4. DF1

I think that is fair for the points issue but at the time now LH should know the rules as a professional. Both at fault.

5. DF1

For this alone Ricci should be driver of the day:

RENAULT: "You have a five-second penalty for the Turn 2 incident"

RICCIARDO: "OK. I'll drive faster"

RENAULT: "Cheers buddy"

6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    No doubting as, ultimately, I believe tRP have a cunning plan to show Vettel upstaged by Stroll so they can claim that the latter is “faster than a 4X WDC driver!”

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The rules keep changing all the time, and what was tolerated yesterday is forbidden today.
    In the whole, F1 didn't gain much with the introduction of stewards at GPs.
    They justify their position by some nit-picking that have nothing to do with racing, or safety.
    There is no consistancy in the ruling, mostly with the issue of track limits, IMO.

8. DF1

Possibly. But rules are in print. Track limits are in white and or red. More the teams being clever or nicely ignorant to suit their goals lol :)

classic308 likes this.
  9. DF1

I think they feel a 'top' driver can help. Marketing, team function etc. Problem is they hired Vettel lol :) :)

ingegnere likes this.
  10. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Ha-ha, true.

Who knows, maybe he’ll actually come good again. As long as he stays behind the reds, I’ll be ok with it—but I except he’ll try harder against them than with the others.

11. DF1

Vettel is consistent in error and type. Why would he be so much more different in a new team. I say enough of the 'team' he is unhappy in the 'team' etc etc. He had 2 years of good cars, leading a title status and did what??????? Tossed it with errors many which are the same type. We should expect a new and different driver who has all new habits by magic lol ???????????????????????????

He is general a win from the front in a perfect car, not a wheel to wheel Max style winner at all. In that capacity his wheel to wheel capability is the weakest of any WDC in the past. Rosberg was far better than Vettel ever was.

12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    How stupid is this? Because he played the conspiracy card as usual he now gets the penalty removed? Rules are rules regardless what the team told you on the radio. If I kill somebody and prove someone told me it was ok to do so, I don’t get out of jail. Ridiculous

13. DF1

It is interesting. Mercedes and LH should simply move on and shut up. They have nothing to say given the title status of each category. It is coming across as ridiculous complaining and petty.

stavura, WPOZZZ, Jeronimo GTO and 4 others like this.
  14. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Probably same Stroll had with Perez to bring down Force India ;)

15. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    There is another way to deal with this. Design the tracks so that leaving the course results in a significant loss of time. Some of the newer Tilke tracks, like Austin, are just painted on the asphalt. Run off the track and the driver is subjected to a not so scary color change. Monaco and Baku are self-penalizing, miss a turn, or cut it too close and the track metes out the penalty on the spot. Other tracks could start by making the sausage curbs higher. If leaving the track will damage the car drivers will not be tempted to do it.

william likes this.
  16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    An apt avatar you have, for posts like that .

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    We don't need stewards to enforce track limits; higher sausage kerbs would do the job and are the easiest solutions, IMO.
    They would bring the same results on wide tracks than hitting the wall in street circuits.

Kiwi Nick and crinoid like this.
  18. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The 10 second penalty remains, the 2 points on his license are removed.

19. DF1

The tracks are painted with limits. Drivers have eyes for that to see. Its not difficult. The limits exist already. Kerbs are not needed. Acceptance is.

20. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Totally agree, this is how to be a cool racing driver. LH this is how to be a spoiled brat. Rules are rules Mr H, you applied them to others many times. Mind you buying the penalty points back with a fine is stupid

Leclerc - should of been driver of the day - fantastic performance in a donkey.

Sainz -- oops

stavura, Jeronimo GTO and Picchu88 like this.
  21. DF1

Yes superb points about Charles. Co drivers of the Day:

Coolest driver who 'gets it' Ricci
    Sound performance in a Donkey - Charles! :)

Jeronimo GTO, 375+ and TonyL like this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Please, try to be realistic! You can paint anything on the track, it's just useless.
    If you give the physical possibility for a driver to use a piece of tarmac allowing him to take a corner at higher speed, he will use it.
    I would bet anything on that! If there is no immediate damage to their car, they will all do it.

23. DF1

Sensors/time delete and flags. Eventual disqualification. Good drivers brief, enforced in practice. So Im not realistic. Please there is no need to build all the curbing at all. The area's needing monitoring are limited.

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Any off-track would mean an immediate drive through, and all off-tracks should be treated the same way without discussion, don't you think?
    And I mean ANY, forced or not. When you are blocked by another driver in a move, you should lift, not go off track, don't you agree?

25. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Yes, thats why i would loved to have seen DR at Ferrari for next year, he would in my opinion be a great team player with CL and bring some enjoyment back to the team with that continuous smile. Thats worth 10 points on its own!!
    Tony