Cavallino Classic - 2021 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cavallino Classic - 2021

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Rossocorsa1, May 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    All good points. I do feel that they should have some sort of event for the sake of continuity, otherwise I think they run the risk of the concours suffering from lack of relevance in the future. I’m still debating whether I’ll be shipping one of my cars to show.

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    There is more updated detail on their site:

https://www.cavallinoclassic.com

- Promoting a much smaller event
    - It seems the general public will not be able to attend. It's invited guests and exhibitors only, unless I read it wrong
    - Modified schedule of events. Certain things, like the hanger party, have been eliminated. Others things, like the symposium, have been moved for a shorter agenda

Looks like it will still be a nice enthusiasts gathering, for certain.

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was intending to go, but now it is not likely. The reason is I have attended two abridged events and have also talked to some people who have been at other abridged events. In all instances the feeling is the restrictions just take the fun out of the event.

4. enzoformenh

enzoformenh Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
    We already have our room reserved and I'm very disappointed to see they are going in this direction. The whole point of this show is that it is a collections the best Ferraris from around the world, not just from the US. I never bring a car and just go as a guest so I can spend time just enjoying the rare and amazing cars that are displayed. Not sure I will be attending if they continue with the restricted event nonsense.

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The "restricted event nonsense" (as you call it) has ONLY to do with the current Covid pandemic.
    As organiser of such an event you must follow these restrictions.
    My personal suggestion was to skip for 2021 and have the 30th Anniversary in January 2022 only, but naturally Cavallino does not want to interrupt/stop for a year. Understandable as there is a lot of money involved.
    Keep in mind, the world IS changing right now.

Marcel Massini

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    ... and likely will never go back to what it had been before this pandemic.
    I had entertained (before the pandemic) a possibility of bringing couple of cars to Cavallino 2021, but gave up on that idea months ago.
    It’ll be interesting to see what, if anything, comes up for next years Monterey Car Week (and a half).

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Sounds like Cavallino is becoming a trade show. Nothing wrong with that.

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  9. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    “... becoming...” ??? :confused:

While I admittedly have never attended Cavallino, pretty much all major league, for profit, open-to-public classic/vintage/old car events of similar or larger scale I’ve been to in past 25+ years have been “trade shows” to one extent or another.
    They couldn’t exist/survive without that aspect.

Unfortunately many have become too commercialized, focused on expansions requiring ever growing presence of more sponsors and/or increased (excessive ?) attendee/spectator fees, while shooting themselves in the foot by pricing everything high enough for many enthusiasts questioning the value of attending/spectating.
    OTOH, that’s capitalism and there’s nothing wrong with that either, but...

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Call it whatever you want, but the Cavallino Classic is one of the top 5 concours in the world and the single most incredible annual gathering of the finest Ferrari’s in the world. I would hardly define it as a trade show. Of course they have sponsors, as they should. But, it’s hardly intrusive. What’s wrong with sponsorship?

11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Nothing. But it has always been a showcase for those in the restoration biz. It’s a small group.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    I also have a room reserved and was planning on attending this year. Never have attended. Was looking forward to it. Public tickets not available? Should I just cancel my hotel room...

13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    It seems there will be general admission ticket sales but only by pre registration. The following is from an earlier informational email from the organizers:

“Registration will be open November 1.
    To ensure adequate space for you, all tickets must be secured in advance.
    There will be no public ticket sales at the Concorso on Saturday.”

Also, from their website:

“Entry by Invitation or Pre-Registration only.”

14. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Rather than ask here, I would recommend contacting organizers directly.

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I emailed them. Will let you guys know what is their answer.

16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I confirmed this morning with the event organizers that there will be general admission ticket sales. Currently, those tickets will need to be pre-purchased and issued digitally with a QR code or printed for admission. The option of selling tickets on site may happen, but that decision will be made at a later date.

17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes. I got the same answer. So that is good news.

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  18. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hi all,

Have attended Cavallino the last three years (we are local) and happy to say I’m a new owner in waiting. Probably won’t be an actual owner in time for Cavallino 2021, but we will be there again.

So I’m wondering... is there an F-Chat meetup at any point during the event?

Rick

19. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Registration for the event (both participation and general tickets) opened today.

https://cavallino2021.ticketspice.com/cavallino30tickets

I’m still deciding if I will attend and take one of my cars down, though I likely will. It’s one of my favorite weeks throughout the year.

Tech Nerd likes this.
  20. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Covid certainly puts a damper on it, and puts the organizers in a tougher spot. But it should still be a great event and I'd encourage attendance if you have the means.

HotShoe likes this.
  21. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I'll be there as always.

I know the Barnes personally and I have absolute faith in them to do everything within their power to make sure this is a safe, successful event. Putting on any type of concours in this day and age is a monumental challenge. IMO it is more important than ever that we support all the events we can as enthusiasts to ensure that they exist in the future.

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  22. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Signed up and good to go. Have hotel, air, car transportation, and tickets all booked.

23. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    John Barnes said today Cavallino is postponed until April 22-25th, 2021. A communication will go out tomorrow am.

Marcel Massini

24. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #49 Rossocorsa1, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    Thanks for the update. Understandable, although I think it would be best to cancel for this year and enjoy a great 30th celebration in 2022. Unfortunately for Cavallino, it’s scheduled early in the year. Hopefully some semblance of normalcy will take shape by early summer.

25. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It's certainly a wise decision.
    Maybe by mid-April 2021 European tourists will no longer be banned from U.S.A. and the ban will be lifted so that we can travel to FL as in the past. We shall see.

Marcel Massini