Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 32 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Aren't you all rogues?

Igor Ound and Bas like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The way Mika handled it post race so Schumacher understood what he meant, calmly...My opinion differs from you that's all.

+1 I don't agree with Adrian that often but to be banned for that ???

PS before any mods are hamming their ban button on me again, it's NOT PR, I'm questioning the moderators decision.

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

We are rapscallions, not rogues. :D

D

375+ likes this.
  5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'm shocked that you would call into question any moderator action, after all, generally, you think we do a marvelous job, right? :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, given the number of warnings that have been posted in this thread, and the number of bans that have been handed out, I should think the members here would have gotten the message and knocked off posts that are P and/or R related, but nope, not the case. So, given that, I think the ban was generously short. What's that old saying? "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

D

6. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Where did all these mods com from? LOL!

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Well, since there are no fans at the F1 races this year, there are a lot of mods to go around.

paulchua, kraftwerk and NeuroBeaker like this.
  8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That was excellent. Thanks very much. :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

paulchua, kraftwerk and DF1 like this.
  9. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL :D One can only imagine the thought's that springs to mind if Lewis happened to stumble across this thread!...."and they think I'am an idiot!!" :D

10. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I think the problem is that what is and isn't 'Politics' related is a matter of opinion.

It seems to me that that covers pretty much all of F1 (from F1, the FIA and how the teams and drivers operate) so it's really a question of who and how one draws the line. Obviously it's your forum not mine, so it's up to you; but there is a fine line between destroying the 'banter' and eliminating the 'unpleasantness', and maybe there is a bit of room for some give and take without just banning everyone.

Bas, TonyL and william like this.
  11. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    In my opinion I think this is very true but then i do understand posts can go well astray and we all lose the plot. I wouldnt want to be a mod either as its a difficult job to weigh up the situation objectively.

As you say a little give and take is needed. The mods are certainly trying to guide people but banning for a small period only wrangle peoples attitude further.

If that was me I would just delete the "offending" post/s which rather cuts of the oxygen supply for others to comment on. Having said that its a huge forum to police!!

Tony

Patrick Dixon and william like this.
  12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't know is the mods on Fchat have that tool at their disposition, but removing the wording of the offending post, and putting a standard message instead would/could be more efficient.
    Something simple like: "The message of this post has been deleted as it contravenes the rules of the forum"
    But keeping the indentity of the "culprit" for all to see.
    Some forums use that method.

paulchua, Jedi and TonyL like this.
  13. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I would say more constructive!
    Tony

william likes this.
  14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

We don't, generally, edit posts. We do delete them from public view (called a soft delete) if they violate forum rules This thread has plenty of examples. Editing in a post is generally limited to removing profanity that somehow slips past the filters, or sometimes adjusting asking prices in classified if the seller asks us to. Once we edit a post, we could be seen as taking responsibility for the content, and that's something we'd rather not do.

D

paulchua likes this.
  16. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Indeed. Maybe he should wear a shirt with Bottas face and the quote "These black shirts are ****ing hot"

17. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    The thing is, we can't see any of those so we can't judge where the line is.

18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Well, that's a fair point, except you get copied on new posts if you're subscribed to the thread, and should see them before they get deleted.

and, seems to me, it's just not that difficult to see. Steer clear or political remarks, and you'll be fine.

D

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You expect people to be on here 24 hours a day, or subscribe to all threads they post on?

Patrick Dixon likes this.
  20. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Yeah, it's pretty easy when you are the one drawing the line ...

To the rest of us in these screwed up times where sport and politics and global pandemics are all mixed up, maybe it's just not so black and white.

paulchua likes this.
  21. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sure it is, unless you're making a serious effort to be intentionally obtuse, it's just not that complicated. When in doubt, go find the thread in P&R and post it there. If you don't want to pay a $1.25 a month for access, well, then that's on you.

No. But it wouldn't hurt. :D

D

22. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I think it's you that's being intentionally obtuse, but we will just have to agree to disagree.

23. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Description on what is not allowed has been posted multiple times. See my posts from a few pages back and see the F1 forum rules enforcement thread.

paulchua and NeuroBeaker like this.