Vettel to Aston Martin F1 2021 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Vettel to Aston Martin F1 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sebaston Morespin

william and DF1 like this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Sebastian SpinAston

william likes this.
  3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Like his last year at Red bull you can bet he won’t score many points now he has signed for a competitor.
    Bet by the end of the year he’ll have half the points of Leclerc, tops

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I love the sound of that but I'm not that optimistic. I think they will be matched even in points.

5. DF1

Seb is 'old news'. Leaving another team after defeat by the new driver. Lack of race craft exposed and a very narrow window of operating a car that does not perfectly suit him. He and Kimi were or are clones. Neither overall are impressive when compared to FA or Max with talent that exceeds the capability of the car. Vettel being severely 'over-rated'. Im glad Aston Clone will hold his hand and tell him the world is still ok lol.

william likes this.
  6. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    You know, Seb has spun a lot in a loose car. The thought just occurred to me that maybe the reason he went off all on his own at Hockenheim in the wet was because the car was loose even way back then? But he was leading at that point and maybe the loss of grip should have been accounted for by the driver, especially in the wet. Let's see what the MB tech in power and grip can do for Seb at AM. That car had better damn well be Racing Green or the marketing geniuses at F1, FiAand AM can go find something else to do. Seriously.

7. DF1

AstonClone can do what they want but this year and next RedBull, Mercedes and Ferrari increased spending to prepare for the 22 car. The mid pack will not be competitive in my view. Vettel will need patience and lacks this quality

8. Ferrariformula1

Ferrariformula1 Karting

Jul 10, 2015
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Being at Ferrari isn’t for everyone. Michael Schumacher has one strong and hell of a personality. He never let anyone pushed him around. One who didn’t take crap nor afraid to fight whoever. Unfortunately Vettel doesn’t have that kind of personality. That’s the only way to deal with Italians. Selfish and self centered and don’t give a damn is only way.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. DF1

This is an interesting set of statements from Vettel. If only he would speak the truth about his intentions. This move is about car, specifically its power in the Mercedes PU. It is the closest he can get to a real Mercedes........for now. Or ever actually. This was the only good seat available to him and it is a mid-field team.

As far as this year goes, the strength of the Mclaren is the most surprising to me. Given the Clone, Mclaren with Renault is quite the competitor with Clone-Cheat. Next year they have Mercedes power. I think Vettel has a bit of a problem on his hands with this move. I have more faith in the Mclaren and its technical competence.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/56975/aston-martin-has-enough-guts-to-prove-people-wrong-vettel/

william likes this.
  10. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    +1 !!!

John_K_348 likes this.
  11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    With the Merc engine the McLaren come back should be complete next year, and I expect them to be near the front. They should be a problem for Aston Martin.

John_K_348, DF1 and tifosi12 like this.
  12. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Amen. We need to write to this effect to Chairman Stroll, in BRG ink.

John_K_348 likes this.
  13. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Patience for what? 0.6 seconds, out of the box from a proper power unit and MB chassis clone? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to see Seb deal with his so called shortcomings with a proper car. And yes Ferrrai might be spending more for next years car, because they spent less on next years salaries. Binotto says he feels he made the right choice not to renew Seb. That's a backhanded way of saying we couldn't afford him, AM could, and he's lucky they hired him. It's sad anyway despite all of the "I drove for SF and never had a championship" stories we here from the SF also rans. The only one's I respect are Alboreto, Mansell and Berger. Prost can go soak his head. Even Forghieri knew that Senna did not make a mistake at Tamborello. The car broke, he went off, Williams is history. My two cents. ;)

14. DF1

#114 DF1, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Vettel poor return on investment. Not much left to say. He stays this year makes full salary and is released. Not afforbability. Simply not worth his cost.......at all. Seb had proper car. A Ferrari and failed in 2 years to bring title in reach

ingegnere likes this.
  15. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    He had a proper car? Or he had a Ferrari?

Vettels failure to challenge for titles is more a failure of the team than a failure of the drivers.

05011994 likes this.
  16. DF1

The press has shown it was more on Vettel's failure. He was consistent in those mistakes. He had led the title chase for more than half a season at some points.

17. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Yeah I suppose. But it will be pretty funny to watch Leclerc and Sainz tool around behind the terrible Seb in a busted, cheating @$$, pansy car. Seb still dominated in Singapore last year when Leclerc was supposed to be more awesomer. ;) They both goofed this year on their own early on. Seb still has 4 WDCs but who's counting for a guy who sucks?

18. DF1

He was slower over Kimi than FA was at Ferrari. He was less than dominating and I think realized his limitations with Ferrari. He was badly exposed for his lack of race craft and sound decision making, attemtpting to win a race on lap one lol - Monza???? Spinning, hitting other cars and bad management of his anger. He was only offered a drive with 1 team lol. His reputation is less than it was certainly. He is being destroyed by Charles this year - podiums while Seb FLOUNDERS in equal machinery. The true test is equal machinery. He is exposed and badly.

ingegnere likes this.
  19. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Ture enough, but is the machinery really equal? Setup? Kim only has 1 WDC, and didn't Massa get gypped in the process? (Not Kimi's fault) And sadly, Seb's preferred style was sorely limited by the lack of grip. If he wanted to win championships with SF he should have been more patient and crafty, iced mentally, when he had the package, even though he couldn't get out front in the first 4 laps. I have to agree in that regard.

20. DF1

For me Seb has a limited ability to drive a given set up/car. Kimi and Seb are to appear quite similar in this. Max, FA are the top. LH a bit better maybe but with issues Seb is on the radio and lacking speed. Seems EASILY frustrated over time, again and again. For me he is simply not that good. New team-mate = defeat and leave team each time. His reputation 'precedes' him but it does not flatter him when we look at what he has been doing at Ferrari and his last year at Red Bull. How many years since last title?? Those are of a different era and many different drivers. To me this sport has now passed him.

What has he learned that can be applied to the future is the question. He refused in 17-18 and 19 I think to see a driver coach or real counselor of some type. He appears to me too self reliant. The management at Ferrari made it clear he was there to drive not assist in running the team. Arriva was public about this. I think this shifted him mentally. His dream of Ferrari revival met reality of being an employee. Again it was noticed his lack of pace very early on when compared to FA vs Kimi. He simply was not that fast. BBC did an indepth article on that issue when he was announced released. This was not the most positive article about his experience overall at Ferrari. I shall find it for you. Was interesting to me.

ingegnere likes this.
  21. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Sebastien Vettel's decline nay be the most shocking single thing I've seen in sixty-plus years of following, watching and attending Formula 1 races. He has become at best a mid-field driver, notwithstanding Ferrari have given him and Charles a very bad car. And Racing Point/Aston Martin expect him to raise the team level and role model for Lance? And to think they canned Sergio Perez who bankrolled the team and is now beginning to look like a frequent threat to visit the podium.

For shame.

22. DF1

How many of us improved on anything substantial at age 32 or later. That is rare. I think Seb could surprise us, yes. He is just sooooooooooooo consistenly bad and error prone now. It is not luck to me. I wonder if he is just not that good overall. Those saying Newey are the title holder of Seb's titles might be right LOL :)

23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Almost all professors,
    A majority of Engineers {Electrical, Mechanical, ...}
    Most (medical) doctors,
    Most Chefs

william likes this.
  24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's when I started collecting Ph. D.s :cool:

william likes this.
  25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yup, the Vettel for Checko trade makes little sense. Seb is done for.

PS: Just for the record I love the guy and have a Seb T-shirt from his RB days. But Vettel of today is not that person anymore. Spinmeister.

william likes this.