Glickenhaus' SCGs | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Glickenhaus' SCGs

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by Igor Ound, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Initial release was $400k but that’s without options
    Base price may have changed due to overall program evolution (different motor, etc)

Igor Ound likes this.
  2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Thanks. If it’s fast makes a lot more sense than the buggy thingy

3. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    9nb likes this.
  4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    NürScud and 9nb like this.
  5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Nürburgring N24 hr race - cold and wet (red-flagged overnight for water pooled on track)

SCG 004C finished 14th overall with no mechanical issues out of 97 cars started.

Thomas Mutsch said, “The 004 only had 5 test days and one race at the Nurburgring. To show up, race the 24 Hours of Nurburgring in challenging conditions with no mechanical issues is a great accomplishment for the whole team.”

http://www.automobilsport.com/glickenhaus-nurburgring-004-004s-race-car-road-born-ring---213342.html

6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Race highlights - 004C at 5:14

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Why does he still race in a class of one car?

8. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    GT3 requires the sale of 20 cars for homologation, I think the expectation is that they will meet that next year.

BJK and Igor Ound like this.
  9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  10. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    It's like they designed the top half of the front and just extruded the surfaces down to finish the car. It looks lazy and ruins the design for me. I also think instead of the flying buttresses at the back they should have done a more circular wheel well.

Igor Ound likes this.
  11. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Tenney and 9nb like this.
  13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Very odd gearbox casting.. can you tell us more about it? Seems a bit over done, even if a stressed member.

14. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Maybe houses part of the hybrid system?

15. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  16. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Bespoke V8 by Pipo

BJK likes this.
  17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    really? i thought it was going to be a ls1 crate motor. is this one na or turbo? i never liked idea of crate motor

18. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    The GM based engines are for the 004 (the three seater supercar) variants and the Boots(the Baja 1000 truck) at least that’s the last I read about them.

This motor is the Pipo V8 twin turbo which is loosely based on the V4 engines that Pipo builds for WRC, how loosely though I’m not sure but that’s what SCG has stated on their instagram. Really exciting though and I wish them the best of luck!

BJK likes this.
  19. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    This is for the Le Mans car. LS motors won't work for the top class. At one point it was supposed to be an Alfa V6 but the AOC changed the rules to pander to Aston Martin and that idea got chucked. Then Aston decided they didn't want to race after all...

9nb likes this.
  20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I looked over a 004 and Boot at the track a few weeks ago.
    004 looks way better in the flesh than the photos indicate. For the price nothing else is remotely close performance wise or at almost any price, or as economic to run.
    Way better than say a senna Gtr. 004 is a proper track car.

But the star for me was the BOOT. Firstly its as beutifully built. All the pierces are eye candy.
    If you liked a lambo 002, and thoiught the original cheetah prototype was great. Then the boot is what those two vehicles looked like and represented distilled to essence.
    To me this is so far Jims seminal vehicle. the styling and proportions are perfect, its usebale in a way supercars are not and has a presence other vehicles lack without being bling in your face. Its like the work of the best hot rod artist on par with moal, even the way the exhaust zoomies come out, its the great elements of a 70s jet boaot. It all works, has a beauty and harmony of form, superlative function, and you can buy turnkey.

Yes the supercars are good, yes the race cars perform, they may even better than others, but thyere swimming in pond with others and one can debate the styling engine choices or relative performance.

The Boot is an american orginal, a 10/10 and a class of its own.

As for 004. If you really know how to maximize your Gt4 clubsport on track, its probably the next step, and $1-3 million or more less than what others offer, and you get way better track performance. From what I heard a lower reving supercharged motor is the way endurance racing is going for best performance.

My critique for what its worh, .02c. The design in the rear could have been a little better resolved stylisticaly, that would undoubtably have compromized aero, downforce etc, but styling art is an important factor. The motor choicer may also have its "performance" logic, but once again, exotic motors sell and add fun. For the wealthy track addict maybe the mercury racing sb4 would be a great choice. 750 hp quad cam high rev SBC.

We should be glad we have the American Enzo. Willing to build and offer cars that are exceptional for those who know and value real performance over perception and bling.

Future collectable, the Boot without a doubt, and probably one of the most fun and evocative vehicles you can buy now. California 2030 no ice mandate may gpo nationwide, get em while you can folks.

9nb likes this.
  21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    C8's are almost double the weight and fraction of the downforce, not to mention 1000's of other bits that are relevant to "rea"l performance especialy on track.
    Its like comparing a showroom stock wrx to a proper full on factory wrc rally car. There really is no comparsion.
    Course if you just drive on the street and occasionaly floor it for thrills, weave through traffic or go round a corner felling some gs thinking you're fast, then a vette is already more car than is needed and well suited for the purpose.

If you have the scratch, regular acess to a track and the skills, an 004 is pretty unbeatbable and for what it offers a total bargain.

On road, unless its straigthline thrills, (in which case a tesla will do) its pretty impossible to maximize what a cyaman Gt4 offers. Exotics appeal for presence status, and the feeling behind the wheel. In order to be useable for a larger pool of possible owners many exotics are pretty bland below furious pace, which to me kida defeats the expereince of having exotic fun at real attainable road speeds. Ill bet the 004 is a much more raw and viceral car than other road exotics and therefore more fun at road attainable speeds. Its rawness and lack of badge "cachet" probably limits the potential customer pool to those who appreciate and understand. If you think a 288 gto or F40 or Mac F1 is a peak drive regardless of numbers , 004 is of that ilk.

Before ferrari became a "luxury brand" under luca it too was car for those who understood and had the requisite skills to operate the machine.

Yes these things cost serious $$$, but thats good motivation in life if you're truly inspired.

Possibly the upcomming z06 will be a car that fits into this same class, optimized in way that while limiting its appeal for most makes it a must for those who understand. Or it could be bloated too heavy too pasturized car, that posts some great numbers for a few laps.

22. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    my fav car for serious track driving is 458c. has it all. safety, speed, emotion, etc. then take the savings over the hypercar and get a 812gts for street

23. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Dallara Stradale First Drive | Review | Car and Driver

i love what jim does and wish him all the best but it is a difficult market for a bespoke manufacturer when the big guys make such good cars too. same for a great manufacturer like ruf. now that porsche makes such incredible cars, hard to justify what they do with current models.