Testarossa Front Spoiler Sources | FerrariChat

Testarossa Front Spoiler Sources

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by SebLeung, Sep 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SebLeung

SebLeung Rookie

Sep 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    Hey everyone, first time posting on this forum. You guys seem like a really casual, non-pretentious community and I love it.

We're taking delivery of a beautiful '88 Testarossa soon, but our garage driveway is a brutal ~9° incline so obviously our first concern is the fibreglass front spoiler/lower valence repeatedly scraping. The existing spoiler is in perfect condition, with absolutely no pre-existing scrapes or scratches on the underside (and from reading posts on this forum, that sounds like a miracle). We've been looking into SlipLo stick-on scrape guards, but honestly for most peace of mind it would be great to get a replacement "beater" reproduction bumper that could be repaired, repainted as needed, and eventually long way down the line if we decide to sell we can put the pristine spoiler back on. Yes, I'm aware that fibreglass repair is cheap and easy, but my greatest concern is the finicky matching of the satin black paint paint texture to the sideskirts. Also if it's going to scrape every single time it come into the garage we really don't want to repair it every month.

A source that's friendly to shipping to Canada would be great, I just tried purchasing one off of eBay from the states but to the surprise of both us and the seller, actual shipping ended up being 4x the quoted amount, so we would've had to pay almost as much for shipping as the spoiler itself.

Also I saw a Testarossa sell on BAT a while ago that had a carbon fibre front spoiler, and I've seen some posts on this forum alluding to them, but all from the mid 2000s with dead links. Does anyone have any info on these CF spoilers and whether they can still be obtained somehow?

Thanks everyone.

2. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    Where in Canada?

3. SebLeung

SebLeung Rookie

Sep 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    Toronto

4. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    I have an original spoiler from an 86 TR. I do not know if it would fit an 88. It is a "beater" that needs restoration. Because of its dimensions and shape, I am guessing that shipping it anywhere will be a challenge. I have no idea what it would cost shipping it to Canada from California. I have never done that.