Indiana, Illinois, Ohio Owners...Help me decide! | FerrariChat

Indiana, Illinois, Ohio Owners...Help me decide!

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by gonzo350, Aug 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gonzo350

gonzo350 Karting

Apr 3, 2004
    Lafayette Indiana
    Full Name:
    Myles
    So I used to have a Euro 308QV until it was taken from me years ago in a broadside accident. Nobody was hurt, but the car was totaled. I ended up putting the insurance money into a small airplane, but now that I fly for work, the plane just isn't being utilized the way it should be. Im starting to think about getting back into a Ferrari. Im getting a little bit older now (48) and im trying to decide between a mid engine car or a GT car. Im hoping some folks in my area (47905....I'll come to you) would be willing to meet for lunch and give me a tour of their car. I just want to hear your ownership stories and see how each car feels. Im considering the following:

360/430
    California
    550/575

I'll buy lunch if anyone would like to share their car and a little bit of their time with a hopeful returning owner!

Thank you in advance!

Myles

absostone likes this.
  2. gonzo350

gonzo350 Karting

Apr 3, 2004
    Lafayette Indiana
    Full Name:
    Myles
    100 + views and nobody wants to talk about their car over lunch ??

3. Anything manual would be my first choice. You have the right idea, 10 minutes or less of seat time & you'll know what to get. I tend to go vintage & in this case the 360/430 or 550/575. The best deal is going to be the California. It might be the toughest to sell and depreciate the most at this point of the bunch.

4. gonzo350

gonzo350 Karting

Apr 3, 2004
    Lafayette Indiana
    Full Name:
    Myles
    The 550 and 430 I think are becoming my top choices, but the California seems to be a lot of car for the money. Still hoping someone in the midwest would like to meet for lunch.

5. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    I used to have a 550, sold for a F430. The two are almost opposite but both rewarding. If you want a quiet comfortable GT car, go 550. Loud and raw "race car" feel go F430. Can't go wrong with either!

6. gonzo350

gonzo350 Karting

Apr 3, 2004
    Lafayette Indiana
    Full Name:
    Myles
    Thats what im trying to figure out right now, and kind of the purpose of this thread. To meet people and talk about their experiences with their cars and see how each feels.

7. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Myles,

I'm in Fort Wayne...599 owner. Happy to make a road trip to show you the car. PM me!

Jim

8. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
  9. gonzo350

gonzo350 Karting

Apr 3, 2004
    Lafayette Indiana
    Full Name:
    Myles
    Daryl Zernick likes this.
  10. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
  11. gonzo350

gonzo350 Karting

Apr 3, 2004
    Lafayette Indiana
    Full Name:
    Myles
    This is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see it in person!

jimshadow likes this.
  12. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    Just got my 360 but I have been loving them ever since I drove one on the PlayStation 2 video game. I love how balanced it is, it's quick enough that you will see 140 real quick if you are not paying attention, but with 400hp you can really use the whole engine going on and off freeway ramps. The sound is insane and that is before I install the S-Line Exhaust I just bought :) . I drove the California, Mclaren 570's, 650's, 488, C7 ZR1, etc.....but the 360 has always been the car and I will not be selling unless I go completely broke....like eating Ramon Noodles for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and putting Rice on layaway broke :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

gonzo350 and Daryl Zernick like this.
  13. gonzo350

gonzo350 Karting

Apr 3, 2004
    Lafayette Indiana
    Full Name:
    Myles

Congrats! Beautiful example! Is it the f1? If so, what has your experience been between driving it and the California?

14. gonzo350

gonzo350 Karting

Apr 3, 2004
    Lafayette Indiana
    Full Name:
    Myles

Daryl,

Sometime next season id love to try and get together and check your car out!

15. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    The California is a solid car, it drives way more special than it looks, I actually preferred the California to the 488 because of the way the California sounded at low rpm. The 360 drives like an old school exotic car, lots of noise form the engine, you feel and hear each gear shift, it feels like a big go-cart on the road. The 360 has heavier steering at speed than the California and 488 "electric steering racks feel so light", but I prefer the heavier steering. There is no wrong answer when Ferrari shopping, however I wouldn't trade my 360 for any other exotic, it's the one I always wanted and I am content with my purchase. My car is an F1, you basically drive it like a stick shift, I love it!

gonzo350 likes this.