Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 155 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    More power to him.

2. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just wait and see for next year once we have Vettel/Stroll pairing. This thread will go through the roof.

william, LVP488, jgonzalesm6 and 2 others like this.
  3. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Based on this year’s performance I feel he has earned his seat but a lot has to do with the car. Perez may be more deserving objectively but F1 isn’t a meritocracy.

william, tifosi12 and Nuvolari like this.
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

375+ likes this.
  6. DF1

Add this to the mix -

Carlos Sainz Jr says he has been left "a little angry" at the way Sergio Perez has had to make way at Racing Point for the incoming Sebastian Vettel.

Although Perez had a long-term deal at Racing Point, the team activated an exit clause in the deal to allow it to cut the contract short and replace him with Vettel.

The move has caused some controversy, especially because Perez was instrumental in helping the team survive when it went into administration as Force India in 2018, plus he has shown strong performances throughout his time there.

Sainz says the fact that Perez has been dropped, with his team-mate Lance Stroll's position never under consideration, proves that being fast is not everything in F1.

"What Checo shows is that in F1 not everything is your performance," said Sainz. "Judging on purely performance, there is no reason why he should leave Racing Point or they don't want him.

"But in F1, there are other interests, things that come with performance that are very important. For me, Checo's exit is a shame, because the team that he has trusted in for so many years, that he practically saved from bankruptcy and that they finally get producing a good car for him, is now the team that does not want to continue with him. It is a real shame."

PLUS: Why Sainz feels no fear joining Ferrari

Sainz said he hoped that, despite the late call that has limited Perez's chances of finding another seat, the Mexican is able to continue in F1.

"It makes me a little angry because I have a good relationship with him and I respect him a lot as a driver," added Sainz.

"It reminds you that this sport is like that, that it gives you very little return. But it is the one that we have chosen to compete and be professionals in, and you have to accept it.

"I hope he gets a seat that motivates him, that he likes, and that in 2022 it would be a good seat.

"Surely I have also had moments of uncertainty that are very political and have nothing to do with performance on the track. It is the area of the sport that is less sporty and that is beyond the control of the athlete. Nobody likes to be in that situation."

Renault's Daniel Ricciardo, who is replacing Sainz at McLaren next year, said he felt it was not too late for Perez to find a race seat for 2021.

"He's certainly worthy of a seat to say the least," he said. "As a competitor, I rate him, and as a person I get on with him.

"It's obviously fairly late, but it's not crazy late. I think he's still got time. What are we September? Yeah, he's still got time.

"Obviously, there's fewer seats available. But yeah, I hope for him that he finds a seat. He's still young."

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Racing Point is short on new replacement parts after the write-off from Sunday. It looks like only Lance will get the new parts at Sochi.

8. DF1

SO where is the great new funding that 'Lance's" team needs lol

9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Isn't it miraculous how all of the pieces seem to fall into place for Team Stroll?

jpalmito likes this.
  10. DF1

One can assume 'money' talks lol. Toto I would think 'opens' a few doors lol

375+ likes this.
  11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Thick as thieves they are--smells to high heaven.

12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Let’s hope Team TP doesn’t get Toto too...

375+ likes this.
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    That will surprise no one, it will coincide with Mercedes departure from F1. Stroll will plunder the team assets.

tifosi12 and crinoid like this.
  14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’d rather have a surprise and have Toto, though I hate to say it, go to the Scuderia.

15. DF1

The Scuderia needs the system he has in place at Mercedes. With him or not. Its a winning system.

ferrariformulauno and crinoid like this.
  16. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Racing Point: Mercedes engine knocked out after Stroll crash

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The analyzes carried out in Brixworth by the Mercedes technicians showed that Lance Stroll's power unit did not survive the Canadian driver's terrible bang in the Tuscan GP unscathed. In addition to having demolished half of the RP20 with the new aerodynamic configuration, the engine was also damaged in the crash before the Arrabbiata 2, so the Canadian will face the Russian GP with the third unit of the season.
    The most violent accident that took place in the three days of the Tuscan Grand Prix was undoubtedly the one involving Lance Stroll. The Canadian went off the track during the 42nd lap between the two corners of the Arrabbiata, ending up against the external barriers at 280 km / h.

Stroll came out unscathed from the cockpit, but while the marshals were removing the car, a fire started (not without difficulty) which involved the entire rear end of the car.

Although it is often surprising how teams and engineers manage to recover power units even after very violent accidents, this time the analysis carried out by the Mercedes engineers has given negative results on the possibility of saving the PU.

In addition to having to assemble a new car due to the damage suffered in the crash, Racing Point will also be forced to use a new power unit in Sochi.

For Lancel it will be PU number 3, so it will not incur penalties, but it will not be easy for the Canadian to complete all the remaining eight stages on the calendar with a single engine. On the other hand, the analysis aimed at identifying the cause of the single-seater's departure from the track is still underway, which is taking place on several fronts involving both Pirelli and Racing Point itself.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-racing-point-motore-mercedes-ko-dopo-il-crash-di-stroll/4879699/&prev=search&pto=aue

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The ultimate nightmare fiction :
    Lance Stroll WDC with a racing point.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nightmare? I'd love to see that. Seems unlikely though.

william likes this.
  19. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That would surely shut up a few haters on this forum !!!

tifosi12 likes this.
  20. DF1

They lack the strategy calls. They lack the ability to build a winning car. They cloned their latest. This is not a team exhibiting strength to win at all. If anything its just shortcuts taken by a Billionaire to success. Impatient and lacking vision. They do have a new marketing guru LOL. Who knows, maybe winning is marketing. If they were at all serious about winning, they would have different drivers to start with.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If Toto really switches from MB to Sebaston Morespin you might have to revise your own post. :p

As for the team's progress: Think about where they came from: Farce India and now they are in the fight for 3rd WCC. That's leadership by Stroll Sr. and Szafnauer (sp?).

Senna1994 and william like this.
  22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    i thought exactly the same with Red Bull in 2005..

tifosi12 likes this.
  23. DF1

They had Newey. Mclaren are as fast with Renault power. They Mclaren hired Key. Aston hired a marketing person.

24. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Don't underestimate lawrence stroll.

tifosi12 likes this.
  25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You think they're done hiring?

I made the gross mistake to underestimate the might of MB saying they'll never win. Still got some crow from that in my freezer. If Stroll has the $ to buy an entire F1 team, I'm sure he has the $ and the brains to hire whomever he needs to progress. And since they're doing much better in the WCC this year and have a 4 times WDC on board next year, I'm sure sponsors will line up. Being part of Aston Martin is a lot more interesting than being part of the generic Racing Point.

In other words: Stroll's team now has all the momentum going for them that Ferrari lacks.

Senna1994 and william like this.