F8 - Order Status | Page 44 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marc Goldstein

Marc Goldstein Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Briarcars
    Got car color corrected, then PPF entire car now being ceramic coated and having windshield wrapped. I live in NY, me and my car buds (14 of us)are driving down to Tenn. to the Tail Of The Dragon and the famous mountain roads down there. Leaving on the 23rd. I have about 350 miles on her so far. This will be a great break in.

2. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
  3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Exciting!!

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California

A full year wait.. I don't feel nearly as bad now.... And I thought I got screwed by the viral outbreak. Apparently, according to my dealership, I have been assigned a VIN but I have no access to the information other than through my dealership. I ave read that the application lets you see the status but I have no information on mine. I feel that the estimated date of completion is way too short and optimistic, only approximately 6 weeks and then whatever takes place between shipping and getting to the "great" Republic of California.

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Didn't know that was a thing, especially in Scottsdale? Food products??? it is seriously stupid what people do because of envy. I guess it is good to have "just a Porsche"(Since nobody seems to tell the difference between a GT2 and a Carrera... it is a good thing. Seems to be more with the Italian brands, I assume...

6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    So I am just finding out that the first picture is not when you get the VIN. And the car takes about a week to a week and a half from the first picture to be completed? What is your timeline?

7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Only the dealer can give you status updates, it’s not on the app. I believe the VIN is assigned somewhat early in the process, around when the car goes status 20 (Chassis assembly) maybe sooner...

8. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Timing of pics has never been consistent. My spider order was Oct 2019. Got my VIN around 7/20. Car expected to be delivered end of October.

9. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm really not sure what is going on, got my vin at the very end of July but my dealer says he is looking on modis but no change just red 10, my ferrari still says waiting list, I have been told delivery 23rd of October. The lack of information is so frustrating it makes me think best to just buy cars already built on the secondary market and be done with this terrible service and lack of information

10. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  11. Brent Gust

Brent Gust Rookie

Dec 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    Brent Gust
    GT2goneF likes this.
  12. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes you got it, dealer suggested it when I told him I didn’t want to do Rosso stitching on Cuoio. I think it turned out well.

13. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Back when I was ordering my red 488 spider, the dealer suggested dk. Grey or black stitching on my tan seats. His opinion was the red stitching looked pink on tan seats. He was correct as far as I was concerned. I got dark and was happy with the results. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Brent Gust and Dicecal like this.
  14. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations!

Dicecal likes this.
  15. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It is very frustrating, but if your picky on options and colors like me.. really no other option!

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Dicecal likes this.
  17. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks. I’m guessing about a week or so, doing the entire car in PPF, ceramic coating, windshield etc... Matte Grigio Corsa Pista wheels with MPSC 2’s as well....

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I see... So I must have a chassis already assembled since I have a VIN. Just don't what the VIN is and don't know how advanced (or not so advanced) it is.

Thank you for the clarification.

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Like Michael Jackson used to sing... You are not alone, I am there with you....

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    SoCal to az likes this.
  21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    One week??? For all that work????

22. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I purposely kept the options basic so the car could go through production quickly but alas that has not helped me, by the time it comes it will be winter and I have another car coming so I'll have to get rid of it immediately and wait for the spider making the whole process even more frustrating

23. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    I was considering ordering a new F8 from DL Swindon as i was so impressed with it after my test drive..I was requested to pay a £25K deposit and expected delivery in 12-14mths..However after reading about your experience i think i'm going to wait for one on the used market in less than 12 months and avoid all the stress..I'm also driving the new Roma at the Salon Prive on 25th Sept which i can get in about 8-10mths..
    I'm much more likely to order a Roma for that very reason..I specified an F8 in identical spec to my 488 and it came to over £260K which seems steep when you can get the same spec Roma for £50K less..
    Ferrari is on a roll right now and making Porsche seem so very dull and boring in comparison.

PTG1 likes this.
  24. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Better just to pick up used, I'm not that impressed with my dealer in this tbh, I ordered 2 cars from them and they put me right at the back of the queue on the first one, so far back I have no gap between that one and the second one coming making the first car redundant. I know of another guy that ordered in Jan and he already has his car, they must have put him in a cancellation slot but, they didn't put me in that slot. I have had it with them

25. Marc Goldstein

Marc Goldstein Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Briarcars
    Got my car a couple weeks ago. Color correct 1 day, PPF full car 4.5 days, Ceramic Coat 1 day. Windshield a couple hrs.