High-Quality High Octane Fuel (out of a pump) in Southeast Michigan | FerrariChat

High-Quality High Octane Fuel (out of a pump) in Southeast Michigan

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by The Outcast, Sep 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Outcast

The Outcast Formula 3

Apr 19, 2011
    Royal Oak Michigan
    I've become very frustrated with the "Premium" fuel situation in Southeast Michigan.

First off, the cost differential between regular and premium is ridiculous. I'll give benefit of the doubt...maybe refiners sell much less of it these days and have fixed costs? Who knows. I'm not in the fuel business.

My '97 F355 does not like sketchy gas, and summarily runs a bit crappy at idle and tip-in when I inadvertantly buy some. Big name, no-name; I've gotten both great and crappy gas at both.

I want to buy some high-quality super-high-octane gas, from a place that sells a lot of it...racing fuel, avgas, whatever. 100? 106? 103.7925? Sounds good!

Does anyone know where it's sold and is of good quality? How much does it cost?

Thanks in advance. I live near Woodward and 14 Mile.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. The Outcast

The Outcast Formula 3

Apr 19, 2011
    Royal Oak Michigan
    Found it at Maple/Rochester. Cam2. 8 bucks a gallon, and quite awesome results with 100 octane!

of2worlds likes this.
  3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You have my attention. Did it contain ethanol? I would think not but might as well make sure.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. The Outcast

The Outcast Formula 3

Apr 19, 2011
    Royal Oak Michigan
    No ethanol in the Cam2 100.

of2worlds likes this.