Looking for 458 Injectors ! | FerrariChat

Looking for 458 Injectors !

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by socialpro1, Sep 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Supposedly ferrari no longer sells the injectors for the 458 separately of the fuel rail.

Does anyone have a lead where I can get the full set from still?

Part numbers 250776 and 250775

Thanks!

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The part numbers you list are for the rail and injector assembly, not the injectors. Aren't they just some kind of generic Bosch or other injector?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The part number for rail and injector assembly is 250777 - you need 2 of those to swap out your injectors. They are $5K each, so as recommended 100k/8year injector maintenance is a 10+K job.

I'm still hoping to see if there are some spare injectors that anybody can source so that I wouldn't need to purchase the entire fuel rail. Ferrari discontinued selling the injectors separately.

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Here the price is significantly lower than the one you quote.

https://www.ricambiamerica.com/250777-fuel-pipe-complete-with-inject.html

socialpro1 and ac360 like this.
  5. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
  6. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
  7. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Yes - eurospares was contacted.

Some websites still show availability to 'factory order' - but through various sources I talked to that tried placing that order they are no longer available. I emailed / called nearly every ferrari new parts distributor and all are out of having any on hand.

8. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    What about having them serviced / rebuilt? I have seen companies doing it for the F40s.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Possibly as last resort. Looking at any and all other options instead - and again baffled that the entire rail assembly would be required for a more 'common' maintenance item to the cost of +/- 10K when you factor in labor.

Surprised no one has ran into this on the boards yet, did a brief search on the boards yesterday. Many will not hit the mileage requirement yet but definitely age ...

10. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Why don't you just flow test the injectors you already have and see if they are still functional and flowing well under load? Most injectors last 20+ years without even trying.

Ray

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I was thinking the same thing. What exactly is wrong with them? Injectors on cars normally don't just go bad, and they are not a wear item that needs frequent replacement.

If they are flow tested, it would also be pretty easy to find a suitable replacement. There can be little doubt that they are anything but a generic injector with a Ferrari stamp on the box. I wonder if one looks close, is there a manufacture name on the injector? Also, that kind of mounting do they use? From pics they look very ordinary.

12. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I just replace the injectors on my 1990 Toyota pickup truck. After 30 years, 3 out of 4 were bad, but the truck was also pretty abused and had 437,000 miles on it. The injectors are just an electrical solenoid. I installed Bosch 4 hole injectors on my motor - they just basically sandwich between the fuel rail and the hole in the head and there are usually some O-rings or rubber grommets that hold everything in place. It's easy to flow test them using a graduated cylinder and a little pulse computer that powers them,

One thing to keep in mind with modern cars (and this probably includes the Ferrari) is that they often use direct injection and those injectors are under a lot more pressure (2000 PSI vs maybe 50 PSI). So you'd definitely have to double check.

Ray

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It is indeed a dfi engine but stll. Even those type of injectors are common these days. Keep in mind that DFI injectors are not dirt cheap like MPI injectors. A buddy of mine sourced some injectors for an Audi tuner project, and they were in what amounts to 300 usd per injector range. Just saying that 458 injectors won't be cheap like they used to be.

14. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    My car is in the shop now and they didn’t recommend messing with them at this point unless they find evidence of issues down stream.

We are doing plugs this go around, so will see if we have a leaky injector etc. but they haven’t had any issues with 458s thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat