Co-Own 16M, Speciale, Superamerica, 330 GTC, etc | FerrariChat

Co-Own 16M, Speciale, Superamerica, 330 GTC, etc

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Gianluigimascolo, Jul 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gianluigimascolo

Jan 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gianluigi Mascolo
    Hi All,

The title doesn't say it all but pretty much I'm exploring the idea to co-own with another person one of these relatively rare cars in the Los Gatos, CA area only. We have to live close if we want to make it work.
    I want a toy and I'm not going to use it much but I want to drive it to dinners, to Carmel and my polo matches sometimes.
    I don't know exactly how is going to work but I assume there will be a partnership LLC or something in place.
    If interested, I'm was looking to pull the trigger within few months.
    Serious players only,

Thanks,
    Johnny
    650 5563585

2. Gianluigimascolo

Jan 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gianluigi Mascolo
    Hello Ferrari enthusiasts,

I'm exploring the idea to co-own with another person one of these relatively rare cars in the Los Gatos/Saratoga CA area only. We have to live close if we want to make it work.
    If you want a toy and we are not going to use it much, this deal is for you.
    I want to drive it to dinners, to Carmel and some social gatherings.
    I don't know exactly how is going to work but I assume there will be a partnership LLC or something in place.
    If interested, I'm was looking to pull the trigger within few months.
    Serious players only,

Thank you

3. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I've known a few people over the years that have done this with small airplanes and one acquaintance that did it with a boat.

In my observance there has been a "general partner" that is in charge of storage/maintenance/etc.
    Often done with somewhat "close" friends so there is a level of trust.
    If you had the structure/situation "penciled out" that might help increase interest.

All that being said, I'm in the mountains between Los Gatos and Scotts Valley.

I find the concept interesting but my interest is in the 550.

I had been a member of the original version of Club Sportiva back in 2005 in San Francisco......I wonder if the current owner of Club Sportiva (now in San Jose) would find the concept of you (or you together) buying a Ferrari of your choice and "contributing" it to the Club Sportiva "entity".

If you were interested in the 550 route and could talk Club Sportiva into being the "GP" that would be very interesting to me.......

Just a few things to think about....... -- Eric

p.s. I see on your profile you are 44, I'm 46.

p.p.s. part of my current problem is my personal collection is larger than I can use to begin with... so a "fractional share" or "interest in Club Sportiva" would be most interesting.

4. Gianluigimascolo

Jan 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gianluigi Mascolo
    Hello Eric,

We should discuss the opportunity of a 550. Are you thinking of a 550 barchetta? That's my preferred car except for the limited ferrari of the 60s.

I'm not sure I want to be part of a car club, I have enough club memberships. I have a trustworthy mechanic for maintenance and a safe garage at my house.

Please text me at 650 5563585 to discuss further.

Sincerely,
    Johnny

5. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I wouldn't have the budget for a 550 Barchetta even in a partnership (so valuable). I've been watching "normal" 550's for quite some time.

The reason I like the idea of Club Sportiva, is because if there is a car a few people have an interest in, then Club Sportiva could house it and be the impartial General Partner.

I'd be a "light user" due to the stable of cars I already have combined with having little to no free time due to young children.

If I was in a partnership without an impartial GP it would have to be with someone I was pretty "personally close" with to ensure a level of trust.

Hope all that makes sense. -- Eric

6. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I too was a member of Club Sportiva in the old days (2005), with Brad and them. Great idea but like Johnny, I wanted the car in my garage more regularly. Ended up with a few coming and going. I was stalking a 330 that was local and with the original owner last I heard. I had the 550 Maranello, that was a great car that I miss very much. The trust issues make sense to me, could insurance cover that? Sportiva use to have a policy regarding distance and mileage. I've shared horses and boats, and for a brief time an Aston Martin. This is interesting, perhaps discuss alignment and expectations regarding use, purpose, and access. I really want to get into the older stuff, my mom had a 61 Spyder and uncle 63 330 2+2 before everything gets outrageous.