IPE Innotech F1 Exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

IPE Innotech F1 Exhaust

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Agostinho, Aug 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I too am in S.C. so when your ADD kicks in I’ll take it off your hands without you having to reverse the mod. That is, if it’s a white one!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    It might be. ;)

3. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Just saw the other thread. Beautiful. Congrats.

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    There are two more Japanese brands. Brilliant and Powercraft

5. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    This was extremely helpful. I’ve screenshot it for future reference. Thank you !!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    Hey hey it’s Loeper!! *waapooooosh*

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

synergy likes this.
  7. gsxr_fvr

gsxr_fvr Karting

Nov 24, 2016
    Toronto, Ontario
    I feel compelled to share this. I am coming from a Murcielago with Tubi exhaust. Then 1 day i watched a clip of Synergy's car leaving cars & coffee on youtube.
    Within a month in March 2020 I traded in Murci for 458 and got my IPE right away.
    I'll tell you first hand my setup is catback so still kept factory headers & INSANE loud is an understatement with valves open. Pops & bangs everytime you let off throttle are something i've never heard before.

458 can make these F1 sounds anywhere anytime where I needed tunnels / underpasses to do the same with Murci.

BTW This was the clip

xfrgtr, Whan and soulsea like this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Best 458 thread ever.

9. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    #34 Agostinho, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    IPE has the F1 sound, but can sometimes sound tinny and raspy. The IPE exhaust is also expensive, especially when considering it's made in Taiwan, so the profit margins on IPE must be huge.

Before I purchased the Kline Innovation exhaust, I did lots of research and listening. IPE, S-line, Novitec, Tubi, Capristo, and others. I wanted the F1 sound and couldn't be happier with my choice. Here's my 458 with Kline Innovation, stainless steel, Valvetronic exhaust system with decat/test pipes, and headers.

BruceC likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not only is expensive because of where it is made, it is also expensive as the fit and finish is not very good. Fitment issues, cracking etc. is not uncommon with Innotech. Yes you get a high pitched sound, but it's a very artificial and synthetic sound. You get a high pitched note that is somewhat tinny, thin and monotone. Underneath that, you can clearly hear the original engine note. I don't get the IPE F1 thing. I think it sound like **** to be honest. Getting a V8 that revs to 9k to sound like it's at 19k just invites all sorts of sound oddities. There's definitely nothing natural or racy about the sound. Get a Novi, Capristo or Kline. Might not be quite as high pitched, but they sound great and the quality is up to snuff.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

mdrums and Agostinho like this.
  11. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    I will say that if you want to be the loudest, most obnoxious sounding car at a bouncing off the rev-limiter rev-off contest, IPE might be the exhaust or you.

12. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    has anyone do a before/after dunno on these exhausts?

13. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    There might be some before and after videos on Youtube, but every stock 458 sounds the same. I think videos are good to listen to for tonal differences, but a video doesn't do any aftermarket exhaust system justice. You have to hear them in-person.

14. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Sorry... dunno was supposed to be dyno but phone changed it and i didn't proof read... lol so just wondering if these exhausts lose or make power.

15. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    #40 Agostinho, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    I've seen estimates of improved HP gains, but didn't dyno. It really depends on the type of exhaust and if only a cat-back system, or if decat, or if headers, etc. Most manufactures claim headers (I also added headers) improve performance greatly, but they're expensive and extra work to install. The more extensive the exhaust upgrade, the more performance gains.

16. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    My goodness. Unreal.

17. TUTTSF

TUTTSF Karting

Sep 21, 2018
    So. Cal
    iPE header
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Agency header

Fabspeed
    Novitec
    [​IMG]

Kline

The collector section of the headers is the main difference from brand to brand.
    Material is cost based but Novitec seems really high at nearly 20k just for inconel headers
    I don't know which one is better but having the collector section after the bends is "F1" style as that is how F1 cars are designed

I have Fabspeed iPE 200 cell iPE valved exhaust

Sound is fantastic the issue I have is higher temps when driving aggressively or in slow traffic. I did have the headers and cats ceramic coated just curios if others with headers are experiencing the same thing

tfos750 likes this.
  18. MacDemarco

MacDemarco Rookie

Aug 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mac Demarco
    This is basically spot on from the extensive research I've been doing.

Can't decide if I want Novitec or IPE. Novitec has a bit more growl or depth to it while IPE is a bit more thin but higher pitch.

Novitec is more expensive too.

Below you can see the difference of IPE vs Novitec with similar settings.

Novitec:

IPE:

19. MacDemarco

MacDemarco Rookie

Aug 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mac Demarco
    This is Novitec Exhaust + Novitec test pipes + fabspeed headers (the video description is wrong, I asked the owner):

To IPE owners, how does this video compare to your exhaust? Especially around @1:06 in the video when you are in the city flying through the buildings. Would love to hear your guys response.

20. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I personally like Novitec slightly more, although IPE is still amazing. I do have some issues with Novitec's pricing which I think is unjustified. Kline is basically cheaper Novitec but with similar quality. Their marketing and brand name is far less than that of Novitec, but to me that doesn't matter.

21. MacDemarco

MacDemarco Rookie

Aug 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mac Demarco
    I completely agree. I was set on getting an IPE setup until I heard multiple Novitec setups and they are growing on me but the pricing?... Jesus, I just don't understand.

22. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
  23. MacDemarco

MacDemarco Rookie

Aug 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mac Demarco
    How much is that whole setup?

24. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sounds great ! Thinking about it ! My Ferrari engineer warns me that I will keep getting hassled by engine lights popping up .
    Can you let me know if that’s happened to you please .
    Best
    Ash

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    @plastique999 ... I found this little gem! The more I see about your previous cars, the more I ask what goes through your mind. WOW!!!

plastique999 likes this.