Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 154 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Correct,

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Debatable. Vettel and Lance are very similar: fast but lack race craft, so what could Lance learn from Seb?

Not so sure. I'd bet they're gonna be very close in racing times and points. Seb still can't drive a finicky car and Lance is getting better and better.
    I hope Lance will destroy Vettel but reality is probably more an even match.

Agreed on that.

Vettel at Aston Martin will virtually guarantee that this thread remains the longest ever* in Ferrarichat F1 history.

*PS: I don't know that to be a fact, just a guess.

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Interesting assessment. The larger question - Is that a winning combination lol. Vettel at Ferrari lacking race craft cost 2 titles. Unless the actual non CLONE new car is amazing in speed - No. The factory teams will be favored in 2022 initially. More to follow of course and Im wrong alot too LOL :)

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    ??? And who said it’s off topic? Are you ok?

5. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Although the factory teams probably are working on the 2022 car right now, the loss of resources starting next season due to Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull losing 50% of the budgets they are used to working with will even the field. I believe the lower budget teams who are used to punching above their weight will produce some very competitive racing machinery.

Today the wealthy teams are developing multiple versions of the same part to test and lower budget teams just don’t have the resources to have these multiple development platforms which is a serious disadvantage. Yet they are still somewhat competitive, with the same budgets and leveling the prize money it will be a whole new racing series.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Bas likes this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The only thing I can see going against this, in the first 2 or so seasons post 2022, is that the 3-4 big teams will have easily been able to develop a 2022 car under their 2020 budget. I read something about the FIA/F1 policing it somewhat but quite honestly lost interest in that story since I believe policing it properly is nigh on impossible..

That said, much of the Jordan employees are still employed by Force India/Racing Point...a team that has always done very well with their smaller budget.

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Efficiency is on the way. Enforcing the cap will be an interesting endeavour.

william and tifosi12 like this.
  8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1

Bas likes this.
  9. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Bas, of course they're now Aston Martin employees, though the name change occurs post-this season

Bas likes this.
  10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Spinning ! and Crashing !

I hope Vettel trounces Ferrari and then loses to Lance.

tifosi12 and DF1 like this.
  11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ah, the dark side awakened.

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Now we have experts in this place comparing seb with lancelot, lololo, as someone said, stupidity kills but not fast enough!

Bas likes this.
  13. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Hateful, morbid and unsportsmanlike talking about death in an autosports competition.

tifosi12 likes this.
  14. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Read again slowly at least two times, he’s not talking about Lance...

Simon^2 and Bas like this.
  15. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Not sure about that, if it wasn’t the intention, I apologize.

16. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Pretty solid run by Lance today mixing it up near the front until a mechanical failure caused a really big crash. Good to see he is ok but that Racing Point is toast.

17. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Stroll is certainly trying his best. And he's gotten all the support any driver could ask for. But would he really really be there if
    his father didn't own the team? And could it be that it is his father who is pushing this dream? The father was into racing before his son was
    even born. I know a guy who loves baseball so much, he's determined that his 9 year old son is the next Mickey Mantle, and
    he pushing and controling the kid to be that.

375+ likes this.
  18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The real question is not how Lance Stroll got into F1, but if he deserves to be there.

I believe he does.

tifosi12 likes this.
  19. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Young Lance seems to be holding his own with the RP. I wasn't sure if he belonged in F1 when he got his ride at Williams, but he seems to be doing well with the RP. Granted it is a copy of the Merc, but he "seems" to be holding his own against Perez. Not sure if both cars are equal, as Lance got the new aero for this race while Perez did not.

tifosi12 and william like this.
  20. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    With his racing i would say he has begun to earn his seat. Today could have been another podium prior to the scary crash.

With that being said you need money to race. There will ALWAYS be someone faster than what we see who didn't have the money to compete.

My friend used to compete in karting with his dad as his tech. They grinded to simply get a cart on the field. He performed quite well. A fellow racer, and friend, competed with him. I partied with them a couple times. Papa owned a bigger company and while one ended in Karting the other made it to formula Mazda. Money talks baby.

william and tifosi12 like this.
  21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Many F1 drivers would not have made it to F1 if not somebody had coughed up the $. In many cases the money came directly from the family, Lance isn't the first F1 driver born with a silver spoon. Nor will he be the last.

william likes this.
  22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No one cares that he comes from money.

Ocon comes from no money and is almost universally disliked.
    Norris comes from a serious amount of money and is almost universally loved.

Stroll's dads' money was always going to attract some comments. But I don't think anyone (especially here of all places), dislikes him because his dad is loaded.

Senna1994 and ferrariformulauno like this.
  23. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I feel there’s just something inherently wrong about the Stroll thread garnering so much more attention than the Leclerc thread on a Ferrari forum.

Nortonious and ingegnere like this.
  24. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Golden, not silver spoon, you mean.

Marcel Massini

Senna1994 likes this.
  25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical