What happened to Ricambi? | FerrariChat

What happened to Ricambi?

Discussion in '348/355' started by chopsui, Sep 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chopsui

chopsui Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2019
    Austin, Tx
    I've been away for a few months so I probably missed something but I just tried to order some parts from Ricambi and their site no longer has model specific diagrams. It's nigh impossible to find certain parts like specific nuts and bolts, etc. I did a forum search and didnt come up with any kind of announcement. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Same here. Strange. Perhaps they're remodelling their site. I was having problems on my old iPhone with their page format, but now there are problems on my PC.

I earlier saved a direct link to their 355 (5.2) pages to avoid going to the main page, but even that is not working now.

3. chopsui

chopsui Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2019
    Austin, Tx
    Welp, glad it's not just me :)

I wonder when it changed

Ray Smith likes this.
  4. Ferrari Fix

Ferrari Fix Rookie

Mar 13, 2018
    Pittsburgh, PA USA
    Full Name:
    Matt D
    chopsui likes this.
  5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Our site is not down. It is not broken. All the content that we intend to publish is fully on-line.

I have neither the energy nor courage to discuss the details, but an external event has caused us to remove that content . We may have been the first to remove it, but I am certain you'll see similar action from all other independent part sellers in a fairly short timeframe. Those who don't are either outrageously well funded, or wear some pretty big pants.

Our inventory will be listed primarily in Collections and as we build it out (slowly), in a more hierarchical manner Nested Collections

Pivot, I must.

Succeed, I will.

6. chopsui

chopsui Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2019
    Austin, Tx
    Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

LARRYH and VAF84 like this.
  7. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    Really, Ferrari?

8. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Thats outrageous.

And this is in no way directed at Ricambi, but at what I am imagining is some sort of litigation over diagrams or images. Utter ********. This is not what copyright is for, this makes the marketplace worse not better.

OCKlasse likes this.
  9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Ouch. Sounds like this external event instigator will be losing some respect.

I have a bad feeling about the success of this forum, too if similar restrictions apply.

10. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #10 Ferrarium, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Bloody hell, going to make looking up part numbers to fix needed parts mighty tough.
    Will have to use the parts manual pdf's I suppose but wont forward to succeeded parts etc.
    I'd speculate Ferrari Factory issue, cease and desist etc, nothing else would really make sense but I may be missing something.

BRIOSO and Qavion like this.
  11. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The good news is, that for most of the folks who know me, I'm a workaholic and insomniac!

All you ever need is this: https://www.ricambiamerica.com/contacts/

12. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Crap I had a bunch of stuff in my cart. I was buying stuff not using my login but as a guest so as to save that stuff, its wiped now.

13. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Yikes Daniel! Read between the lines. I am sure you will come up with a comprehensive, workable alternative.

14. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    What a way to celebrate their 1000th GP. Jeez, Ferrari.

15. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    And over the past 17 years, a telephone call, which often you answered personally, did the trick. My F355 Challenge was more fully outfitted thanks to your perseverance in locating the parts I needed; most recently the upgraded aluminum radiators I needed after a chunk of rubber tore through my wheel well screen at Sebring and severly damaged one of my original radiators. You no longer inventoried the aluminum radiators but you told Jim McGee at Pocono Sportscar who to call to get them. Thank-you so much, Daniel. You've always been and will continue to be my Ferrari parts source.

Barry

16. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Ugh..

Unfortunately, I've seen this same position taken with a boat manufacturer recently. They have taken an extreme stance going as far as shutting down owners putting branding text on upholstery repairs and custom flooring. And I'm not even talking copy right logos and fonts. Simple text. Equivalent to if you had your aftermarket floor mats embroidered with 355 in an entirely different font.

There's a fine line between brand protection and stepping on your enthusiast community.

LARRYH and carguyjohn350 like this.
  17. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I don't know what the deal is with Ricambi, or what will happen with other suppliers but after checking around all the other suppliers in the US and the UK that I am familiar with still have the diagrams and part number lists up. Guess we have to wait and see.

18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Maybe it's time for owners to start an email campaign to Ferrari about this.

ShineKen and Skippr1999 like this.
  19. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    I know Kubota is very strict with their diagrams. One online vendor makes you create an online account and login in order to view the diagrams. I dont recall the details but they explained they had to do it this way in order to view them.

We have your back Daniel! I will always remember your patience and excellent service with me when I first got my car. You got this!

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    so sorry to hear this Daniel! Let us know if anything we can do. Pisses me off.

baschul and tatry68 like this.
  21. JPMD

JPMD Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    FL
    Full Name:
    John
    Ferrari should spend more time and money getting their F1 team in order

22. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    "Kill the diy"? Why else would the the diagrams be so sensitive? All the proletariats meddling with the bourgeois cars.

Let's hope it does not get to this. Control of the parts chain. "No you can't buy a part unless we diagnose it and order it through an authorized Ferrari service center."

Ugh

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Ray Smith, chopsui and Qavion like this.
  23. tatry68

tatry68 Karting

Oct 27, 2013
    Chicago Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Thats when my ferrari goes up for sale.

24. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Well might be time to dump my Ferrari's.

if I can't search for parts because they act like baby's well then I'll move on.

25. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    That's pretty terrible of them to take a steaming dump on their parts suppliers.

I guess this is another way for them to concentrate the sales of parts directly through their partnered dealership parts departments, which as we all know charge ridiculous amounts for trivial items that could be found elsewhere without Ferrari packaging for a fraction of the price. Good business model...at the expense of their loyal fan base.

Ray Smith likes this.