458 Spider Aftermarket Carbon Fiber | FerrariChat

458 Spider Aftermarket Carbon Fiber

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Parshooter, Dec 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Parshooter

Parshooter Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    I have a 2013 Ferrari 458 Spider. Some time ago I purchased some interior Carbon replacement products for my 458 Spider from Exotic Car Gear. The thought was to place aftermarket Carbon into some of my Interior to upgrade the aesthetics without paying for Direct OEM with my dealers crazy Factory prices. I replaced the F1 Switches and rear plate, and Cup Holder. it was the first steps in what I planned as a total Interior upgrade. The experience dealing with Exotic Car Gear was awful, from the overall quality and fit of the products to the customer service to the expectation of what they delivered. I had to have the installer come to my house multiple times, had to return product that didn't fit, for replacement. The Surround for the Top and rear window switch was not available, but I was not told this. The fit was so poor that the switches for the glove box and Lift were no longer aligned and worse yet I had weeks were phone calls and emails were not returned. I ultimately had to get the Spider, top and rear window surround from MyRicambi to complete the install that was about a year ago and they bailed me out from what would have really been bad situation. At the end not knowing any better I did think the F1 cover looked good. It wasn't until I saw the MyRicambi product did I realize there was a better alternative.
    On balance, I am sure the Exotic Car Gear dislikes me as much as I them. I decided I would never put Aftermarket Carbon, Mfg primarily in China, in my vehicle.
    So this past week I went to Mondiali in Daytona and met with Denis from MYRicambi. He convinced me to bring my car to his place of business, and meet his partner and look at his product. I did and made a comparison to the product in my car from Exotic Car Gear.
    There was no Comparison!
    Today I had the entire center console replaced, the entire dash and some other items installed. The fit and finish is perfect. it looks like the car came from the factory. The installer couldn't believe the detail of the installation attachments, from pins to lined screw holes and quality of the Carbon. If you want to upgrade reach out to Denis or Ian at MyRicambi. You won’t be sorry! They get five stars from me. Exotic Car Gear maybe two.

2. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Cool. Do you have any pics of the cf installed?

3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Please share photo's soon !

4. Parshooter

Parshooter Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Here are some pictures of the install.

5. mdslone

mdslone Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    South
    Full Name:
    FerrariM
    No pictures attached

6. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    #8 997usa, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    I ordered a bunch of MyRicambi (www.458parts.com) parts for the 488 engine bay and the side air intakes. Will install them this weekend and post my thoughts. Initial thoughts are very positive. Good looking and seemingly well constructed.

7. mdslone

mdslone Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    South
    Full Name:
    FerrariM
    Wow. I am very impressed. Seems to be done extremely well. Looks very good. After seeing these pictures I am going to order some my self.

8. Parshooter

Parshooter Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    You won't be sorry, but make sure you have a great installer... few parts are easy but most require lots of skill!!

9. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Thats a lot of high quality cf. Excellent taste.

10. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen
    I was thinking of doing this but just installed CF LaFerrari bridge instead which I think really brings a great look.

May this as well though now that I see what a good look you have created.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Parshooter

Parshooter Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    That is very Nice...

12. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Where did you get the CF ac housing ?

13. Parshooter

Parshooter Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Same place as all the rest, MyRicambi speak to Denis or Ian.. Looks great in person.

14. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Thanks bro.

15. Ian Rattray

Ian Rattray Rookie

Jul 14, 2014
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Great post. Thank you Parshooter! :)

16. dalaalsingh

dalaalsingh Rookie

Nov 19, 2017
    How hard was it to do the AC vents and dash? I feel like that would be the most difficult and it wound be hard to get it together properly
    Sent from my SM-N970U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. The extractor

The extractor Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Deerfield BeachFlorida
    Full Name:
    Dr. Joe
    how does changing out the original parts with carbon fiber parts affect the pricing on the car? Meaning, I have the original sticker for the car and a carbon fiber package is NOT listed on it.....