456 price trends | Page 5 | FerrariChat

456 price trends

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ross, Jan 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree. I love the interior too. And it was semi-local to me.

2. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I noticed your comment on the armrest. I seem to remember it was discussed here on the forum at some point. Custom made, fits in the small well at the rear end of the tunnel and covered in matching leather. Quite a nice bit of work.

paulchua likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    definitely makes sense for a driver!

paulchua likes this.
  4. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The BaT TdF GTA sold for $56,600 before BaT premium. Seems a bit low for a car in that nice condition. Somebody is going to love it!!

5. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    I looked at this car in person while hunting. Very pretty blue.

6. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    GTA's have been a real value for a good 5 years now. GT's, not so much, as you and I know from our first hand experience.

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Such a buzz killer - everything has had its day outside of the 456

8. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It is no surprise at all. I've been following 2+2's since the 365GTC/4 and it's always the same. They don't do well on the pre-owned market. The GTC/4 is much rarer than the Daytona, and is less than half as valuable.

paulchua and ttforcefed like this.
  9. Mike-456M

Mike-456M Rookie

Jun 10, 2016
    I noted in the BAT listing that you keep a 456M registry. How do I get added to the list?

10. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Send me your car data, I'll update the registry and send you a copy. No problem. Year, VIN, transmission, exterior color, interior color, Assembly #, engine #, mileage, shields, what kind of seats (Daytona? contrasting inserts?) piping on the seats, contrasting stitching in the interior, color of the dash and steering wheel, brake caliper color, stock wheels. Those are all the data fields I keep on the cars. Happy to have you in the community. You can PM me here.

11. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Thinking about selling mine. How much do you think I could get

12. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Stu, I don't remember what your car is. If it's a 456M GTA, $60k, like this auction if you include the BaT fee, seems to be the rate.

13. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
  14. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    How come no 456GT registry?

15. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Lance, I am working on it. I own a 456M so my initial interest was in the Ms in the US. I've expanded that now to the 456s but it does take some time gathering data and structuring it. Winter is coming. Winterfell (aka New Hampshire) will soon be dark and cold and there will be plenty of time to screw around with spreadsheets. My outside landscaping days are beginning to run short for the year. Also gets to where it's a mite cold to twist wrenches, sooooo

16. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Market for 456s is interestingly right in between the 456M GTAs and the 456M GTs. Having a 6-sp does that. Seems that they range from $70-90k, maybe $95k for a low mileage, great condition, good color combination. Plus, some folks just really love those hood vents!! M GTAs seem to range from $60k-80k while the M GTs range from $115-135k (can't say I've seen one close at that high end for a couple of years but they still get listed there on the rare occasion one comes up for sale. There are only 95 or so M GTs and there are usually 1-2 cars for sale at any one time. Sometimes none, only once did I see three.

G. Pepper likes this.
  17. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    That analysis boxes, I paid top dollar for a 2003M GTA back in March and could not be more thrilled. We also wanted a pre-M (liked the interior and hood better) but now we have this M with 19k and fixed all the usual required BS (rubber bits is fuel tank, etc...) and could not be happier, it is like a brand new car and I would not purchase one without Daytona seats so that was another plus. I think the later build 2002/2003 M models will command a premium as (per Ferrari) the M is a better car and it is definitely more “modern”.

We get compliments almost every time we drive it as understated as it is, we had it paint corrected and ceramic coated and love it. the Beverly Hills Hotel always keeps it out front no matter what shows up. The valets get a huge kick out of it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

xavier205, open roads, tomc and 4 others like this.
  18. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Daytona seats are nice!

michael1017 likes this.
  19. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Let me know when you are ready..... I can share all my info! Also if you need some assistance, let me know.... I've been known to spin a wicked workbook!

20. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i was driving my mother's around this last week while in Naples. (brought back memories of my own daily driver 456mgt except i kept reaching for the clutch pedal!)
    and i was happy to show her this sale as evidence of a price RISE since i bought hers in 2017!

for an automatic cruiser with subtle presence and class, the 456mgta is an unbeatable bargain.

ttforcefed and G. Pepper like this.
  21. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yeah, it really is. I drive my MGT rather selectively for the same reasons as the rest of you, but I think about getting a GTA for my daily commute. That would be delicious

22. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I will. And thanks for the offer of help. All told, there are over 3000 cars.

23. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    A nice looking exotic for the price of a mid-grade Lexus.

24. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart