Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 4RE886, Mar 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. p1turbo

p1turbo Formula Junior

May 21, 2009
    san francisco
    shoutout to thank tony and the guys yet again….

took care of a cel on my 575…

couple of cat ecu's and thermocouple. appreciate the problem solving approach instead of just throwing all kinds of parts at the car.

thank you guys

2. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Tony, farrier extraordinaire, shod the front of my black stallion with a pair of Super Sports in under an hour this morning. Excellent, professional, convenient service. Thanks again, T&R Automotive!

3. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    You are welcome Dakharris. Let's see how many track days you can get out of them!!!
    Tony A.

4. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    The 575M was at T&R for a full "laundry list" of things: new timing belt, remove all the black sticky stuff, full service + complete refit of the leather dashboard ...

BRAVO to Tony & his crew for an EXCELLENT job!

5. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LanceD
    Tony and his crew did an awesome job on my annual service (Tony: "Have you been driving your car a lot ?" Me: "Duh!"), taking care of s myriad of small things to make my Spider just right and then topped off with a wax and detail for car week. Thanks guys!!

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Once again Tony delivers ... Had a ton of work done while I was on vacation. Tony is the man...period.

7. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LanceD
    Feeling like a broken record here extolling the virtues of Tony and his team ... but once again they stepped up and delivered above and beyond! As send-off from a most wonderful week in Monterey - races, Concourso, Pebble and FCA - I badly scraped my bumper pulling out of my last parking space. BUMMER! Especially with the FOG Rally fast approaching and Tony headed off on a much deserved vacation. However, a late night text to Tony and he had my Spider in his shop the next morning. They worked on it for three days, brilliantly repairing the scrape, flawlessly matching the paint and then re-painting the entire under pan 'cause it just didn't look right'! And all for most reasonable $$. THANK YOU TONY!

8. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    Thank you Paul. And thank you for the gift, enjoyed it a lot!

9. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    You are always welcome, SFFerrari.

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #285 freshmeat, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was that time of year again; fresh fluids, new filters, general health check & of course we had to add some spicy stuff into the mix to make it interesting...as many would say, there is no such thing as enough carbon fiber! ;)

Thanks Tony for helping spiff up my car yet again!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #286 freshmeat, Jun 20, 2016
  12. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Thought you didn't like the cf rockers Alwin?

Best
    Nick

13. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #288 freshmeat, Jun 25, 2016
    My approach w the car has evolved from sporty-elegance to race car mode (ever since I changed my classic 5-spoke HRE P47s to race black R101s awhile ago) . The carbon rockers were totally a reaction to compliment the aggressive front carbon splitter; the lines from carbon skirt to front splitter just run more smoothly than just having the splitter on its own. I would have never gotten the rockers if I didn't have the splitter.

More custom carbon bits to come, but, no I won't do carbon handles nor fuel cap nor shields...

14. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    You are always welcome!! looks amazing!!

15. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks Tony and crew for taking care of the 430 for all these years. Just completed yet another major service and the car is running better than the day I got it! There's a beautiful Superamerica at the shop now! We are so fortunate to have you in SF taking care of all our exotics and DDs. Cheers for another great year!!

16. 430 Scooter

430 Scooter Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    Ferrari of Silicon Valley's pricing is very reasonable when compared with a quote I got from this establishment. Are you guys saving meaningful money over dealer servicing?

17. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yes, there is a meaningful savings but there's nothing wrong with price shopping. The most important question is are you getting the absolute best service and care for your car? We own Ferraris and I expect the best to work on my Ferrari. I have worked too hard to buy my dream car and I want someone who is honest with integrity and who truly cares to work on my Fcars. There are some good people at FofSV and FofSF but they also have a lot of turn over in their service and repair department. When you see a doctor, do you want to see a different doctor every time you go to the hospital or do you want consistency and see the same doctor every time? A doctor that knows you and your current health issues and most importantly your past history. The same goes with your car mechanic. Someone who knows your car and previous car's history is exceedingly important and will save you considerably in the future. That is invaluable. I want the very best taking care of my health, my family and my car.

Tony truly cares about your business and repeat business. That is a beautiful thing about a small business owner that can never be replaced by any large entity. He wants to make sure you are a happy customer and thoroughly satisfied. Another consequential difference with Tony is that you get a highly intellectual erudite working on your Fcar who understands all the subtle nuances of a sophisticated vehicle at a meticulous and anal-retentive level. Tony has a BS and a Masters in Mechanical Engineering. Definitely not your typical mechanic. His grown children are also incredible, two of which are Ivy league - Harvard and Cornell. He has high expectations for himself, his business, his family, and his clients. I also have the highest expectations in those I surround myself with and I know most of you on Fchat are the same. Many of you inspire me everyday and are my closest friends. You have worked hard for the chance to have that visceral and lascivious drive in the most ethereal and autoerotic car ever built. That is why you have Tony take care of your Fcar!

RoadRonin likes this.
  18. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Indy shops can also use non-OEM parts. Not so with a Ferrari Dealer. They must use parts that come in a box with a horsey on them, even when there is a superior aftermarket part available. Also, if you live or work in SF, you cannot beat the convenience of Tony's location. Lastly, as Bob said, Tony is an Engineer. Doubtful that you can find very many service technicians with his level of education and problem solving ability. I would not hesitate to ask T&R to service your DD or your exotic.

19. Tifoso Ferrari

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Just had a all the black sticky gooy parts cleaned and refinished + major service on my 2003 - 360. Tony did a fabulous job!

Lui e' il MAESTRO! Bravo e mille grazie!

20. ntlr

ntlr Karting

Jan 25, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    Tony just did my annual and stick no more on everything, and I live right down the street so convenience was a huge factor. No need to echo everyone else here, but needless to say was very happy with the work.

21. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    Thank you for your nice comments. You have a special car!!!

22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I hadn’t driven the Scuderia since before the lockdown and sadly, a few days ago when I tried to take it out on a jaunt, I noticed something awkward with the accumulator / F1 pump build up upon opening the door and starting up the car! Upon further tepid driving I noticed the car going to neutral at stoplights...OMG. I immediately brought the car to Tony’s to have a look over.

Worst case scenario, I was told to brace for a mighty expensive service that might involve the replacement of the entire F1 kit. Best case scenario, the accumulator had to be replaced...thankfully, it was just the accumulator! Tony replaced it, had to bleed the system a few times and walah, the car is back in tip-top shape and superfast shifts are back with a vengeance.

Grateful that Tony’s has been opened throughout this entire lockdown and that he was able to save my F1 kit...things could’ve been really bad! He and his entire staff are also being extra careful during this time, everyone is wearing PPE and practicing physical distancing etc and I highly suggest you also be respectful and also wear the appropriate face mask etc when you visit!

Apollo 11, EP328 and jet like this.
  23. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    Tony recently helped me with some carbon fiber upgrades for my 458. He and his team do excellent work.

I highly recommend T & R Automotive.

------------------------------------

I purchased Carbon Fiber pieces from MyRicambi. For the extended carbon fiber paddles, I went with Carbonio.

The Ricambi order consisted of:

Engine Bay Components
    - Airbox
    - Engine Covers
    - Underscreen Panel
    - Lock Cover

Interior Components
    - Carbon Fiber Dashboard Kit
    - Gearbox Control Panel (Center Console)
    - Hazard and Windows Button Surround (Center Console)
    - Fiber Tach Tunnel Cover
    - Door Sills
    - Interior Door Handles

I consider Tony an artist. His attention-to-detail is incredible. While the carbon fiber from Ricambi was very good, Tony did have to make modifications/adjustments to almost every piece in order to get the result that you're seeing in the photos/videos. The most complicated aspect of the job was obviously the dashboard trim as the entire thing needs to come apart. This is definitely not for the faint of heart and there were a few times where I was questioning whether all of this was worth it.

I'm very happy with the results. The car looks great and there are no rattles.

Engine Bay:

Interior Walkthrough:

Passenger Side:

This was a very expensive upgrade between the parts and the labor. Again, not for the faint of heart. For me, this was worth it.

Big kudos to Tony at T & R Auto (and to Ian from MyRicambi). Really above-and-beyond service.

24. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LanceD
    Tony has serviced by 360 for 7 years and my FF for 3 years. I can't recommend him & his team highly enough. He is meticulous.

25. Tifoso Ferrari

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Just picked up my 2005 575M from T&R. Tony and his team completed a superb maintenance: fresh timing belt + all tensioners, all fluids and a fresh battery. The car is running as if it were driven off the showroom floor ~ perfetto. No question the most meticulous technician in the Bay Area if not the USA.

Tony is NUMERO UNO! Mille grazie!