IMSA & IndyCar Alignment for 2021 | FerrariChat

IMSA & IndyCar Alignment for 2021

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by kylec, Sep 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    I’ve heard there could be a schedule alignment for 2021 between the two series.

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    probably a good move, IMSA is going to be struggling for car count next year

3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Sounds like the paddocks will be very crowded. I remember when Indy and World Sportcars ran the same weekend at Road America and the paddock was rather full , and that's a big track. Hope Covid is done by next year.

Boomhauer and pilotoCS like this.
  4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Indy, ALMS, Pirelli WC and Trans Am managed to do Long Beach for years, they can figure it out.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I enjoyed it a lot when Pirelli WC and Indy were together at the Barber Motorsports park in 2015. Was nice seeing differences in the cars and sounds with action almost all the time on the track.

alum04org and GuyIncognito like this.
  6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    But, but... Isn't Indy Car doing a tie-up with NASCAR?

Yes, thanks, I'm here all weekend.

BHW

7. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Curious to see where this goes. At least prior to this year IMSA pulled pretty good crowds at all the races I have attended.

The Daytona 24 was absolutely packed this year. I was at Road Atlanta last weekend for the 6hr and there weren't a ton of people. I think part of that is that they weren't selling camping spots.

Rumors I have heard involve adding LMP3 into the WeatherTech championship. I just wonder how much of a difference that would make. The big issue is budgets. So many long races on the calendar and it almost doesn't matter what kind of car you have, its going to be really expensive.

State of the series is this Wed at 2pm EST so we should know more then.

8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    At the Indianapolis Motor Speedway . . . beyond that, no.

9. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    I’m not sure what you mean by that. I had my RV there over the weekend. I also had my RV at Sebring. I didn’t take it to Daytona because they had said you wouldn’t be allowed to leave your campsite. I saw tent campers at Road Atlanta too, no tents at Sebring.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

The Road Atlanta website had said camping was sold out. Given how few there were I had figured they just weren't selling the spots but maybe they really did limit it that much. Interestingly infield parking was free where as it is always an additional ticket you need to purchase.