F12TDF vs MurcieSV | FerrariChat

F12TDF vs MurcieSV

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by plastique999, Sep 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    So I’m looking for my next V12.
    Of course, on the Ferrari forum I understand that the TDF will take the lead over the MurcieSV.
    We are comparing an $850k car Vs a $500k car.
    But if we extrapolated 5–10 years out, which would prevail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
    Is it a manual SV ?

Gh21631 likes this.
  3. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Do you like one better? These would appear to be very different vehicles in some sense. Curious about your likes or dislikes.

Napoli likes this.
  4. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Ferrari ;)

MDS

5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    The lambo has a single clutch gearbox that can in no way compete with Ferrari's twin clutch technology

The Lambo doesn't look like a car .Like a missile, Like a fighter plane whatever but not like a car. I have never been a fan of central engine super/megacar (Except Ferrari halo cars ahah) That's why I love front engined Ferrari so much, and until the 812 VS is released , the Tdf is the ultimate expression of that family of cars. They remain real cars, practical, the engine is in front of you, it's your loyal servant, just like a pack of horses

When i see an aventador i just see a V12 being chauffeured around town

The lambo attracts too much attention , and usually from Instagram stupid people that will seat on your hood to make a selfie.

With a grey Tdf people won't even notice that's one if the finest sportscar in the world

In a few years the Lambo won't be worth a penny, the Tdf will retain it's value forever

My 0.2 cents, I haven't driven those cars.

Sm0k3sum, otakki, ewright and 5 others like this.
  6. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    TDF. Don’t even think of buying the Lambo

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ewright, 500drvr, Avia11 and 2 others like this.
  7. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    I love the TDF. Probably my next addition. But with the 812VS on the way, maybe a better thought exercise would be 599 GTO vs the Lamborghini over that window of time. Feels like the TDF is still finding it's position relative to the pricing ladder and the new VS may not help it in the short term. And if the world wide flood of free money raises all boats, the 599 will probably participate again as well.

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Manual would be $1 mil+
    .... so regular paddle shift

Boomhauer likes this.
  9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Tough problem for sure .. but as I have said before I believe the TDF will fall for the next year then start to find its place in the world .. If you were to track the 599GTO pricing (which is the previous generation) the prices really dropped once the TDF was introduced and I believe the GTO has stabilized pretty much in its value.. I think the TDF will fall as it has been doing once the 812Vs is actually introduced or unveiled .. They made more TDFs then GTOs and will make More 812 VS then the TDF ... but to be clear the buyer is the same buyer on these cars..
    The great thing is the TDF will still be around in a year or 2 and will be cheaper... IMHO....
    I am in a similiar situation but I will just wait it out and get a TDF when they are around 700 + or-

dustman, Caeruleus11, Bundy and 5 others like this.
  10. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    I vote tdf, and if the $ delta is meaningful between the tdf and SV then I'd even agree to consider 599GTO. I can't wrap my head around what may bear more fruit in 5-10 years after the year we've all had. I guess Lambos just don't do it for me personally since you're asking FChat :)

Also I don't know if it's a surefire guarantee that 812VS follows tdf trend, personally I'm excited as a fan and curious to see what Maranello does. Reports are she's devastating. But whether it is limited by production time or by #, if production capacity increases like Pista did over Speciale allegedly, Ferrari now public, what are the GPFs/nannys, what is the styling, unlike tdf there will also probably be VS and VS Aperta even more desirable, etc..

There will always be an valid reason to wait whether 812VS, or if market comes back to reality or 2nd wave/pandemic, wife approval, etc. Just gotta find your strike point if it's a car you want

11. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Its not it's. The Lambo will be worth significantly more than a penny in a few years, while the Tdf won't retain its value forever.

ZF123 and plastique999 like this.
  12. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Interesting observation .... in the next “bubble” when cars values go up again, I do feel the MurcieSV has a chance to go up significantly to $750-1 mil range say in 10 years? 1 of 186 in the world.

TDF if I were to guess will drop to $6-700 range in a year but then ride the next wave up to over a mil again. It’s all about timing.

ZF123, Andial, 4_Eff_Sake and 2 others like this.
  13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    You'll correct me the day you'll be my teacher. That means... never.

I learned english alone, I never lived in an english speaking country and I never speak english in my daily life so I'm quite satisfied with my level. I gave my opinion, you seem to disagree. Is it a reason to attack my grammar ? no.

500drvr, KarlA69, Roland1688 and 11 others like this.
  14. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    when there will be aventador successor?

15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    My guess in Late 2021/Early 2022

16. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Of course on this forum you will get people saying TDF for heritage, brand, styling and aspiration reasons. Nothing wrong with that. That's what you get when you ask a group of owners generally. Though for consideration, although every brand wants to monopolize owners to move around to other models in the brand to keep brand continuity, I think as much as the Murcie SV and TDF are two TOTALLY different cars, I think the question is a good one, at least from a rarity standpoint, and NA V12 standpoint.
    I have delved in to both brands in the past and actually had literally never considered Lamborghini and now that's a done deal in a few ways for the past years. I think too often our perceptions get in the way of trying new things. I never would have looked at it until an odd change of events and am happy to say I love both brands...for two totally different reasons. I think there is too much a competition of which one is better on these forums, and that is so counterintuitive and useless. Although many won't take up the exercise, I think many would do well to test their actual experiences in the different brand (not that you are going to find a lot of Murcie SVs out there to test--or TDF obviously) and go away from the ideas that one looks a certain way or is only for rappers or gold chained younguns with tats. I'll tell you what, the experience of getting in a V12 Lambo is extremely exciting and quite a raw experience and is definitely different than a V12 Ferrari with all it's exterior and interior styling but I also like some raw things and some refined things. I get into grooves too much sometimes of the same thing, and would encourage the same for all if they had a chance and not write either off--and I would say the same on a Lambo forum about the TDF, or F12/812 for that matter.

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Both would be ideal. :) They each have their appeal so its a tough call. From a driving standpoint the TDF will eat the Murci's lunch all day but the Murci is a really cool car. As car guys we can appreciate both. Good luck with your decision, its fun to run through the process - enjoy it.

18. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    This is always an interesting discussion. I have no idea which one will be worth more in 10 years. Unfortunately, rarity does not equate to value. I had a 1999 Diablo SV for many years. There were 25 or so 99 SVs in the US and I thought one day they would be worth a bunch of money. They may be finally trading around their MSRP but not a bunch more. I had 2 599 GTOs and made a bit of money of those after a few years but prices have come down a bit, but they are still well over MSRP. If I was to bet, I would bet on the TdF as I think there are just more people in the pool that would pay up for one. This is a good problem to have though.

Bundy and plastique999 like this.
  19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Thanks all for the valuable input.... yes these two models are very different but their prospective future values have interesting predictions. I do foresee that these both have potential uptick in value.
    I may take the plunge into the MSV first and then after a couple years add the TDF...would be ideal.

LARRYH, Bundy, Gh21631 and 1 other person like this.
  20. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Tdf. This one isn’t even close. Actually, why is a murcie sv 500k? Same as Aventador svj?

Napoli likes this.
  21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Love the SV but has to be a manual. Could convert one...

I would say 599 GTO + Speciale but seems you already have one of those. Chop in the Speciale for a Speciale Aperta + 599 GTO or 599 GTO + Challenge Stradale.

LARRYH likes this.
  22. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    1 of 186
    Last of the Bizzarrini engine, truly is a last of the Mohican

LARRYH and Boomhauer like this.
  23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I have thought about this.... a lot ....
    Yes, I have a Speciale, and will eventually trade to an SA.
    I have wanted a GTO for a long time but when the TDF came into play it’s the one I have been eyeing ....
    The manual SV’s are soo rare that they would be over $1 mil

Bundy and Boomhauer like this.
  24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Forget finding a manual SV. 6 to 9 out of 186 cars...None come up for sale. In fact, last one I saw for sale must've been around 2011, a Rosso Vik manual on Swiss plates I believe. Converting is the only way..Don't think you'll lose value either.

Love the TDF, especially in Azzurro Dino (dream spec for me that), but the 599 GTO is the one I truly love. I guess it's the Challenge Stradale - Scuderia thing...Love the Scuderia also but the CS will always be the one for me of those 2. Can't explain why.

Bundy and plastique999 like this.
  25. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Go all in for an f40.