F1 GRAN PREMIO Heineken D’ITALIA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 18 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAN PREMIO Heineken D’ITALIA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Most of the races start at 3 am for me!

Now, as for the red X denoting a closed pit, why don't they use that damned electronic Heineken board above pit entry? Get rid of the adverts on that board and just have a color status on it. Green for open and red for closed.

2. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I think he was on hards also. everyone else on med or soft

Nortonious likes this.
  3. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Any particular reason why you felt the need to capitalize the RACE part of "disgRACEfull" when describing LH's "attitude defying the stewards?"

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly my thoughts...Monza is one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) podiums in the world, with that crowd creating such an atmosphere (that is truly felt when Ferrari wins, or an Italian, or an Italian team).

Nembo1777 and Nortonious like this.
  5. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Of course. Even Toto said so...

"We can't see the signs, and this is just a sequence of events that screwed Lewis's race. Not happy, but you have to take it on the chin."

6. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    B/c GIO had pitted well after it was established the pit lane was closed.

Mercedes' initial complaint was whether or not they made it into the pits just before it was closed. Turned out they were just seconds too late.

Terra likes this.
  7. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Doesnt matter if this was the very very first time....fact is there were clear illuminated signs on the race track not to enter the pits...
    If this was sooooo confusing...why didnt lots of drivers enter the pit lane too?
    I think Lewis made a clear but understandable mistake, and like others have said, I am glad he did because it made the race an interesting and exciting one I dont believe this will prevent Lewis from becoming a champion again this year
    My problem with Lewis today was not with his mistake, was not with the penalty, it was his defiant run to the stewards to clarify or whatever his real purpose was....it was not his job to do that He should have stayed in the car, talk to his team manager and wait for the race re-start. Period.

JL350, Picchu88, jpalmito and 3 others like this.
  8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Explains it very well. The fact that the light is in a different place that traditional pitlights is irrelevant, this gets explained to every single driver during the driver meetings.

9. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Ohh...that was a typo on my part....this was a great RACE correct....?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  10. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Have you heard of, I don't know . . . . but I think it's called ADVERTISING MONEY?? vs. a red X that's rarely used. Yeah, I think I know how Liberty would answer.

11. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I didn't say I agreed with it, I'm pointing out what the argument is for Lewis vs. Gio. Both Mercedes & the commentators said the box can get confusing, esp. with Lewis looking towards his apex & listening to his engineer telling him to box right as everything is happening.

The damage is done, everyone accepted fault, and it made for an exciting race.

I'm concerned though, why there seems to be posts projecting skin color into the discussion....

Boomhauer and Bas like this.
  12. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Patently obvious cover story after being caught out.

william likes this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think you're trying too hard to see racial issues.

kes7u, Jakuzzi, Picchu88 and 3 others like this.
  14. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  15. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    It’s because LH arrived so much sooner than everyone else (to that section of the track exiting Parabolica) as he had a more than a 10 second lead over the field. The safety car was dispatched just 11 seconds after the Sector 3 yellow was thrown. Hence not enough time had elapsed for the field to compress. The very same moment the Safety Car was called the Pits were closed (exactly when Lewis was exiting the Parabolica which is obviously in very close proximity to pit entry). So by the time the rest of the field caught up, word had already gotten out amongst the other teams (including Bottas’ group) about the pit closure.

16. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The post looks deleted, but the same member did make a post earlier in the thread doing the samething by capitalizing "race" & insinuating Lewis was going to make a far-fetched accusation for why he was penalized.

I remember it b/c I was going to ask how one came to such a conclusion, but felt it would result in political discussion which the staff here has swiftly given people time outs for. Going to leave it at that due so.

17. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    So his RACE in “disgRACEfull” (sp) innocently/coincidentally refers to the Italian GP itself? Yeah, right . . .

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Looks to me you're grasping at straws. Not the first time you accused people of being racist.

kes7u, Jakuzzi, Picchu88 and 4 others like this.
  19. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    How did she get there so fast? Did she go via scooter also? Or maybe she was on Softs.

Jakuzzi, 375+ and jpalmito like this.
  20. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    People wanting to hate LH will always find a reason. I think the Sky commentator said it best: "Better to run over to the stewards now, than spend the rest of your life thinking you should have, now is the moment to do it". Guess we all want honest, real-talking drivers instead of PR machines, except when LH says or does anything.

He subsequently blasted through the field, finished P7 (Ocon was driving around at P7 8 seconds ahead with two laps to go!), took fastest lap & managed to still extend his lead in the WDC by 8 points on his main competitor. Not a bad day in the office after all.

It was nice to see Kimi battling for position ahead, he still got it! Give that man a Red Bull seat, he has all the experience and is maybe the only driver who won't be phased driving next to Max Verstappen

21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #446 Nembo1777, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Ouch that is rough....but on the other hand you are lucky to live in paradise:) Reminds me of a couple having a tearful goodbye next to me at Paris CDG airport and then she said... I will call you when I arrive in Tahiti.
    Hey lady no problem: I'll go!:D

22. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    OK so you didn't actually watch the race and now you're pissed-off.

Boomhauer and william like this.
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    err, isn't what he said exactly what happened though?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  24. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Very quick track.
    Now i'm afraid for the safety of the two scuderia drivers with such a car..

25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Mugello will be very challenging, lots of G's, and at the end of the race they will be knackered.
    One positive aspect of this year's calendar reshuffle is several new or practically new tracks. Portimao in Algarve will also be very interesting.

jpalmito and william like this.