F1 GRAN PREMIO Heineken D’ITALIA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 17 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAN PREMIO Heineken D’ITALIA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Blatant driver error?

And were you present in the steward's office during the conversation to verify whether Lewis complained or merely sought clarification?

william and A348W like this.
  2. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    That was quite a runoff. It also seem that halo helped for his safety.

3. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I'm a little sad that Gasly did not get to feel the crowd at monza with the Italian anthem.

It was also funny hearing McLaren post race. 2nd and 4th is super strong and they seemed disappointed. One more lap might have done it!

Bas and zygomatic like this.
  4. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Right anthem, wrong team.....congrats to them!

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    No you are forgetting Olivier Panis, winner of Monaco GP 1996, I can recall that one painfully as I was visiting California, horrible time difference, -9 hours. 4am wake up to watch the race

6. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    His objective(s) by going to the stewards' office is 100% irrelevant
    His job is to drive not to act as team manager
    The team manager's job is to be the interface between the drivers and the FIA
    His fast walk/ride to the stewards' office clearly demonstrated he did not simply want clarifications but instead he wanted to confront their decision
    He could have gotten clarifications later after the race, correct?
    What would he gain by getting clarifications right there, right then? Nothing
    It clearly shows ( to me ) his attitude is one of entitlement

fil, Picchu88, montegoblue and 2 others like this.
  7. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Is that the race you watched with me at my home?

Nembo1777 likes this.
  8. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Did Gasly "chin" the opposition today?

9. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    The halo seemed to have deflected some of those runoff tires from intruding into his cockpit and possibly smacking Leclerc's helmet.

10. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Entitlement? What? Look, he had the opportunity to talk to the stewards so he did. Nothing more, nothing less.

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yup, that was brutally early wasn't it...in Florida the time difference was only six hours.
    I loved the day at the Skeets Dunne estate that Sunday in Rancho Santa Fe, paradise!

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You know, even if Hamilton was to find a cure for cancer tomorrow, some people would find something deregatory to say about him.
    The guy can do nothing right ...

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I don't care for his BLM politics and his dread locks but as a driver he is phenomenal and very soon the absolute GOAT.

He clearly made a mistake today and paid the price for it. No biggie, made the race a lot more entertaining.

Boomhauer and william like this.
  14. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Those were the days. As well as the spirited drive on the backroads of San Diego in 250 GT Spider California LWB. Weren't you driving the 335 S Pontoon #0764?

15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Marc, I believe that Jeronimo GTO is referring to hearing the French and Italian national anthems for driver and team.

pilotoCS and Nembo1777 like this.
  16. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #416 Terra, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Might you recall the last time the pits were initially declared closed WHEN an F1 Safety Car was dispatched by officials?

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I wish!:) no I was driving 250tr 0748, a fabulous day.... midnight here going to bed, enjoy your Sunday!:)

Bas likes this.
  18. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    That’s right. I remember it being a Pontoon-boded car you were behind the wheel of that day. We also had 0764 during those times - - hence my confusion . . .

Nembo1777 likes this.
  19. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    He can go to the stewards' office if he want to, drivers have done it before. He is a grown man. There is no rule that says drivers are not allowed in that area. He can do it 3 times next race if he wants, he can drop by to give them coffee, not a problem at all.

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Bottas issues as noted by Mercedes -

Bottas reported a puncture, but the tyre pressure sensors didn't agree and there was no obvious damage to the car. There was a cooling problem on both Mercedes, but it was not limited to Bottas' car and was down to the team expecting cooler temperatures on race day rather than any damage or reliability issues.

The team was able to open up the bodywork under the red flag period to ease the cooling issue, but the problem persisted until the end of the race. Hamilton managed to fight from the back of the field to seventh, Bottas was only able to make up one place on track after the restart when he overtook Kimi Raikkonen for fifth.

After the race, the lack of performance was still something of a mystery.

"Before being disappointed we have to find out what happened to the car," Wolff said. "The car didn't turn well into the right-hand corners. Valtteri thought he had a puncture but we couldn't see anything on the data and that's why we kept him out.

"But on those right hand corners you could see that he was losing a few car lengths to the car in front. Obviously if that happens through Ascari and Parabolica even with DRS you cannot overtake. A driver wouldn't speak of a puncture right after the start if there wasn't anything."

21. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    And wtf was he doing in the steward's office in the first place? GIO got the exact same penalty but you didn't see him running to the stewards like a drama queen.

Lewis and Merc screwed up and got penalized (rightly so). It should have been left at that.

22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lewis's nanny went with him as well.

Jakuzzi, jpalmito, fil and 2 others like this.
  23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, but we are talking about Hamilton, so the dude can't resist having a pop at him on a forum, like if it really mattered.

24. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Nice to see a driver own up to a mistake.
    Although "pushed too hard on cold tires" was pretty obvious from the replay. ;)

25. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Well, after all, he's British. :p