F1 GRAN PREMIO Heineken D’ITALIA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 16 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAN PREMIO Heineken D’ITALIA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What I have proposed is giving the person who had pole position a WDC point and then scrambling randomly the top 6 spots. I think it would force the top drivers to do more in the beginning of the race than just run away with it.

After position 7, there's usually a lot of parity anyway.

2. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Just watch F2 instead. The likes of F2 and touring cars are for people who want epic races rather than excellence.

william likes this.
  3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    the reverse grid is a non sense.

PureEuroM3 and ingegnere like this.
  4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You can't help people who don't like winners, but prefer to worship losers.

ktu and Cavallino Nero Rampante like this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Lewis Hamilton visited the Formula 1 race stewards during the red flag period in the Italian Grand Prix to understand why he had received a 10-second stop/go penalty. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-italian-gp-stewards-visit/4870042/
    Hamilton was penalised after entering the pitlane while it was closed during Sunday's race at Monza, costing him the lead and dropping him to the back of the field.

The pitlane was closed shortly after the safety car was deployed so that Kevin Magnussen's stricken Haas car could be wheeled from the exit of the final corner back towards the garages.

Mercedes only became aware the pitlane was closed just as Hamilton came to pit entry, with Hamilton himself missing two boards denoting he should not enter the pits.

The stewards said Hamilton would have to serve a stop/go penalty during a red flag period caused by a big crash for Ferrari's Charles Leclerc, leading to a 30-minute stoppage.

During this period, Hamilton was shown on the TV feed going up to the stewards' offices in the Monza paddock before ultimately returning to his car. He went on to finish the race seventh after serving his penalty on the race restart.

Hamilton explained after the race that he had gone to the stewards to understand why the penalty had been awarded, having not seen any red light at pit entry.

"I came back, spoke to the team, they didn't have any video, and I just wanted to see what had been missed," Hamilton said.

"I could have sworn on the entry to the pitlane there was no red light. It wasn't to see Michael [Masi], it was to see the other stewards who made the decisions with penalties.

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    McLaren, with the allegedly hopeless Renault engine, would still be ahead of Racing Point without the 15-point penalty... McLaren will switch to Mercedes, but Renault (Alpine) should capitalise on this engine to do a better job.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  7. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Besides the fact that it wasn't the fastest cars up front and racing for the lead, I enjoyed this race a lot. Much better than the usual parade laps with Mercedes out front. Three different engines and teams all fighting for the lead...made remember what F1 used to be like.

8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The silly part is that the pit lane incident didn't need to happend, according to reports.
    Kevin Magnussen parked his stricken car next to an opening in the guardrail at the exit of the Parabolica.
    Instead of swiftly wheeling it off the track, the marshalls decided to push it for several hundred yards towards the pit lane entry, where it became an obstacle.
    Unwinttingly, that decided the outcome of the race

9. DF1

So track management and FIA need to decide what happens? Who directed the marshall's to move forward the car rather than interrupt the seating area of the Marshall's lol :)

10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Bottas: I have a puncture.

Radio: Nope.

Bottas: Broken wing.

Radio: Nope...

Bottas: Engine problem.

Radio: Please, stop.

11. DF1

Charles Leclerc says that his huge accident halfway through the Italian Grand Prix on Sunday was his fault as he pushed too hard on cold tyres.

jpalmito likes this.
  12. DF1

Seems the car was just not the same as on Saturday in 'feel' for him. Slow start and aero drag in traffic set him up to struggle unless there was damage. I ve seen nothing but they did appear to change parts during the red flag on pit lane??

13. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    Watching those race track workers today was like watching the keystone cops, them fumbling and jumbling all over each other. This was evident with Mags HAAS as well as Leclerc's Ferrari.

Monza Track Workers:

garrobitto and william like this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I find it funny......it made Bottas look like he was fishing for something.

15. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Hey everyone, lets all change our votes of the best driver of the race to Lewis for committing a blatant driver error, for challenging the punishment, for acting as a irritated team manager and climbing to the steward's offices to complain about their decision, and for recuperating positions using a vastly superior car.....wow....incredible drive!

fil, Bas, 05011994 and 4 others like this.
  16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

I do like losers like you say because they spice up life. In any case your boundless admiration of the dominant did not bring you any tranquility, the contrary rather.

fil and Nembo1777 like this.
  17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    brave guy with such a car !

fil, stavura, 635CSI and 4 others like this.
  18. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm beginning to think that "scuderia" is the name of chronic intestinal disease.

tifosi12, garrobitto and william like this.
  19. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    "scuderia" won today ... "Scuderia AlphaTauri":D

fil, pilotoCS, garrobitto and 4 others like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Alpha Taura may be "a scuderia", but usually we talk about THE SCUDERIA on this forum ! ;)

garrobitto likes this.
  21. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    11 June 1995 (9.219 days ago)
    Jean Alesi, winner of the Canadian GP

22. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    errrr 7th hey

23. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Looks like the email arrived too late !!!!

Great maiden win for Gasly and runner up Sainz.

I'm afraid to say Bintto is toast after this dismal performance, Leclerc clearly & bravely outdriving the car

garrobitto and jpalmito like this.
  24. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    The gap where he parked did not appear to be big enough for the car.

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

You have not understood his deep thought," this sequence of destiny is an absolute scandal that has come to hinder the natural order of things. That is, a victory for Hamilton and Mercedes"