Mick Schumacher | Page 28 | FerrariChat

Mick Schumacher

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Aug 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    william likes this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's the first time Schumacher is ahead of his team mate.
    So, some improvement there.

Senna1994, jpalmito and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound

stavura and subirg like this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    stavura, Nortonious and Igor Ound like this.
  6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Ticktum is another idiot

Bas likes this.
  7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Why ?
    I gather he doesn't fuel the car himself but relies on his team, no?

Thomas S. likes this.
  8. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I must say I’m very much enjoying F2 this year. Illott seems to get little publicity but is doing very well too. SF’s has no lack of driver talent in the pipeline. Just so many other problems. I wish that talents of up and coming engineers, tacticians, managers and aerodynamicists were as easy to asses. Without those the pilots‘ talents are wasted.

stavura, Thomas S., DF1 and 2 others like this.
  9. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    F2 has been sooo much better than F1 this year. Three drivers in a virtual tie late in the season. Mick continues to improve. His race starts lately have been nothing short of stellar.

stavura, Thomas S., Senna1994 and 2 others like this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I sense he's not pointing out to this particular moment.

subirg and Senna1994 like this.
  11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    he has a bit of history ..

Bas, Igor Ound and Senna1994 like this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Ticktum is a big idiot, and a sore loser...he's so bad that not even british fanboys like him...except perhaps william...

stavura, Bas and Nortonious like this.
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Regarding Ticktum exclusion: They couldn't provide the quantity of fuel required, following a leak in the tank.

In a statement by DAMS, Team Principal Francois Sicard said: “This fuel tank problem has been known to the championship organisers and their suppliers for several races, The tank in Dan’s car was serviced three races ago, but we still had an issue.”

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That's a heck of a start!!!!

15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Sounds like he’s gonna be 7 time WDC then...

stavura, Nortonious and furoni like this.
  16. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Ticktum is a nasty piece of work and makes the entire F1 grid look like it’s composed of angels. Here’s an example to illustrate:

“In 2015, Ticktum graduated to MSA Formulawith Fortec Motorsport.[4] He led the early rounds of the Championship, until an incident at Silverstone, where he purposely overtook several cars while under safety car conditions to crash into a rival, Ricky Collard. This saw him receive a two-year ban from motorsport, of which one year was a suspended ban.[5][6] As a result, he finished 6th in his first season of single seater racing.”

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Some young guns are rather loose cannon early in their career, until their testosterone level settles.

But then, we had Vettel banging wheels with Hamilton behind a safety car, just a couple of years ago ... o_O

Titcktum's story reminds me of Santiano Ferrucci

"Santino Ferrucci
    In July 2018, Ferrucci was banned from four F2 races (Hungary and Belgium) after making deliberate contact with his teammate Maini after the Sprint Race at Silverstone on the weekend of the British Grand Prix. He was also disqualified from the Sprint Race results at Silverstone for a separate incident when he deliberately forced Maini off the track. He was also found to have driven his car between the F2 and F1 paddock without one glove and while holding his phone, which resulted in a €6,000 fine.
    On July 18, Ferrucci was summarily fired by the Trident F2 team, citing behavioral issues, and non-payment of money required by contract.

Ferrucci went back to the States
    This year Ferrucci finished 4th at the Indy 500 driving for Dale Coyle Racing."

subirg likes this.
  18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Putting it mildly, he is a head case, and was kicked out of RB for his complaints and saying Mick was cheating in F3.

Ferrari 308 GTB and Bas like this.
  19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Could the issue possibly be::
    a) not putting enough fuel in the tank
    or
    b) using too much fuel during the race
    or
    c) both.

Bas likes this.
  20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Mick's F1 debut will be on Friday:

He'll drive the Alfa during one of the practice sessions.

Senna1994 likes this.
  21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Perfect for NASCAR.

22. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/09/09/schumacher-reportedly-making-f1-debut-at-mugello/

Mick Schumacher is reportedly set for a drive in FP1 at the Tuscan Grand Prix this weekend, according to German media.

The report, from German broadcaster RTL, suggests Ferrari-junior Schumacher will drive for either Alfa Romeo or Haas in the first session at Mugello.

Schumacher, who previously conducted a test with the Scuderia in Bahrain last year before driving his father Michael’s F2004 in a demonstration run at the 2019 German Grand Prix, has now earned his first taste of a proper Formula 1 race weekend after winning his first race of the 2020 Formula 2 season last Saturday at Monza.

One of three Ferrari juniors in the F2 title fight alongside Callum Ilott and Robert Shwartzman, Schumacher has long been touted for a jump to the top flight, with Scuderia boss Mattia Binotto keeping a keen eye on his progress.

And while it might be expected the eventual victor will be first choice for a promotion, Binotto said over the weekend that it wouldn’t be the deciding factor.

“I think more important for a driver is to see he is developing and I think that he’s showing the capacity of developing himself and to make progress,” he said.

Senna1994 likes this.
  23. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    To me, this isn't an either / or decision. There are plenty of seats freeing up in F1 in the near future. Alfa have two hopeless drivers in Kimi (too old) and Gio (too slow), and Haas have two hopeless drivers in Gro and Mag (both past it). So that's 4 slots. If I were Ferrari, I would look to take both Schu and Shwartz to F1 for two of those slots. However, I wouldn't pair them in the same team if possible as they could do with more experienced team mates as mentors to bring them on - at least for their first season.

DF1 and Thomas S. like this.
  24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I think that Kimi still has it, he would be the perfect teammate for a young driver like Schumacher or Shwartzman. Gio has had ample opportunity to show his stuff, time for him to move on. Haas could let either or both of their current drivers go--Grosjean is long past his "sell by" date. I could see going with Checo and Hulk for reliable results(WCC points what they desperately need) or one of them with one of the youngsters.

subirg likes this.