Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 205 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Steering wheel in a word is GREAT. Even if I don't go to the F8 I will 100% change the steering wheel.

2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    With the law makers HID lights had to have washers but also the dip feature.

Most will be aware that if you want the lifter you also had to get the dipper, that's because of the HID lights.

Now that they are LED's the dip feature is not required. But I bet you Ferrari will always continue with this, want lifter must tip the dipping feature also.

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The car was fitted with the Pirelli P Zero. Cup 2 or PS4S would have resulted in seamless acceleration from 0-60.

mdrums and PTG1 like this.
  4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Brookes will do a tire mod. He’ll figure out how to dial the stock car in as good as can be. I predict this winter he’ll sub 9.9/10 at 140-142 at the drag strip in this car. Just behind his 720S.

5. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Same cost here in Florida for my 488 spider.

SoCal to az likes this.
  6. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    You can do that?! Really?

7. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    I found the F8 steering the most initially apparent improvement over the 488's. Its obvious from the first turn of the steering wheel that Ferrari have given it a great deal of thought..Controls are more intuitive, the thinner and smaller rim offer better feel and precision which makes it much easier to use..

MANDALAY, Ash Patel and Coincid like this.
  8. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    LOL especially if you have bugs on your lights!

9. Brent Gust

Brent Gust Rookie

Dec 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    Brent Gust
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    My first post here. I’ve been enjoying the commentary here for the last couple years while owning a Grigio silverstone 488 which I loved. But I opted to take the plunge and order my first new Ferrari and just took delivery of a rosso mugello F8. I’m beyond ecstatic! As others have mentioned the car is simply brilliant. I can’t get over how refined it is in all aspects, for better or worse. Whoever compared it to a Bentley a while back has a point to some degree when driven calmly around town. The bumpy road setting is ridiculously competent for daily driving. But get on some backroads and keep the revs up and it’s an adrenaline binge that is well worth the price of admission. Overall, the car feels surprisingly different than the 488 in regards to steering, gearbox and speed of revs. As others have mentioned, i think the 488 sounded better, but I’m ok with the trade off. It’s not quite as disappointing sounding as some reviews make it out to be. It’s no Aston V12, but it’s certainly not a Tesla. I have a gt3 touring which satisfies my need for a manual high rev screamer, so I’m ok with the compromises made for the F8 with turbo/GPF etc. Anybody on the fence about getting an F8, don’t hesitate, you’ll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

elmadi, stavura, Cigarzman and 15 others like this.
  10. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Yep totally agree. My 488 has PZero and I want new tires so bad for my car.

sampelligrino likes this.
  11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Great first post! Welcome. A touring is my next addition to the garage as soon as our new house is built. Would love to see a side by side pic of your cars.

sampelligrino and Spider68 like this.
  12. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Love Mugello. Congratulations on your car. Drive it in the best of health...T

13. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I would argue the whole interior upgrade from the 458 and 488 seriers including the steering wheel is one of the biggest improvement and not one day too late as the 458 and 488- series interior looks dated.

I think in the current lineup the F8 has the nicest interior of them all (SF90, Roma, 488 Pista, 812), it's perfect balance between a racy and elegant interior.

GT2goneF and Coincid like this.
  14. Brent Gust

Brent Gust Rookie

Dec 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    Brent Gust
    Thanks! A side by side is coming soon...a fall foliage road trip is around the corner.

SoCal to az likes this.
  15. Brent Gust

Brent Gust Rookie

Dec 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    Brent Gust
    Totally agree regarding the interior. It’s a significant improvement in layout, aesthetics, and quality. I finally understand the temperature control

Ash Patel likes this.
  16. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Congratulations!! Interior pictures when you can

17. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    Welcome to Ferrari chat and what an amazing introduction and first post.I have a Grigio Ferro 488GTb and used to have a Grigio Silverstone 458 and had a long drive in an F8 last Wednesday..I was so impressed i'm now considering getting one which will be my first brand new Ferrari like you..I'm not going to pay the extra for a historical colour yet i want something different to the Greys i've had..Rosso Scuderia is to my liking however i'm also very drawn towards Rosso Mugelo as it will be different and less generic then RC..
    I'd really appreciate your views on the Mugelo on your stunning F8 and some more pictures when you have time to help my decision..

18. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    The F8 steering wheel shouldn’t be possible to retrofit in a 488 since the F8 has button functions that the original 488 doesn’t have.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The more you drive it the more you will appreciate how special it is.

20. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Congrats and Go Boilers!

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Yep just $$$$

22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Doesn't matter its all controlled electronically. The issue I said is $$$ and having a competent Ferrari tech who actually knows what he is doing.

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California

Absolutely and undeniably, not arguably, it is the best interior. I was considering getting a 488 Pista instead of waiting for my F8 order to be initiated into production. I found myself wanting to pull my order and switch to a Pista... However there are 3 things I can't get over with the Pista (and this is solely my opinion and my taste, not trying to impose over anybody's opinion or taste): the Pista's dated plain two tail light rear, the absolute and strong (in your face) racing appearance (particularly the rear) and the lackluster interior (seems almost as an afterthought).

So I am still waiting....

24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    BTW, Congratulations! Many miles of happiness and health. And if not many then, good quality happy healthy miles.

25. Brent Gust

Brent Gust Rookie

Dec 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    Brent Gust
    I had the exact same thought process you described. I’d never owned a red car so it felt the right way to go. Make sure you see Mugello in person though as it’s not for everyone. I saw it once in person and really liked it. Blood red is best description. Here it is next to a rosso corsa 812. Both great colors, so can’t go wrong in my eye. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, racerdj and MANDALAY like this.