Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 148 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Ferrari's dual clutch was designed by Ferrari and Magna
    https://www.magna.com/company/newsroom/releases/release/2019/12/11/news-release---magna-powers-ferrari-sf90-stradale-with-innovative-dual-clutch-transmission

Ferrari has a very unique dual clutch transmission, no one else has it (resulting from their F1 track experience/development), but, why are we talking about a device that is designed to move power around.

So, sounds like you are totally ready for a Ferrari with no engine and only an electric drivetrain designed by some other non-Ferrari company because Ferrari does not have in-house expertise to do so, much less 70+ years worth of it...

Please realize the current 'push' to hybrid then to 'EV' will not stop there, the ultimate goal is complete eradication of all personal motorized transport....

https://epha.org/new-euro7-standards-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-for-polluting-vehicles/

"The new Euro 7/VII standards will contribute to a modal shift from car-based cities to walking, cycling, and public transport, wherever possible"

So, you are correct, you will not have a choice (for new), so get them while you can, that is, I am referring to actual Ferraris with a powertrain by Ferraris' decades of experience has resulted in the development thereof.

ferrarifanatic25 and of2worlds like this.
  2. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Yes, there is still a choice,that of not buying !

MANDALAY likes this.
  3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Meh, no need to lecture me, I knew that.

But the gearbox that they've been using till now is Getrag. I wouldn't kick out of my bed a Monza SP just because it has Getrag gearbox. Would you?

4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Indeed. I personally like the old and the new, for different reasons.

And the day they stop making cars... well there is people who still rides horses.

elmadi, x z8 and jpalmito like this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Yes I have a choice don't by the crap electric. So we can go faster so what ?? We are already fast enough, Electric motors define the character of the car ? Seriously ?
    If you welcome the movement to Hybrid and then total EV congratulations !!!!! Enjoy it. And if you are buying a SF90 and getting peed off with these comments sorry. Enjoy your SF90 to the enth degree !. I genuinely hope you don't have electrical issues especially due to the covid and cars being pushed off the production line. More importantly will a 3 year warrantee be sufficient for the battery and auxiliaries required.

Dela likes this.
  6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Look, as I've said, what we like is not important. We are just a bunch of "purists". We can complain forever but... when they sold only 10 California's with manual gearbox the writting was on the wall. Today you need to be into the hybrid thing or you're out of the picture.

I think that all things can be done right or wrong. I don't feel that a Ferrari hybrid can't be interesting just because it's hybrid. Having said that, the SF90 probably is not the Ferrari hybrid I'd buy, just like I wouldn't buy a F355 F1 because that auto gearbox was still a bit raw. Yet, I don't see that F355 F1s are being given for free because nobody wants them.

x z8 likes this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I here where you are coming from but that doesn't mean I have to change my view.

The SF 90 want be the control ground due to the price. Lets see the double wammy of going down to 6 cylinders , hybrid and lower priced LB does with volumes. the people will vote . It really needs to be so much better than the SF 90. MUCH BETTER , will it , I don't think so.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Nobody is asking to change your view.

There always will be horses.

x z8 likes this.
  9. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Hahaha!

That is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The Chief don't like no headlights under glass and those knock-off spinners belong on a chariot. You gotta send that 1969 Daitona back!
    When I had a horse and chariot they got me for littering fodder byproducts. :(

11. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Yeah, I remember an interview with Roberto Fedeli published by Autocar (if I'm not mistaken), where he said Ferrari spent 10M$+ in R&D to developed a manual gearbox for the California and only two new models were ordered with such an option. At the end of the day, technology moves forward..

x z8 and of2worlds like this.
  12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Magna International own Getrag and have renamed it Magna PT. So one and the same company. New gearbox design on the SF90 obviously as it’s now an 8-speed.

And, no, I wouldn’t kick a Monza SP out of bed - even if it had no transmission, let alone a Getrag. I had a Getrag DCT equipped car and loved it.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and Igor Ound like this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You must have an impressive bed...

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    ScottJon likes this.
  15. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Charles and Seb having some fun with the SF90.

Edit: playback might be blocked on Ferrarichat.com. Click on "Watch on YouTube" if that happens.

elmadi, Igor Ound and Maggio23 like this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  18. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #3698 Igor Ound, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020

Attached Files:

of2worlds likes this.
  19. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Looking forward to TG's first new episode with the SF90.

Tackleberry, Maggio23 and F2003-GA like this.