Williams F1 | Page 33 | FerrariChat

Williams F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by BJMoravek, Mar 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    [​IMG]

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Williams Grand Prix Engineering Board Announcement
    03 Sep 2020

Williams Grand Prix Engineering today announces that Matthew Savage, Darren Fultz and James Matthews will make up the company’s new Board of Directors following Dorilton Capital’s acquisition of the team that was announced on 21 August.

Matthew Savage is the Chairman of Dorilton Capital. Dorilton is a private investment firm headquartered in the United States and Matthew has led the team since its inception in 2009. Prior to founding Dorilton, Matthew was with Rothschild for 22 years in both London and New York advising clients regarding M&A and restructuring transactions.

Darren Fultz co-founded Dorilton Capital in 2009 and became CEO in 2018. Prior to this he held positions with Rothschild where he provided corporate finance and M&A advice and with C3i and ZS Associates where he provided sales and marketing strategy and analytics advice. Darren sits on the Board of Directors at all of Dorilton’s portfolio companies.

James Matthews is the CEO of Eden Rock Group, an investment advisory firm headquartered in London that was established in 2001. James is a former British racing driver and the co-founders of Eden Rock have a background in motorsports spanning more than 30 years.

The new Board recognises and appreciates the importance of retaining Williams’ heritage and culture and will continue to work with the senior management to leverage its capabilities to return it to racing competitively.

https://www.williamsf1.com/news/2020/09/williams-grand-prix-engineering-board-announcement

2. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    or maybe someone who can actually lead the design team towards making a competitive car and have it finished in time for testing...

3. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Claire: "Over my dead body!"
    Everyone else: "Yep."

4. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
    Bye Claire! I wish see more women on key position in the future...

5. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I knew this was going to happen, but I didn't know it was going to happen right away. Claire must have been a real PITA for this to happen so quickly.

garrobitto likes this.
  6. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
  7. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I simply don't understand the drivel in these press releases. Why can't anyone simply state the truth:

Claire: I would like to have continued my work in order to try to take Williams back to the front of the grid, but the new owners at Dorilton Capital have decided to go in a different direction.

Dorilton Capital: We thank Claire for her hard work and years of service, but have decided to go in a different direction.

It is obvious that this was not her choice and like everyone else this happens to, she does not want to spend more time with her family.

I will just never understand why both sides can't just admit the truth. No harm done.

Kevin

8. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Williams is just the latest to suffer the reality of the 21st century. It's all just packaging now. Could this also be the future of Ferrari F1. Leave the motor car with Fiat and have an outside investor group (Stroll?) run Ferrari F1...(removing the F1 money pit from Fiat's books). After the death of Enzo, the whole operation was always just outsiders managing (or mismanaging) a "brand name." Much as Porsche is now just a brand name, run by conglomerates who make money off the name but have no personal connection to the history of the company. The owners and drivers of Ferraris (and Porsches) are the ones who care about what the name use to mean, and its history. That's why we mourn its current condition. Maybe some employees also share the sadness, but I believe the folks running the operation only care about how they look and they'd jump ship for a better offer at first chance.

william and garrobitto like this.
  9. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Everyone else: "That can be arranged!"

10. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Not a good week for Williams, with Lotus also cancelling Evija contract with WAE, suspect all linked.

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I agree with that.
    Lotus without Chapman, Ferrari without Enzo, Porsche without Ferry, McLaren without Ron Dennis, Aston Martin without David Brown will never be the same.
    They were the men who built the success and give and impetus to their companies.
    The heritage of these famous firms is carried over by enthusiasts and probably not by their new owners more interested by the balance sheet.
    That's why I couldn't be sentimental about any team.

12. amerikalei

amerikalei Karting

May 23, 2011
    Well, it seemed like a good day to pull out Doug Nye's book Racers (published 1982) one more time. Quite a story. Hats off to all they achieved across the years.

13. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    How many British owned teams are left now?

14. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Private equity guys running the show. You will pardon if my confidence is low.

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

None, by the look of it.

16. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Can they do a worse job that the previous management?

Igor Ound likes this.
  17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    When you let "money people" collect billions and billions and pay virtually no taxes, stuff like this happens.

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  19. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Bas likes this.
  20. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. https://theparcferme.com/sir-frank-and-claire-williams-to-leave-f1-after-monza/?fbclid=IwAR18DUYrrxh1nCr0ivpBQxGZuZDP3gHFZV5xOk8lbMOlX5fHKPuZeJX6Caw

I hate to see williams leave a family team but they really are backmarkers and I don't see how they can return to former glory without a huge injection of cash and talent. OTOH we accepted a team that came from selling soft drinks pretty quick. The world loves winners. We will see what the next guys can do. They can't do much worse than Ferrari...

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That's the bottom line.

22. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    This makes Christian Horner the current most experienced team boss at 16 years.

23. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    About time he goes too...

24. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Williams
    Royalty link in new three-man Williams board following family exit

Williams Grand Prix Engineering has unveiled a new three-man board of directors following the departure of the Williams family.

Dorilton Capital's acquisition of the team has led to two of the US-based private investment company's board in chairman Matthew Savage and co-founder Darren Fultz taking up positions.

The third member is James Matthews, a former British racing driver, who is the brother-in-law of Prince William.

In 2017, Matthews married Pippa Middleton, who is sister to the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton.

The 45-year-old, co-founder and CEO of Eden Rock Group capital management, previously competed in the British F3 Championship, while in 1994 he won the British Formula Renault Championship and Eurocup Formula Renault before embarking on a career as a city trader the following year.

As yet, no announcement has been made as to who will take up the day-to-day running of Williams F1, although the team has stated it will "ensure this is clear ahead of Mugello", referring to next weekend's Tuscan Grand Prix.

A statement from the new board declared that it "recognises and appreciates the importance of retaining Williams’ heritage and culture and will continue to work with the senior management to leverage its capabilities to return it to racing competitively".

The new board members take over from Mike O'Driscoll, Group CEO, Claire Wiliams, Mark Biddle, general counsel and company secretary, chief financial officer Doug Lafferty, while Nick Rose served as non-executive chairman and Brad Hollinger a non-executive director.