Airline pilots see 'a guy in a jetpack' flying 3,000 feet over LA | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Airline pilots see 'a guy in a jetpack' flying 3,000 feet over LA

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by ylshih, Sep 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Either way with a 10 min endurance pretty ballsy/stupid to go tot hat altitude and esp in controlled airspace.
    I often think thta in our airbagged society most people have lost the ability to think or stop themselvs from stupid actions

Boomhauer and tritone like this.
  2. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    Boomhauer and tritone like this.
  3. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Given the fact that EVERYONE has a cell phone/AKA camera these days, why can't someone in the cockpit get a shot of this jetpack? Is everyone busy flying the plane? I thought they were just about able to fly themselves by now, and the humans were just up there because of the union requirements? (of course no offense meant to any of the actual pilots on the board........:cool:):oops:

4. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I believe the airliners in this area are pretty busy with vectors to/from a primary airport. Both pilots are active either flying or talking. Also would be surprising if any cell phone picture would have good resolution with all the background clutter of the LA basin.

tritone likes this.
  5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    The main reason is because taking a picture below 10,000 feet (sterile cockpit) would be a violation, and if it went viral, the FAA (and the company) would certainly find out. No one wants to lose their job for something like this.

tritone likes this.
  6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    How many planes have a camera in the tail or elsewhere on the fuselage or wings? It's a feature I know some offer for passengers to get a view through the seatback entertainment systems. My dad helped design the A380 camera system (CVMS) that included cameras for security and cargo areas too. Seems like this should have been done on all planes a while back for safety purposes and not just blackbox audio recording and telemetry data.