Why so many 812 coupes up for resale? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why so many 812 coupes up for resale?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Jerry Kennelly, Aug 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    Not a huge fan of FoA especially in the service area. I take my 458 to Moorespeed. FoA does have some really nice cars for sale and there is a lot of money in Austin. Can't take the car downtown however, too many kooks.

wrs likes this.
  2. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    How many 812 GTS’s will be made?

3. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    I’m curious...what do the kooks do there????

4. F12finally

F12finally Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2020
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Robinson
    I would love to know where these 3 cars are to check out please.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Same.

And would love a lead on late model f12 with race seats only, Grigio exterior.

6. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Gh21631 likes this.
  7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  8. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    They have 3 reviews and the bad review was based on a delivery. Looks like a new dealer/seller? I don't know if they are good/bad, just passing along the info

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  10. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    colonels likes this.
  11. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    Riot in the streets near the Capitol, hassle people for money, walk around terribly drunk and give crap to people generally but especially people in nice cars.
    Virtually every street corner has a panhandler on it. The policy has been "all are welcome here" and it is a sanctuary city. There are many homeless living there. K2 (crack) cigs are plentiful and $.50 each. My friend is a first responder out of Fire Station #1 and informs my opinion as well as my own observations.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. F12finally

F12finally Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2020
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Robinson
    I thought he was referring to 812 for $260K

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. ChairmanJohn

ChairmanJohn Rookie

Mar 5, 2013
    Bucks UK
    That’s interesting- if it’s a world wide fixed number then that’s probably OK for GTS. How many 812 SF’s did they make?

14. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    #39 Whipcity76, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    All very interesting comments. I like seeing some continuity to the order process. I agree, having seen way more 812 coupes than expected. I also thought the Berlinettas were supposed to be a limited build. That said, this might be the swan song for normal aspirated V12 engine. Whether the factory goes with a hybrid set-up, I am really pleased to have a NA car in the collection. I still have heartfelt thoughts about letting my 458gts go just because the dealer said the 488gts was a much better car. So, yes, took delivery of ‘20 812 Coupe in October ‘19, only to see the GTS being announced. Anyway, dealer was willing to let me order-up a GTS, though the Berlinetta would have to go in on trade. Now, someone back aways mentioned: GTO!? Anyone have a “skinny” on that model?

15. Tim Ryan

Tim Ryan Karting

Jul 3, 2020
    Lincoln, California
    Full Name:
    Tim Ryan
    The Dealer at San Francisco Ferrari told me that there will only be 1000 812 GTS's made over all.

16. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Before covid went full steam , maybe early feb , as I placed my gts order , my dealer said he thought the gto was happening and the odds for me to get on the list was to pick up a Portofino since I just picked up my sf. I thought of maybe since wife was up for a car & might be interested . We went back and played w / the configurator , was offered a discount, had a June spot ready but after thinking about it she opted out. Anyways he really couldn't promise the gto was happening or that I really could be in line. That said she'll get something else & I'll just stop these upgrades at the gts & be done. This game is getting very expensive. :(

17. Whipcity76

Whipcity76 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2015
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Know completely about spousal transportation. Very top priority. Curious about what a 812 GTO would be. Kinda go back to the 599 days to see bells and whistles not on a normal 599 and a few “tricks”. Yeah, similar thoughts about the start of Covid-19. Had configurations done on the GTS back in January. Saw dealer last week and the “list” which tells where you are for production. Don’t think I’ll hear much of anything ‘till the beginning of ‘21. Am in no hurry. It’s like I don’t have anything else to drive..LOL.

18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I was just in looking at the 812 GTS today and talked to my SA about the number of 812s on the market. They had a new one and one used one on the floor. He said there is absolutely no way to get a new one any longer and that the existing cars are selling fast. They sold 25 cars last month he told me. He also claimed that prices are going up. He told me that if I wanted a GTS he would take my deposit but it might be 2 years before it was filled so clearly they will be making them for a while. Ferrari is giving priority to current 812 owners for new GTS orders.

I did like the spec they had for the GTS and it sounded fine when I started it up. There are things I don't like about it though and I am not sure I will order one. I really like my 812 as it is and since my wife has the Portofino I can use that for a drop top if I want. I think the 812 is a fantastic car and I suspect the inventory of them will decline with time.

19. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No.

Marcel Massini

20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Did he also say that he's paying more for used SFs? Didn't think so. Prices going only one way and its not up.

ChipG and ryalex like this.
  21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I didn't ask because I am not planning on selling mine anytime soon. I like it too much to consider that.

22. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I dropped mine off a couple of weeks ago at FofSV and will let you know how it goes. GF over cuoio...super clean and nice spec so we shall see. Loving my GTS so ok to let it go.

wrs and vraa like this.
  23. Veloce12

Veloce12 Karting

Aug 19, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Brady
    WhipCity76
    see pm pls

24. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I thought that number was closer to 1500-2000. I know it will only be produced for 2 years.

25. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    It's the best situation for everyone because wholesale is way down, and yet they get to charge more! :rolleyes:

Solid State likes this.