Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I actually wasn't being facetious or sarcastic. I'm a kid at heart, and when Leclerc donned this suit, it made me smile. I just fundamentally don't care what people wear in their personal time. What I care about are championships and points. It's been said that Micheal Jordan is one of the worst dressed athletes of all time. Again, since I don't look to Jordan for fashion sense, his ability to be a dandy just doesn't occupy my mind space.

If Lando Norris wants to wear a dress, who am I to judge? I'm not engaged in a beauty competition with him. (Though I think I would lose)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

william likes this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #352 paulchua, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    You have a good point; while cringing every time Hamilton wins, it's not because of him specifically, but because my favorite team is Ferrari.
    That said, I do respect his accomplishments. So when there are detractors, I think there might be something I'm missing. I'm genuinely open to hearing the why/how folks hate him.

So far, I hear it's because he's overrated, which perhaps he is. To me, a fair criticism. This criticism is acceptable and does not impune his character, but his record and his accomplishments. - I think every top athlete is subjected to this examination - so par for the course.

On the personal side, folks don't like his activism and personality. I admit, I only see a curated slice of his persona during race weekends. I neither am his friend nor even acquaintances. I can't say I understand Hamiltons' inner psyche. I don't follow him outside the races, so he's supposed theatrics not exposed to me.

Given some criticisms are primarily political, I can understand and even sympathize with it - but due to forum rules - we'll need to carry on that conversation in the P&R forum where I will be happy to most likely agree with the critique.

3. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Interesting, i'm waiting for everyone to include Leclerc and Norris when dress code bashing

william likes this.
  4. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Hold-up

Charles is endorsed by Armani....class & style when at public events instead of his bedroom.

Norris in a dress was more fun than showing up to a prestigious event.

Lewis's "formal" wardrobe needs alot of help.

But Lewis's on-track performance is great!!

paulchua likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #355 paulchua, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    Remember Micheal Jordan is a terrible dresser, Lionel Messi? Same thing

Point I'm making is this is an F1 forum, not GQ. That said, I'm not implying people should not be able to discuss if they think Hamilton is an attractive man.

I simply don't care what he wears. Not my thing. If one likes to analyze if Hamilton is handsome or not, be my guest. If you want to discuss if a shirt makes him look good or not, I see no issue.

My only point is clothes does not disqualify a person's physical achievements on field (motorsport or otherwise)

Boomhauer, bmwracer and william like this.
  6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Nope, they won't get a pass from me, those outfits were not my taste. Some of Hamilton outfits i can't do as well.
    But Ham can do both outlandish or conservative:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    At any rate it seems that he brings more interest than other drivers as they seem more boring at times

william and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I know i don't care what drivers wear either, but its something interesting in between races, guess i'm bored

william and paulchua like this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It's all in good fun. If folks like to talk about how good looking or not good looking Hamilton is, I see nothing wrong. It's also not politics or religion, so double okay. Just because I don't look at Hamilton that way doesn't mean I'm implying others can't or shouldn't study his physical attractiveness.

Again, my only point is what one puts on shouldn't have a bearing on their achievements on the track. Micheal Jordan can be a nudist; I'll still call him the GOAT of basketball; just because I don't have an interest in Jordan's physical appearance, it doesn't mean I don't understand some men may wish to focus on it. Furthermore, I see nothing wrong with the men that do like to think about Jordan or Hamilton's physical attributes, particularly if they find their choice of dress handsome or not. Just not my business to tell somebody they can't focus on Hamilton's beauty or lack thereof.

william and ktu like this.
  9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    No risk of being banished by talking about clothes. Politically correct but not relevant to what Lewis introduced as a substantive discussion.

10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    If you were pulling in $1M per week, how would you dress ??

11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    My wardrobe probably wouldn't change much, although that's easy to say now lol

william likes this.
  12. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    You guys know with Lewis visiting fashion shows & being involved with folks of that industry, much of what he's wearing is due to partnerships or close relationships. It looks silly as all hell to us, but he's wearing legitimate products that are readily available & I'm sure the designers enjoy the products being out there. Whether or not Lewis actually enjoys those clothes, I don't know, but I would wager much of Lewis' focus in that industry is so he can set himself up with a new career after Formula 1 as either some sort of designer or major brand ambassador (like I believe he is Hilfiger?).

Seems like a silly topic to poke at, though & reinforces that some folks see nothing he does (racing, activism, clothes) as worth any amount of positive response.

spider_s, ricksb, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  13. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Any way I wanted to

ktu likes this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Good points.
    I know many clothing stylists (especially up and coming) give celebrities free clothes to get exposure. I'm sure some of these choices are most likely a 'favor.' Ala - "Pirates Shirt" from Seinfeld.

All this said.

Here at Fchat, we want to create a spirit of openness and inclusiveness: I understand why some men may find this topic of particular interest. You are welcome here.

15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

A touch nicer of the same I wear now!!

16. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Is Lewis into watches? I believe he is into expensive supercars and I believe he is into (super...) yachts too, but watches? Not sure...overall he seems to have good taste

17. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    #367 ypsilon, Sep 5, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Love the thread title, still makes me smile everytime I see it.

The simple joys of live. ;)

Nortonious and Igor Ound like this.
  18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    ricksb likes this.
  19. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    As they are a Mercedes sponsor, IWC gives him a drawer full of watches every season. He may or may not collect other brands but he'd be a fool to be season in public wearing anything other than an IWC.

Of course, this thread is "Lewis Hamilton is an Idiot". So who knows . . .

paulchua likes this.
  20. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Not gonna deal with this, as Yin is on it, but you all need to cut our posting P and/or R in here unless you want to get smacked by the ban hammer, and expect there are some already on the way.
    D

21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #372 ylshih, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Igor Ound & fer312t 30 day thread ban. Brief allusion to P&R.

GerryD & john owen, 7 day site bans. P&R posts.

22. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #373 jimmyb, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    So, name the guy, in the last 20 years, that WON the F1 drivers title that did NOT have the BEST car that season.
    I'll wait.
    How's Vettel done since he left Red Bull? If he's as great as you imply, what's the problem?

Senna1994 likes this.
  23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Alonso 2012

Giallo 550 and Igor Ound like this.
  24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Raikkonen didn't have the best car in 2007.

If Lewis is so great as implied, why was he titleless between 2009 and 2013? Having a good enough car matters...