F8 - Ordering F8 Spider vs. Lambo Aventador S | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Ordering F8 Spider vs. Lambo Aventador S

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by harrish, Aug 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Your test drive is not the norm. Too many have tested the F8 under less than demanding conditions. Sounds like the test car was fitted with Pirelli P Zeros. The Michelins allow the F8 to exploit its tenacious grip and precise cornering and handling.

albert328gts likes this.
  2. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Is there a way to know which tires it comes from when it arrives from factory?

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The default tires are the Pirellis. The Michelins are an option that must be specified at the time of specing the car or shortly thereafter.

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes! Amazing car.. I love mine! It pulls at the heart that one.

5. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Congrats and the wait will be worth it. Are you going with Blu Corsa or another color?

6. harrish

harrish Rookie

Apr 20, 2007
    NJ and S. FLA
    yes blu Corsa

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Just tell them that you don't want Pirellis. The MPSS is a no cost option and some cars come with those.
    Unless you track or live in a very warm climate, don't bother with the Cup 2. They offer more grip, but only at high temps. Between 20 and 50 C the MPSS and MPS4S offers the most grip.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

fivegolfers likes this.
  8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  9. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Both gorgeous. I'll admit that the AV being as big and wide as it is does have tremendous road presence.

10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
  11. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    and faster!

Softman likes this.
  12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Ash Patel and Boomhauer like this.
  13. Russell Babb

Russell Babb Rookie

Sep 8, 2018
    Bella Vista, Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Russell Babb
    First, the Califoria and Portifino are nothing like the 488 or F8. You need to drive one or both of those to appreciate. Outside of that the Aventador and F8 are radically different cars. I love the sound of the Aventador, and who doesn't like the scissor doors. I don't care for how cramped they are, or the extremely limmited space they have. I travel in my 488 comfortably. Biggest disappointment wwith the Aventador is the antiquated sigle clutch. If I had to choose one, it would be the F8.

14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    fivegolfers likes this.
  15. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Well I own a Cali T Handling Speciale and found it to have the best handling, shifting, and exhaust coming out of that model line. Given my height, it's also very comfortable and edgy in every respect. That's the problem with the Portofino, not just light steering but it lacks the verve of the Cali T HS and drives more like an SL which I owned prior to getting the HS. I recently had the opportunity to drive the new F8 Tributo coupe at the Ferrari dealership when it was available and was impressed with the great visibility and drivability but disappointed with the tame exhaust and consequently, lack of excitement. Ferrari is heading down a path of environmental consciousness so I would recommend the 812 Superfast if you're considering the Aventador. Both are eye watering beasts to the eye but the Superfast is a more well rounded and refined supercar and it's likely to be a collector car over time as it's the last naturally aspirated 12 cylinder (like the Aventador) with a wicked exhaust to boot. I once owned a Gallardo RWD Bicolore and the exhaust and thrill it gave was mindboggling but visibility was aweful not to mention very difficult to get in and out. The EVO is stunning and exhaust breathtaking but also designed to drive looking straight ahead. My neighbor has a 488 GTB and the exhaust is noticeably more pronounced than the F8 Tributo. Ferrari should simply dial up the exhaust or provide a dealer installed sport exhaust option that will not void the warranty. Otherwise, the F8 is just beautiful and easy to drive.

dustman likes this.
  16. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    Both are incredible machines. I'm curious though as why you are not considering a V12 Ferrari? Say, an 812 Superfast?

gewinnste likes this.
  17. perry01010

perry01010 Rookie

Apr 1, 2014
    Lambos are for people that want to be seen, Ferrari’s are for people that have already arrived, class vs all hat no cattle Aka posers

18. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Have driven both it really depends on what you are looking for. I would buy an AVs in a heartbeat but can't fit it in any of my garages in town (too wide). The F8 is more nimble and playful and the steering is so direct, even more direct then te 458s, it's a very fun car to drive.

But in the end, the AV is the one that gives me goose bumps on the down-shifts, in tunnels, just in cruising speed enjoying that glorious engine and just walking up to it, and for me that is all what the super-car experience should be about. I for one think the AV drives incredible good for such a big car, and no cars except maybe some hypercars have the presence of it, that alone is something you have to experience, people really go crazy, that and the sound is something Ferrari just can't match - and yeah, off course battery life ;)

19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Made me laugh. I guess the Perf and AV Ring records were by posers, eh?
    It’s this dated stereotype that upsets real car lovers.

nickorette, Shark01, VAF84 and 3 others like this.
  20. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    +1

Boomhauer likes this.
  21. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    ehmm so what does that make me who has both brands, or might that be criminal and I have to choose "side" and sell one of them?

22. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    I like the convertible aspect and I also like the killer looks of the F8.

23. harrish1985

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Hi Ash -- great points! I do agree that the experience and sound in the AV is visceral. Having driven the F8 I must admit though it just felt more like a driver's car, much more connected to the road and with endless / effortless power to boot. The spec I chose is exotic enough where I'm confident I won't ever get bored of the super car feel every time I walk up to it. Blu Corsa is a stunning color and I chose cream / nero alcantara interior with carbon fiber details all through out.

Boomhauer and Ash Patel like this.
  24. Both are great cars.

Just had a test drive in the F8 and used to own a 488, and have driven an Aventador S (as part of company's rental fleet).

Aventador is like the girl you take to a rave to do lines of "Vitamin E"

The F8 is like the girl you take to a holiday office party, and then renting a room afterwards for some champagne and caviar.

Both fun, just depends what kind of fun you're looking for.

BLAMPEE and Ash Patel like this.
  25. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This comment is stereotypical which in all circumstances is a generalization predicated on prejudice and devoid of reality. Many in this forum, including myself, currently own or have owned both brands and others.I surmise that would make us schizophrenic.

Boomhauer likes this.