Do your brakes squeak this bad? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Do your brakes squeak this bad?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by russellmcg, Aug 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Too much wrong with what you write to even try and take it all apart.

First off, and this is FACT. ALL BRAKES USE THE SAME DISC AND PAD MATERIAL. That's just how it is. You clearly don't know why they changed part numbers. I suggest you look into why, and ask someone who actually knows. Here's what it was about. When the Cali and 458 debuted, they use the same discs, but the 458 fronts had a different offset. They changed disc material because they had problems making them last, that is well known within the industry. They simply added more material - it was all about cutting costs. There are no less than SIX different part numbers for 458 brakes, and they ALL squeal. Pads used now by Ferrari in GT6 and GT4 calieprs, are still T4300 compound.

I don't care one bit about your links and threads. I care about personal experiences and my own time spend WORKING on the brake systems, dealing with Brembo and pad manufactures. I have a Porto at the dealer I didn't want which I have drive a few times. and the brakes squeal just as bad as they do on my Pista Spider. You know why the Porto brakes use a different part number for the discs compared to the 488/Pista/F8? Because they have a different offset. Do you know why they are not shared with the T? Because they use a different parking brake system and offset as well.

I say again, any statement that Ferrari has solved the squealing issue on the Cali T and on, is nonsense. My FF squealed like mad, but my Lusso is dead quiet. Yet both cars use the EXACT same discs and pads.

Please don't reply because I cannot see any point. You clearly have it all figured out, so it is what it is.

2. cali2012

cali2012 Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Giulio
    as always Co-pilota is correct! bravo

3. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve

4. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Personal Experience: My Cali T has zero Brake Squeal
    Everyone who personally owns a Cali T or Porto lets hear from you do you have awful brake squeal?

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm far from always right, that's for sure. But in these cases I try to only speak from experience. But thank you for the vote of confidence:)