I Need Your MAF's | FerrariChat

I Need Your MAF's

Discussion in '360/430' started by EastMemphis, Aug 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I've finished developing the throttle body tester and have moved that project into prototyping stage. Now, I'd like to set my sights on developing a tester for the MAF. While it's not a terribly expensive part, when it goes bad, it can affect performance.

I've read instances on this forum where the MAF is changed because it was suspected as bad and it didn't fix the problem. Wouldn't it be nice to know for sure a part such as the MAF was in fact the problem before paying for a set?

That's my goal. Be able to test a MAF and determine with precision that it is either good, degraded or failed.

To do this, I need failed MAF's. I need MAF's that were suspected of failing. I also would like MAF's that were changed with no positive result.

I had six throttle bodies to test with and that was barely enough to figure that system out. I have four MAF's right now. Two on my car and two I bought from eBay that may or may not be bad. Twice that many would be a good start.

So if you replaced your MAF's and saved the old parts, please PM me. Thanks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i have it, but its in china. LOL

EastMemphis likes this.
  3. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    I've got one good one and one bad one, but can't remember which is which...

EastMemphis likes this.
  4. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Yes it would be nice!!! I might've thrown them out but I'll check. I replaced to rule out a slight rough idle. Didn't do a thing except knowing I got new parts lol.

5. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Here's what I propose:

Send me your MAF(s) and when I get the test working, I'll run the test, print out the results and mail them back to you.

Thanks!

PM me for details...