Mondial B Pillar Moldings Pt# 61720300 & 61720400 Available | FerrariChat

Mondial B Pillar Moldings Pt# 61720300 & 61720400 Available

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ronfrohock, Aug 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Well, I have some news.
    I finally found the time to kick off the production of more Mondial B Pillars.

I will have units available to ship in about one weeks time. These pillars will be slightly better than my last run as I made another small adjustment to the geometry at the base of the Pillar to further reduce the chance of interference with the body panel (although they still hit the body panel). I am also using a newly available urethane material that has a higher rating for toughness and is more UV stable.

I had a look at the first parts off tool and needed to make some minor adjustments. Production will resume today.

These parts will appear to be complete original, including the decorative dot pattern and Mondial text.
    They will fit all Mondial Cabriolets - 8, 3.2 and T's and because of the material I am using , they will not dry up and fall apart as time goes by.

I should get about ten pair from my tooling before it becomes useless so get them while I have them.

The cost will be $1520.00 / pair and I prefer to sell them as a pair. They will come with the necessary rivets for assembly. If you have a drill and a standard rivet gun, they are really easy to install.

I should add that I did my best to keep the cost down. The tooling, metal splines and material is expensive and these are not easy to produce. Im doing this to help fellow Mondial owners keep their cars in great shape while making a small profit to go toward my own maintenance. If you search for New Old Stock B Pillars you will likely see them being offered for $1600.00 a pair, and the New Old Stock parts will only fall apart soon after they are installed.

Let me know if you want to be put on the list.

Thanks
    - Ron Frohock

2. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    Thanks for doing this Ron! I'm still in for my pair! LMK what to do next.

ronfrohock likes this.
  3. Incaico

Incaico Karting

Jun 13, 2020
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    JR Sandoval
    Ron,

Will you have detailed instructions (maybe a video) as well as tools needed to complete install?

Just want to be ready to do it.

Thanks!

ronfrohock likes this.
  4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I wrote up an install guide from last time that I will include.
    I could also video tape the install if it’s helpful.
    It’s really simple. Mark location of original B Pillar. Drill out some rivets. Put the new Pillar in place. Rivet to secure. Test window operation.
    It’s just that simple. And I provide the specialty rivets. All you need is a sharpie, a drill, a drill bit and a river gun.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Incaico

Incaico Karting

Jun 13, 2020
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    JR Sandoval
    Sounds easy enough. Let me know if there is a preferred rivet gun model. I'm sure I will be using it again...

ronfrohock likes this.
  6. Mick5961

Mick5961 Rookie

May 21, 2019
    Hi Ron,
    Thanks for the update.
    I'm still in for a pair.
    Cheers
    Mick ;)

ronfrohock likes this.
  7. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    As an update. I ran into a problem with the mold that needs to be fixed before I proceed. I can’t get it to close as well as it needs to, I’m getting flash. The problem is that there is a very slight variation in the metal parts that get insert-molded.
    There will be a short delay. I have too much invested at this point to bail. Please be patient. These parts are not simple to replicate. The tooling is very complex.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    I have some from Ron bought a couple years ago. Very good quality. Very pleased, and to those cab owners that don't need them now, remember you will need them later, so suggest you order a spare set now while he's producing them.

No affiliation other than very pleased and grateful Ron is doing this for us all.

Il Steeg and ronfrohock like this.
  9. Mondi Cab

Mondi Cab Karting

Oct 9, 2019
    EU
    Full Name:
    J.Schulz
    Yiii haaa !!!

Received mine yesterday. they look, feel and smell like brand new factory stuff. Great quality.
    Can't judge the fitting yet, as installation will have to wait for winter, but they look right.
    Ron even provided fitting instructions and the neccessary rivets. That's what I call service !

Thanks Ron !

10. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I’m glad to know they arrived safe and sound and you like them.

I have eight pair remaining, and trust me, I will never make these again. When these are gone, I’m out of the “B Pillar” production service.

11. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I’ve had a couple of requests for new B Pillars and I’m sold out.
    I’d honestly rather not make them as the juice is not worth the squeeze. I’m on the fence. Does anyone feel they need a pair?
    I still have roof latch toggles and roof latch sliders if anyone needs them.
    Thanks
    - Ron

12. Mick5961

Mick5961 Rookie

May 21, 2019
    Hi Ron,
    My B Pillars work perfectly, so I'm right on that front.
    I did come across your air conditioning vent kit though - do you have any of them left?
    Cheers
    Mick ;)

13. wsendelback

wsendelback Rookie

May 12, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    William Sendelback
    My parts book says that for my 84 QV Cab the numbers are 61443000 and 61443100. Are your parts interchangeable with these numbers? If so, put me down for a pair. How do I proceed to order and pay?

14. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    They are interchangeable all years.

No need to pay, I’m just trying to establish demand as if I do choose to take this on again it’s a big commitment. On one hand, I’d rather not but on the other I feel like I should as no one else offers them and they are needed. Thanks for your reply.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. louis13

louis13 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Marseille, France
    Full Name:
    Louis
    Dear Ron,

Unfortunately, I only need a left one for the moment. If you go for another batch, count me in !

16. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
    Im in Ron Left one finally snapped in half putting top down!!!

17. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Toggle?

18. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Pics? I.need a B pillar door.jamb piece as.mine is torn and hanging on driver door. Is this a generic rubber I can buy per.foot?

19. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  20. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Are you talking about the part in the picture that I refer to as the gasket?

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I highly recommend these, better than new!

ronfrohock likes this.
  22. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    Just bought a pair of the B pillar pieces and installed them today. Better than the factory pieces and easy to install. If you can operate a drill and a pop rivet gun you can easily do it. One added bonus: both rear quarter windows in my car work more smoothly and quicker than with the old pieces. I'm not really sure why, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. If you own a Mondial Cab and are still using the factory pieces, better buy these why they are still available. We are darned lucky we have someone willing to to the work and absorb the expense required to accomplish this.

Rifledriver likes this.
  23. 85cab

85cab Rookie

Jun 30, 2015
    Ottawa, Canada
    Hi Ron,

Do you still have some of these remaining? If so, I’d like a pair, please.

24. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Thank you Scott for your review and endorsement. I’m really glad you like them.

I’m on the road now, hopefully going home tomorrow. I will check to see how many pair are remaining. From memory, I believe there are only four. I can confirm that I will not be making more of these. The tooling for the internal metal spline is shot and it’s simply not worth the effort to retool.

I also want to share that I am making more of the Roof Clam Cleats that attach to to the latch. Picture below. I should have these completed in a weeks time, if I can stay home for a while.

Please reach out if you have interest in B Pillars, Roof Clamp Toggles, Roof Clamp Sliders or Roof Clamp Cleats.

Ron Frohock
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    With this announcement if I owned a Mondial Cab. I'd be buying a spare pair of B pillar trim pieces. They will never be cheaper or easier to get and there will never be zero demand. I have 2 boxes of spare hard to find items for the 328 and TR. Never once regretted it.